Day by day - new to atkins, comments V welcome

messed up a little today went shopping and didn't have anything to eat as there was nothing carb friendly so had my tea when i came home and stuffed, belly pork, mushrooms, chorizo and french beans, but i was supposed to have cabbage with it and usual story of it turning into an alien and well out of date so today i have only had 9g of carbs !

when i got home from shopping i had 2 slice of ham and some cheese which bulked my cals up then fell asleep so annoyed as i have not had nearly enough green leafy carbs as i should have had and there is nothing in the house carb and healthy freindly ! hmm hope this has not put me back..

grrrr just had a pineapple ring.. i am craving fruit more than anything now popping off to see how many carbs but i know it's not allowed on induction ..grrrr

Morning all,

Ok dont laugh but u have just made my 1st ever omlette and it was gorgeous why have i not made them before.. made a nice change for brekkie...

i also made some sf jelly last night but read that it can stall weight loss so will only have a tiny bit if i need it after my tea tonight..

feeling good headaches have gone and if the scales are nice to me on wed morn then this is defo the diet for me.. keeping everything crossed..

Morning all,

Ok dont laugh but u have just made my 1st ever omlette and it was gorgeous why have i not made them before.. made a nice change for brekkie...

i also made some sf jelly last night but read that it can stall weight loss so will only have a tiny bit if i need it after my tea tonight..

feeling good headaches have gone and if the scales are nice to me on wed morn then this is defo the diet for me.. keeping everything crossed..

You are doing great!! But like me you need to up the greens as I was told last week by Kat1e. Spinach or kale is the way to go, I had never eaten either in my life before until this week. :D

Yes it *is* a lot to get your head around especially if you have done SW and WW and all the rest you get soo used to low fat this and that, and frying with no fat, it's quite the novelty to fry something in butter. ;) And it will take a while to stop automatically picking up low fat products say like cheese you are looking for the lite cheese, then stop and go nooooo I eat full fat these days. :)

Well done so far - keep testing things out and enjoying food - that's what this WOE is all about. We have some family favourites now that are from here;)

Thanks guys for the advise, Just done my 1st proper Atkind shop and am fully stocked up on loads of leafy greens so feel better about that, i have always loved fruit and veg so looking forward to trying new ways..

Just had an amazing lunch defo will be a regular

King prawns cooked with chilli flakes and garlic powder
some pepperoni and 1 spring onion
on a bed of lettuce with mayo. wow bloomin lovely pic attached it looked that nice LOL

Attachments

• 20120226_124920.jpg
    20120226_124920.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 43
Wow Lou your lunch looks wonderful, great idea for me I love prawns and pepperoni will def try next week.

Hi Lou,
I'm glad to see its not just me having a hard time getting the guilt feeling out of my head. It's sucha different way of thinking isn't it after a lifetime of having low fat drilled into your head.

Your meals look lovely and make me think I'm thinking of the right sort of food, I'm still waiting for my book to arrive.

aw thanks guys it's good to know i'm on the right track. i suppose the scales will tell me that on wednesday ooh scared ! ha

. although note to self DO NOT MAKE SF JELLY cos only having a small amount is very very difficult..

Pepperoni was just asda's own £1 bargain already sliced and lovely.

I do feel i have eaten too much today though am proper pogged..

On a sunday my son goes to his grans, and my bf goes fishing all day i normally spend the day cleaning and eating crap or sat watching films chilling out and eating crap either way there was always rubbish food involved so today i feel i have been good as i haven't had anything naughty but have had alot.. Think i'll have a light day tomorrow, maybe more fish and chicken..

another day more or less done.. feeling a little scared about WI day and also got my TOTM Boooooooo that and finishing off my sf jelly with cream again Oooo will NOT get any next week..

I tried soya milk today and YUK tasted weird to me so think i'll just stick to black tea and coffee for the moment i know you can use cream but as i have had it with jelly i am a little worried about over doing it...

today i had my prawn dinner again but instead of prawns i had chicken and it was bloomin lovely yumm

i'm feeling fine and finding it easy at the mo, it's just the evenings and the sweet tooth kicking in which i am finding difficult especially this week as dp is on his late shift and thats when i normally literally just binge on rubbish...

hope everyone is feeling well xxx

Hi Lou
Good to see you are enjoying your food still, I am still sticking to the basics before I get my book.

I did have another book about carbohydrate addiction which has been a really interesting read, and (you probably know this already) but the sweetness of the sf jelly sounds like it is triggering insulin which makes you unable to stop.
Sorry if it's stating the obvious but when I read it it was new to me. I hadn't realized that it was the act of eating carbs/fake carbs that biologically makes us eat more!
Cruel or what!
Anyway I'll see if I can post this, I'm on the train on the way to work and keep losing connection.

Thanks very much my main issue has always been with binging i eat healthily but as soon as i have anything classed as "bad" then i can't stop lol..

Hello Lou... I am the same with sf Kelly do very rarely have it as once I've made it there's no stopping me til it's all gone ! Lol

Good luck with WI xx

Back