Day one....again!!!!

Hi everyone, im new to this site just started ss today for the second time (and the last time!!) and thought keeping a record of some sort may help me as i know it wont be easy. At the beginning of last year did a very expensive meal replacement diet and lost 5st. i couldnt afford to keep on it and got disheartened and ended up putting some of the weight back on. To combat this gain i started on ss at the beginning of this year, but left after a short time due to family stresses. Im in a much better place now (well apart from my weight!) and looking forward to feeling better about myself again. I enjoyed it sooo much after i'd lost the weight before, but felt i did allow myself enough time to get used to it. Im off to visit family in Canada in April and i turn 30 next october. I feel a bit like i have wasted my 20's feeling fat and unhappy and i dont want that for my 30's.
Day one today -
Brekkie - apple and cinimon(sp?) porridge (yum!)
Lunch - spicey tomato soup (not keen)
Dinner - not sure yet
Drinks - fizzy water and balck coffee
Activity - visiting the loo every 10 mins!!!

Roll on next mondays weight in!

well, ive managed to get through the first day! i didnt find it too bad until last night when i got in from work. I dont eat much when im at work anyway, but when i get home i snack so much and i didnt even realise! When i was sat watching tv i was craving a bag of crisps sooooo much. It's become such a habit i have to break, im ok while im busy, but then the minuite i stop i start to feel hungry and crave rubbish foods! I know it gets easier because ive done it before, but what concerns me is keeping to it after ive phased off when im at target. I still need to keep goals to stop the rot setting in again, because like i said before, i really cant go through this again and i dont want to spend my life on a diet! x

Day 3 in the cambridge diet house. I had a total melt down at my poor husband last night :argh:. It was only day 2 but i just felt like i couldnt do it. Im on it for 5 months and the thought of this for the next 20 weeks fills me with dread! I feel better though this morning and even though i was soooo hungry last night i could of eaten a horse, i didnt cheat :angel09:and i feel proud of myself for it! My cdc said i may feel rubbish and headachy today but i feel ok, i think it was last night i felt like that which didnt help! I am going to do this, i am going to be 4/5 stones lighter when i go to Canada 5 months today!!! :wee: xxx

Well done for getting 'back on the wagon'! Hope today goes as well as yesterday, you sound very determined. I really wouldn't worry about what will happen after ss when you are at target - just focus on the here and now, as you will probably have a very different way of looking at things and handling temptation than you do now - that's what I am trying to do. I know its a cliché but we just have to take one step at a time and deal with each thing as and when they happen, rather than pre-empting things.
Good luck, looking forward to seeing your first weeks loss!

Hi Katyo, thanks so much for your comments. Well done on your -7lbs :wow:!! I hope i have such a good loss on monday. I know what you're saying is true, about temptation and the way i think about food. I was thinking to myself last night i never want to step on the scales and see those numbers come up ever again!!
Good luck on your next weigh in. x :happy096:

hey , well done getting back on it , I amways find day 3 the hardest so glad you feeling ok . I am a restarter , lost 6.5 stone then had to come off for an operation and I am on day 11 now :) Every day that you get through makes you stronger and more determined :)

Thanks Determinator, big congrats on your first week!!! :happy096: Iam sooo motivated today and feel really energised. I had my meltdown and now i feel really good! I want at least 4 stone off by Canada, i had thought that whatever i weigh i would stop then, but the way i feel today i could go and go!!! (of course we'll have to see how long that lasts lol) Im enjoying it for now though. Ive got a big deep clean of the house planned this weekend (what fun!!!!) but as i cant go out for a meal or drinks, may as well do something useful!!!
Have a good weekend everyone :D xxx

here i go again!!

Hi people, I did the CD in the summer and lost about 21lbs in just over a month :) however, then Glastonbury happened, and weekends away and ICE CREAM!!
So here I am again. I started about a month ago back on it but havent been able to get my head around it this time at all. This morning I woke up much more determined, so had a chocolate shake and feel like maybe this will be a good week!
(if only wine wasnt calling me)
hoping this site will support me in my times of need!! :) good luck everyone!

Hi LeaV, well done for getting back on it and for loosing 21lbs! :D. Its so easy to beat yourself up about past mistakes, but you have to put that behind you, whats done is done and the only way is to go forward and pat yourself on the back for having the courage to get back up and start again! I know what you mean about the wine though!!! Ive been ok in the week but i will miss having a glass of wine while watching the friday night soaps and strictly on a saturday. I may put my fizzy water in a wine glass (how sad is that lol!) :party0036:

noooo not sad at all, its psychological and a great idea....may have to add some red food colouring to mine! haha
keep going and GOOD LUCK!!!

Well done for getting back on track, you seem to be really motivated so that's at least half the battle :D I have yo- yo'ed on and off Cambridge for the last few months and hopefully I too am in the right head space to finally kick my excess rolls to the curb!!! Water, water, water and we should all be like lettuce leaves before we know it ;)

Back