Day five

nina

Silver Member
Hi everyone...I am back with a vengeance...against my own flabbiness and seek to unrobe the skinny girl who has been hiding behind fatty layers for 12 years.

I am not new to CD and dieting...and as it goes the yo yo dieting for years.

What's different this time around? The doctor diagnosed me with a degenerative spinal condition, which is painful, and can be ameliorated by losing a massive amount of weight...after getting over the self pity hump...I grabbed myself up by my boots and decided to get back on the wagon...

So here I am, for the 101 th time...determined to do this...scared, confident, amazed, and hopeful...all these feelings are mixed inside.

Day five is here, been eating protien as needed and I think ketosis hit last night...cuz I feel the leg cramps this morning....yeah!!!

So I want to extend a warm hello to all my new friends to be, on minimins...we can do this!!!

Question : what made you decide THIS WAS IT? Time to do this.

Hi Nina.

You remind me a lot of me actually, I have a lot to lose too and something clicked this time around (helped along by a holiday booked in Aug)

I have been big since forever and last year I managed to lose 4 stone in three months by eating pretty much bugger all. Of course I couldn't keep up with that so predictably I gained it all back.

I think the feeling of being a little slimmer stayed with me and I missed it a lot and felt worse and worse about myself. I tried CD over and over and over again but never once got past day 1 or 2.

Then we booked a holiday a two weeks ago and I realised that this time I didn't want to be standing in the background watching the world pass me by while everyone else was having fun. I want to be part of it and not have to worry about feeling self conscious and that everyone is looking at how fat I am.
I want to be able to run around with the kids and not be wrecked after two minutes too.

So I now had a rather immediate goal and this has given me the biggest kick up the ass I could ever have! lol

I somehow made it past day one, then two and now ten! I am counting down the days till our holiday and even now I am wondering if I might actually continue with CD while I'm there.
I know for a fact that once I slip up, I will never ever get back on track again, not using CD anyway and I need those fast losses, so this is keeping me going too.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now and wish you the very best of luck.

We can both do this, I know we can! :)

xxx

Thank you for your comforting words! I felt your genuine sincereness and that made me feel good about finishing day 7!

Let's keep in touch...we can do this...when it clicks within us.

Well done on finishing day 7...

im here because everything else has failed!.. Ive tried sw, ww, etc etc andas soon as food is involved i took it as cart-blanche to eat what i wanted, there was no 'limits' if you know what i mean. There was no understanding as to WHY i ate more than i should, the meetings i had werent very good, the instructor wanted to get us weighed and out!

i tried cd years ago, but again i couldnt find a councillor that gave support, i had 2 and they werent very good, so i gave up. ive been reccommened the lady i see on wednesday and shes highly thought of so we shall see!

we go away in september and i REFUSE to be the fatty by the pool that darent sit up incase i get rolls, too embarrassed to walk to the pool, knackered to walk round anywhere, get the drift!! i also have knee problems and the weight is just making it a lot worse.. i FEEL lazy and unhealthy, i feel bloated all the time, and im sick of not buying clothes when im with my partner incase he sees what size i am:banghead::banghead:.. god that sounds pathetic!!

but im doing it for ME, because i need to do it and i WILL do it

good luck x

Thanks pink Sarah, for sharing a bit of yourself with me...and everyone else.

I really loved you last sentence...doing this for you! That's my mantra this time around.

We can do this!

Hi Nina.

Good luck on your journey and really well done on getting further than you have before.

I'm doing CD (810) now even though I said I wouldn't do it again because I want to be kind to my body!

I'm training for the Great North Run and I think that it's cruel of me to impact my joints and hurt my body just because I'm STILL carrying around an extra 2 stone.

something that in the short term feels a bit mean to my poor old body, is in fact the kindest thing I could do for it.

I think, and hope, that this means I'll stick with it. Health is good!

Kx

That sounds great Kate, I would love to run a marathon none day...

Do you feel any different from SS to 810?

Day 9 is down and done! Yea me!! Now Kate, at what point should I begin to use my cross trainer and for how long...

Back