Day 9 (When is Ketosis gonna show its skinny face!)

Essi

Hi Im Esther & Im now on day 9.

This isn't getting any easier & I thought it would.
surely Im in Ketosis by now!:cry:

How can I find out if Im in Ketosis?

I need to find out why Im struggling so much as I have done this before (LL) & I can't remember it being this hard!

I don't want to give up if Im very near to hitting Ketosis, just need to find out if Im already there or not
And if I am, why am I still so so hungry?

Any advise & support would be greatly appreciated, as I feel I need it!!:sigh:

Esther x

Ketosis isn't a magical fix all esther. Yes you can feel less hungry but there are still times when you will feel hungry. Chances are though that you're not even feeling real hunger. Most of the time its more habit or emotional.

By the way the bad news is that I don't get into ketosis with Exante. As far as I know I'm the only person on this board who doesn't so hopefully it won't be a problem for you.

Hi everyone.
Still trying hard! hoping to get there some day soon. Just wondering, I know that citric acid can get you out of ketosis, but what about lactic acid - it's in Cream Soda diet drinks, which I love. Does anyone know?

Essi maybe you should try Ketostiks, then at least you can put your mind at ease either way, surely worrying about whether you're in ketosis won't help your mental attitude.

I hope you get there and get the losses you're after!

Mumbles - Lactic acid is probably exactly what's causing your problem. Malic acid is the only thing that's safe to drink. Give up the cream soda if you want to get into ketosis

Essie is it just the hunger that's making you think you're not in ketosis ?? As has already been said most of us still get hungry from time to time even in ketosis

Starlight said:
Mumbles - Lactic acid is probably exactly what's causing your problem. Malic acid is the only thing that's safe to drink. Give up the cream soda if you want to get into ketosis

Essie is it just the hunger that's making you think you're not in ketosis ?? As has already been said most of us still get hungry from time to time even in ketosis

Thanks starlight
It has been an awful hunger but day 12 today and the hunger has subsided!! Yay
I was only gonna weigh once a month but needed to know I was going in the right direction and I have lost 11llb in 11 days so I must be doing it right
Thanks again for replying Est

well done Esther. If you are sticking to the plan 100% you WILL lose weight.
If you are really worried about ketosis, get yourself some ketostix (Boots, Amazon, etc) and that will give you some confidence in the programme.

You're doing fab, keep up the great work!

Back