Day one and beyond!

TriedThemAll

Well day 1 has arrived and I'm feeling optimistic. Iv had my first pancake and it was actually quite nice. I think I'll half the amount of sweetener tho because it was too sweet.

Food plan for the day....

B...galette

L...quiche using eggs, cottage cheese, 1 onion, 3 rashers of turkey bacon.

D...Beef (no fat steak)

I can't wait to get into the swing of things so I get used to what I can eat. I'm quite hungry at the moment but am too worried about having too much. I'm sure ill be a pro soon :)

If your hungry then eat! I have to say I felt rubbish throughout the whole attack phase. Hopefully you'll find it easier! Don't forget the water...

Jeniferous said:
If your hungry then eat! I have to say I felt rubbish throughout the whole attack phase. Hopefully you'll find it easier! Don't forget the water...

I'm drinking loads of water and now just waiting for my quiche to cook. Iv decided to put an extra few rashes of turkey bacon in the oven to have on the side of my quiche. Is that ok or is it rationed? Is there a restriction with eggs as well? Thanks

Good luck - I started on Saturday and have to say no ill effects so far, although I had done a vlcd for week just prior to starting so low carb anyway. If I've felt hungry I've eaten - a lot more than you so far so be interesting to weigh in the morning :)

I got hungry! So I caved and had some crisps. Now I feel really horrible with myself and just had some very bad news. A close friend has passed away so a very bad day all round :(

Day 1 again tomorrow an I WILL be sticking to it! I think I might make the oat bran cookies for the evening as snacks. This is the hardest part for me. Iv done great all day and then ruined it in the last hour! In going to plan tomorrow food better so I am full. Sorry to be a let down after all your help.

Thats a crappy day for sure...... Don't apologise and just start again but eat a lot more - the beauty of Dukan is there is NO LIMIT to the amount of protein you can have as long as there is no fat or skin involved!!! Get yourself a whole chicken and season it and roast it and eat the entire thing if you need to - don't go hungry - boil some eggs to have at hand as a snack you will be amazed how full you will feel - if you feel hungry keep reaching for the meat or fish - tell yourself that you can have fat free yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla or any meat if you are hungry and if you want it have it - if you don't then your not really hungry and your mind is playing tricks - also drinking loads is great!!! I always had diet coke and black coffee/tea in copious amounts! GOOD LUCK -

trudyc said:
Thats a crappy day for sure...... Don't apologise and just start again but eat a lot more - the beauty of Dukan is there is NO LIMIT to the amount of protein you can have as long as there is no fat or skin involved!!! Get yourself a whole chicken and season it and roast it and eat the entire thing if you need to - don't go hungry - boil some eggs to have at hand as a snack you will be amazed how full you will feel - if you feel hungry keep reaching for the meat or fish - tell yourself that you can have fat free yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla or any meat if you are hungry and if you want it have it - if you don't then your not really hungry and your mind is playing tricks - also drinking loads is great!!! I always had diet coke and black coffee/tea in copious amounts! GOOD LUCK -

I will be using all that advice tomorrow! I had the pancake for breakfast, a piece of cottage cheese quiche for lunch and then a price of chicken for dinner (was supposed to be beef) and that was it!

Tomorrow I plan to have

B...3 rashers of turkey bacon and 2 poached eggs

L...a slice of cottage cheese quiche

D...fish

Snacks...Dukan cookies with my oat bran and booked eggs if I get hungry. Plus loads of water

Does that sound ok? Thanks

Paulinegin said:
Sorry to hear your sad news, TTA

P x

Thank you. It didn't really sink in until late last night so a bad night for sleep. All set for being 100% today. I'm going to read the Dukan book again in my spare time to take my mind off things.

Ok so I'm a bit confused. I just jumped on the scales and it says iv lost 3lb! Is that possible on day 1? Especially with my little blip.

Yep - most likely water but once the water has gone then you'll see real weight losses. The book does explain why the water is held and lost!

Jeniferous said:
Yep - most likely water but once the water has gone then you'll see real weight losses. The book does explain why the water is held and lost!

Yea I know about the water. Iv done VLCD's before. I just had it in my head that I wouldn't lose because I ate carbs last night. I did Lipotrim at the beginning of the year and never lost that much on day 1 do was a little unsure and thinking my scales are broken. Lol

Well having a proper breakfast and eating when hungry, really helped. I found that I late less because I was filling up at meal times :) I am dreading tomorrows weigh in because of yesterday's blip but won't let it get me down too much.

My little blip didn't cause any damage! It just caused my loss to slow down. Phew! Only lost 1/4 of a pound but that's better than a gain. 3 and 1/4lb in 2 days isn't bad :)

Back