Step 1 Sole Source Day One - 5 Minutes In...so far so good!! ;o)

TillyE

Hi Everyone!

Well here I am 100% Sole Source and I'm feeling fantastic. Mind you it's only been 1.5 hour since I've come back from my Consultant! :eek:D

So far I've tried the Spicy Tomato soup and I have to say, it was quite nice (if a little powdery!!)

Off to get my thread count up to 20 or 50 so I can be a proper member!

Stop and say hello! I'm going to need everyone's help getting the beef off! :eek:

Ciao!

Hi Jan!

I actually had the Spicy Tomato and was pleasantly surprised!
I'm more of a milkshake fan than a soup fan, but decided I would try each one in my first week and then see what I prefer going forward.

What flavours have you got for your next 2 meals?

Welcome Tilly!! So far so good.... I had a similar starting weigh to you and did make it to 10st (before I went on hols last month, oops), check out my diary of you get bored (link below in my sig)

x

Hi Tilly!

I've also started today. I tried a mushroom soup earlier but I'm just not a fan of the texture. Have you tried the porridge?

I'm not ready to try the porridge...too much like eating lol
I think I will be sticking to the shakes mainly and probably won't have the soups either.

Good luck with this too, I hope we can get a little group of us to stick to this together xx

Yeah, it's quite nice so maybe in a few weeks when you want something with a bit more substance. The shakes are perfect for this hot weather though.

Good luck to you too!!

Hi
Thank you, this thread made me smile!

I've picked up little tips and tricks as I've gone! I've found that I have to use the hand blender on the soups or they are too powdery for me. But I always warm my mug or bowl with boiling water first otherwise the soup cools down too quickly.
Sometimes I like the chocolate shakes made with hot water in a mug in the evening like a bedtime drink!
Have you tried 6/8 ice cubes in the shake and use the hand blender? It makes it thick and cold and much nicer.
The 'Mix-a-mousse' is really good too (once you get the knack), I think it's a psychological thing, but eating with a spoon makes me happy lol

Xx

Start weight: 17st 10lb
Week 1: 10lb loss :)

So this is my first post, having started Cambridge today. Thanks for all the tips! I have got half way through day one and am having no problems so far...long may it last :) xx

Me too Tatty... Good luck, 1 shake and a litre and half water drank.... Keep peeing big time !!!! Does anyone know if we can have hot water ?
Thanks

Hot, cold or sparkling water are all fine! As is peppermint tea, chai tea, and rooibos tea (all leaf teas) you can drink one can I'd diet pop a day too! CWP have water flavours that are really nice 1 tsp will flavour 2 litres of water, so they're goo value too! The orange added (1/2 tsp) to a vanilla shake makes a cheesecake flavour shake! It's my absolute favourite and made as a mousse it tastes almost sinful!!

You're not supposed to use the water flavouring til week 3 or the mousse. Sorry. And don't touch diet drinks. The citric acid will take you out of keto. If you really really must then go for coke zero. Remember water flavourings are one glass a day. Same with mousse and bars. Loads of people don't get told this. My CWC is spot on.

Yay! Found the perfect thread for me!
I'm Day 1 too, was on the diet before and managed to lost 11kgs in 6 weeks then gave up and turned into a food monster eating anything and everything..
But something snapped this morning - I'm going on holiday in a month exactly to visit my family after not seeing them in 3 years.. so i am definitely sticking to it this time!!
Off for my lunch - chocolate shake!
Good luck everyone, stay focused :)

Hi I am on day 2 and I don't feel too bad just mentally preparing myself for the dreaded days 3 and 4... Bring it on. Tried the mango shake last night and did not like it one bit

Diet pop that does not contain citric acid is ok..... As is the water flavouring even from day one especially if the water drinking is a deal breaker.... 2 litres of it is fine too... One tsp is enough to flavour 2 litres! The citric acid and ketosis thing is theoretical.... It affects very, very few people indeed. Different consultants will tell you different things... As will customer services at Head office. Mix a mousse and bars should be avoided for the first 2weeks... Longer, if you can manage it.
The official water consumption recommendation is still 4pints a day, not 4litres, as some consultants will recommend! (In my experience the higher volume of water seems to aid weight loss and prevent water retention)

Back