Day 6 and I don't think I'm in ketosis

Loopy!

Silver Member
Finding this so hard this time, returned after 2 years having baby/bfing.

I am still so hungry, drinking more than minimum and am doing ss+. I have got a furry mouth and a funny taste. Did a ketostix this morning and it was a dusky pink, darker than yesterday.

Today is the first day I've had a headache so maybe today I am in ketosis, just really didn't think I'd find it this hard. Maybe from tomorrow having the bars will help.

On the plus side, my scales say 10lbs off:eek:

I think from what you have said you are in ketosis , the first week is tough , whether you are in ketosis or not , mentally the hunger does not go for a few weeks but it sounds like you are in for an amazing loss this week :) stick with it and you will soon find the time and weight flys out the window :)

Thanks hun, I just never remember it being this hard the last time and I was doing SS. I'd been having a bit of benifibre in drinks until I read the label and found there was 7 calories a portion duh.

Your losses are amaxing - well done!

I just wanted to echo what Soozyb said, because it's really good advice that's worth repeating: all you're looking for on a Ketostix is a change in colour. Get that, and you're laughing.

Looking at the colour chart on the bottle, don't be tempted to think that you need to get (best French accent) 'fort' and 'moyen' all the time. 'Traces' and 'faible' are better, because it means you're more hydrated. Basically: you're either in ketosis, or you're not. There are no levels to it :)

Back