Day Five

Julesy

Likes being a girly girl
Howdy all........

Crikey, where to start......

Firstly I just wanted to thank you for your honesty and inspiring posts.......I have been toying with the idea of CD for a few weeks and finally took the plunge.....it took a few comments recently to give me a kick up the fat bottom and make me actually want to take control of my life and my weight....

I've only really tried the odd diet once or twice in the past but always felt so despondent with losing 1/2 to 1lb a week after I had been extra 'good'.....so I kidded myself for a good many years that I was happy as I was and adopted a larger than life personality to make up for what I lacked in looks and body etc.....the comments recently hurt me alot and forced me to take a long hard look at myself and I knew that I have been a blinkin good actress and deep down I am incredibly unhappy with my weight.

And so here starts the metamorphosis for me......

My family (especially my mum) are really supportive of my decision, they only want what is best for me and what will make me genuinally happy......I'm not telling anyone at work what I'm doing just yet, (as that is where some of the hurtful comments have come from and I know they wouldn't have my best interests at heart).......so thanks to my awesome CDC for her brill idea (thank you Mandy if you read this!) I am now unofficially wheat and lactose intolerant....lol.....great excuse for the obligatory birthday cakes and endless biccies and milky coffees! :)

So, I'm a day into this awesome journey and feeling incredibly positive and determined........so far so good (2 packs down and 4 litres of water gone)........

I hope that I will stay just as determined and focused as I do right now many weeks down the line......I have a feeling I will with all the tremendous amount of support and inspiration around........

So a huge massive hello from me.....Jules!

Welcome Julesy. I think if you can get through the first week, then you should find it plain sailing.

Best of luck and I hope your wheat and lactose intolerance is cured in 82lb's time.

Thank you both so much for the lovely welcome!!!

I have a pretty good feeling that in 82llbs time my wheat and lactose intolerance will be a thing of the past...hee hee....obviously not too much in the past...don't ever want to gorge myself on oodles of cakes and biccies again........

Oh and wish me luck....day two will be tomorrow and I have a first aid exam at work in the afternoon.....should be interesting.....however, if I feel like I do now then no probs! :)

best of luck with your weight loss journey. you sound really determined. If ever you need advice or just a rant come on here there is always someone. Im on week 4 have lost nearly 2stone so far, as the weeks have went on ive found it easier :) becky :)

Thank you again for the lovely warm welcome and a huge Congrats to both of you for truly awe inspiring weight losses........see this is what makes me so determined to succeed......thank you! :)

Good luck Julesy. I lost my 6 stone in 20 weeks so keep at it!

no problem, its the stories on here that got me started on cd..and then once i saw the scales moving it kept me going it really is the best diet ever!! have you much to lose? i started at 20stone :(

Hi Julesy

Welcome to CD and to Minis, your post rang so many bells with me, I too hadn't tried dieting that much in recent years and had tried the approach of being fat and happy until I had a major reality check!! You sound so positive and the support of your family will make all the difference.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted on how you are doing!

Georgie
xx

Good luck with your Cambridge journey Jules :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Frejja - I'm currently weighing in at 15.5 and am 5'3" small...so I'm hoping to lose 6 stone too! My ultimate goal is to be in my 10's by August for my cousins wedding......would love to wear a girly strapless dress and actually feel pretty!

Becky - I have around 6 stone to lose and the thought of going down the slimming club route and losing 1/2lb a week is just horrific for me.....the stories that I read on here and just so inspiring and my CDC has her own incredible story too which is just amazing! Oh and just think Becky, you may have started at 20 stone but you will never ever be that again......!!! Well done you!

Georgie - WOW WOW WOW!!!! You are so gorgeous!!!! How you look now is just how I would love to look too - your journey is amazing and you really are a strong and determined lady!

My mum commented today that she has never known me so determined and excited about anything ever and i really truly am.
I'm a nice person on the inside, I just want to be a nice person on the outside too....does that make sense?

Heyyyyyyyyyyy Mandy!!!! My very own superstar CDC!!!! :D

Day One has gone brill, am all set and ready for day two....bring it on! lol! Oh and thanks for the Good Luck wishes for tomorrow........am just off to do a little revision and get an early night in preparation!

(((((BIG HUGS))))) to you xxx

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Georgie - WOW WOW WOW!!!! You are so gorgeous!!!! How you look now is just how I would love to look too - your journey is amazing and you really are a strong and determined lady!

My mum commented today that she has never known me so determined and excited about anything ever and i really truly am.
I'm a nice person on the inside, I just want to be a nice person on the outside too....does that make sense?

Thanks!

Makes perfect sense, in fact I could have written it myself, hold on to all of those feelings as they will help you through your journey.

Gxx

Hi Julesy :)

You have made a great start and this motivation will keep you strong and keep you going through the next few days. I'm on day 3 of Sole Source with CD so hang in there hun as you are going to be soooo pleased with the results you will get for your efforts:D

Welcome aboard the good ship weightloss....;):)

Stick on here and let us all support each other down the road to where we want to be.

Lacey..xx :D

Thank you so much Lacey!

I just keep thinking to myself that this strict restriction is only for such a short period of my life and then I can start to actually enjoy food and have a better relationship with it.....in the grand scheme of things, this is no time at all is it...especially when you consider how many more years ahead of us we will have of being healthy, happy and slim.......a little discomfort for a lifetime of happiness......

Good for you and this forum is definately the place to be. I didnt lose any weight last week and would have given up if it wasn't for the support on here.....this week i lost 7 pounds!!!!! So if u ever feel like wavering, hop on board here for support and "time passing"

Thank you so much Lacey!

I just keep thinking to myself that this strict restriction is only for such a short period of my life and then I can start to actually enjoy food and have a better relationship with it.....in the grand scheme of things, this is no time at all is it...especially when you consider how many more years ahead of us we will have of being healthy, happy and slim.......a little discomfort for a lifetime of happiness......

You're absolutely spot on with your thinking hun and with Mandy there at your back as your CDC (my singing partner after one or two vodka's:rolleyes: (me!!).....you cannot fail to get to where you feel happy.

Lacey..xx :D

Back