Day 5- thrown in the towel

Leighthesim

So today should have been day 5 on plan, (ss+ 4a day) It hasn't been easy, but I thought I was over the worst of it, but today I was really hungry (and tired, and couldn't concentrate on anything) ...... I had 2 of my shakes, and loads of water and the hunger wasn't going away, I was in tears. I wanted to give up so badly, so I had a chat to my mum, who basically said it was aload of rubbish anyway and said I should just go to healthy eating.... So I gave in and had a sandwich and some flapjack (not exactly healthy but what we had in) but now I feel sick and bloated and really guilty and horrible for giving up.... I feel like i give up on everything, I texted my Cambridge lady telling her my mum went mental and I can't go back, but I dont know what to do, losing weight is what I want right now, but I'm so conflicted, I feel like I don't have the time to cook from scratch for slimming world, the patience or willpower to calorie count or the willpower to restart this. Help me!

We all get bad days on this diet u just have to pick urself up and forget about it but also u have to remember the feeling u had after it. U need to decide what you want is right for you. This diet works but if you are really struggling go up a step u will still get good losses and having the small meal will make ur mum more supportive too. Don't worry about today's blip it happens. Let us know how u get on x

Thank you :)
I'm still feeling rubbish and bloated, but I haven't eaten anything else and I am back to it in the morning, with my porridge :)

Mel is right this isn't an easy diet, we all have bad days and good days. If you're not getting support from your mum try explaining the diet to her as it was explained to you and the reasons you chose it. If she's unconvinced (as were my family) then say to her give it a month and the difference they see physically and in your confidence will change their minds I'm sure. It did with my family. Step 2 meant I could have occasional meat and veg meals with them too. If you want to stick to ss then an extra product or some chicken and salad when you feel really hungry will mean you stay in ketosis and just eat good stuff so no feeling guilty! I'd tried slimming world and weight watchers but it just didn't work for me! Others didn't meet stand hat and tried to press me into those sorts of plans. This worked for me and that was all I needed.

Xxx

it took me four years to get my head in the right place to do the diet (any diet - I tried many including this one about four times). I had many aborted starts. I don't mean it will take you as long as it took me. I just mean to say that when the time is right, you will do it. Don't beat yourself up in the meantime - it only compounds the situation.
The diet is hard enough without our making it even harder. Once your head is in the right place, it is a positive choice rather than a battle against our demons.

You'll get there xx

me again...

it's hard when you have to find the strength to fight off the negativity of others (let alone those closest to us) on top of having to fight off our own negativity.

Wishing you a determined and easy day today! One day at a time. One moment at a time.

Thank you for your encouragement, I have had two good days, since my melt down and am off to weigh in shortly :) wish me luck!

Thank you for your encouragement, I have had two good days, since my melt down and am off to weigh in shortly :) wish me luck!

Good luck!

6 1/2 lbs off! Chuffed with that!!
going to step 2 this week, as not much different then changing to the other form of sole source plus (but more milk and chicken!) hoping it doesn't make too much differance to my losses in coming weeks (I do have fairly active work and a Saturday that pormises to be full of walking ahead)

6 1/2 lbs off! Chuffed with that!! going to step 2 this week, as not much different then changing to the other form of sole source plus (but more milk and chicken!) hoping it doesn't make too much differance to my losses in coming weeks (I do have fairly active work and a Saturday that pormises to be full of walking ahead)

Excellent that's a great loss keep it up x

6 1/2 lbs off! Chuffed with that!!
going to step 2 this week, as not much different then changing to the other form of sole source plus (but more milk and chicken!) hoping it doesn't make too much differance to my losses in coming weeks (I do have fairly active work and a Saturday that pormises to be full of walking ahead)
Great news. All my losses have been on step 2.

Great news. All my losses have been on step 2.

You have done absolutely amazingly though! Shows what you can do!
Having chicken this eve was dreamy! And I don't feel ill because of it! Whoop whoop!

Back