Day 6 and I don't think I'm in ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Loopy!, 10 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Finding this so hard this time, returned after 2 years having baby/bfing.

I am still so hungry, drinking more than minimum and am doing ss+. I have got a furry mouth and a funny taste. Did a ketostix this morning and it was a dusky pink, darker than yesterday.

Today is the first day I've had a headache so maybe today I am in ketosis, just really didn't think I'd find it this hard. Maybe from tomorrow having the bars will help.

On the plus side, my scales say 10lbs off:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

I think from what you have said you are in ketosis , the first week is tough , whether you are in ketosis or not , mentally the hunger does not go for a few weeks but it sounds like you are in for an amazing loss this week :) stick with it and you will soon find the time and weight flys out the window :)

MsJMC likes this.
  4. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Thanks hun, I just never remember it being this hard the last time and I was doing SS. I'd been having a bit of benifibre in drinks until I read the label and found there was 7 calories a portion duh.

Your losses are amaxing - well done!

5. determinator

determinator Banned

I must admit I have actually found it easier this time , could it be the fact you are doing SS+ ? I tried it for a while last time I did CD and it made me feel so hungry ... I found SS much easier

6. Soozyb

Soozyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SS (&SS+ occasionally)
    Loopy , any change in the colour of the ketosticks indicate that you're in ketosis, the depth of colour depends on the concentration of ketones your urine - if you're well hydrated the stick should never really be darker than dusky pink. Sx

British_Claire_84 likes this.
  7. oxfordruse

oxfordruse This Time It's Personal!

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.55%)
    Diet:
    CWP SS
    I just wanted to echo what Soozyb said, because it's really good advice that's worth repeating: all you're looking for on a Ketostix is a change in colour. Get that, and you're laughing.

Looking at the colour chart on the bottle, don't be tempted to think that you need to get (best French accent) 'fort' and 'moyen' all the time. 'Traces' and 'faible' are better, because it means you're more hydrated. Basically: you're either in ketosis, or you're not. There are no levels to it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.