Day One over

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by newlifenow, 23 June 2009.

1. newlifenow

newlifenow Well-Known Member

Well yesterday was my first day on Atkins and i enjoyed it. It is amazing to see how your head can switch from self loathing to happy in the space of a day because you are actually doing something about your weight. I have woke up every morning for the past 6 weeks disgusted with my self for the previous days menu, i couldnt get enough carbs in a day and i was highly dependant on them. Some times after dinner i would feel sedated with carbs, madness!!

So i wondered if i woud be able for exercise but im buzzing and ready to go the gym so i might as well.

Only downfalls so far is i have what feels like a film of grease in my mouth before brushing my teeth and yesterday i had a bad headache at one stage.

Drinking 2 litres of still/sparkling water per day.
  2. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Bad girl warning...

Good for you, NLN! It's a fantastic feeling when you finally feel like you've taken control.

I must admit, I've 'started a new diet' loads of times (low fat, sensible eating, calorie counting) and it's only the two times that I've *seriously* started on Atkins that I've felt really positive about it, and felt like it is *definitely* going to work. And a positive mental attitude is invaluable in the ups and downs of weight loss...
  3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

First signs of Ketosis and Atkins flu. :D
  4. Hooya

Hooya Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel a bit oilier on Atkins too :eek:

I have some clean and clear oil control things which I can just rub on my skin if it looks a bit shiny - seems to work pretty well!
  5. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Hi NLN!

welcome and good luck. Headache is definitely a sign of detox from the carbs, this will continue probably for a couple of days. Hang in there it's much better soon!
    A very realistic goal by the way.

6. Tranquilize

Tranquilize Active Member

hmm i haven't gotten a headache, but i have been feeling pretty weak and fatigued. is this normal?
  7. PennyJane

PennyJane Well-Known Member

Hi tranquilize, yes it's normal to feel sluggish for a few days and until ketosis kicks in. Once you get past the first few days, past any nausea, weakness you should/may get the breath and then I woosh of energy. Providing you keep within the carb allowance once in ketosis, you should maintain that level of energy throughout.
  8. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Well-Known Member

I always tell people that day one is the best day on this diet, like you say the immediate switch to happy is just incredible.

As far as having a film of grease in your mouth I don't think you need to worry as both Video Tapes and DVD's have no carb content.
  9. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Well-Known Member

ha ha ha ha!

Its far too early for jokes Hellraiser. :D
  10. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Bad girl warning...

Ooof, that's terrible Hellraiser! I actually winced! :D