Day 7 - Acid and Trapped Wind

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sailaice, 21 January 2009 Social URL.

1. sailaice

sailaice Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am on day 7 and have not once cheated.
    Yesterday I felt quite bloated and today I have really bad painful trapped wind behind my breast bone.

Has anyone else had this?
    I have taken a remegel earlier and two gaviscon just now. This won't knock me out of ketosis will it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lovelyjoolz

Lovelyjoolz Loving Life!

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hiya

I get bloated sometimes, but find extra water sorts it out. I also suffer from very bad heartburn behind my breastbone. I don't think rennies or gaviscon is 'allowed' but I got my Dr to prescribe me a gastro-inhibiter which sorts this out. I've got a months supply, by which time it should have stopped (it did last time I did the diet).

Its important to treat heartburn because the acid can do damage to your tubes. Try peppermint tea - it does help. But if its really bad it might be worth speaking to your Dr about something to reduce your stomach acid.

HTH

xx

4. sailaice

sailaice Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Will I get kicked out of ketosis?? :break_diet:

5. Lovelyjoolz

Lovelyjoolz Loving Life!

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I honestly have no idea hun, sorry. A lot depends on how sensitive you are to carbs. If you do, it will only be a short time before you're back in again - won't be like starting from scratch. Keep drinking the water and taking the packs and you'll be back in before the day is out.

Peppermint tea won't kick you out of ketosis though - it's allowed.

6. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi if acid is the problem you can buy tablets which you can take,you can get them anywhere even in tescos on the shelf they do their own make ranitidine 75mg they are what the doctor gave me before and they are fine to take while doing cd.
    xx

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Rennies or Gaviscon are okay on CD :)

Try peppermint tea first though. Peppermint is great for trapped wind. They gave it to me in hospital after they had pumped me up with air:eek:

8. Lovelyjoolz

Lovelyjoolz Loving Life!

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Pumped up with air??? Blimey - what an image!!! I have this vision of you flying around the ceiling like a popped balloon!! :p:D

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    :8855:

Spent all me time getting slimmer, just to have them pump me up again:mad: :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.