Day One over

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by newlifenow, 23 June 2009 Social URL.

1. newlifenow

newlifenow Full Member

Well yesterday was my first day on Atkins and i enjoyed it. It is amazing to see how your head can switch from self loathing to happy in the space of a day because you are actually doing something about your weight. I have woke up every morning for the past 6 weeks disgusted with my self for the previous days menu, i couldnt get enough carbs in a day and i was highly dependant on them. Some times after dinner i would feel sedated with carbs, madness!!

So i wondered if i woud be able for exercise but im buzzing and ready to go the gym so i might as well.

Only downfalls so far is i have what feels like a film of grease in my mouth before brushing my teeth and yesterday i had a bad headache at one stage.

Drinking 2 litres of still/sparkling water per day.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Bad girl warning...

Good for you, NLN! It's a fantastic feeling when you finally feel like you've taken control.

I must admit, I've 'started a new diet' loads of times (low fat, sensible eating, calorie counting) and it's only the two times that I've *seriously* started on Atkins that I've felt really positive about it, and felt like it is *definitely* going to work. And a positive mental attitude is invaluable in the ups and downs of weight loss...

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

First signs of Ketosis and Atkins flu. :D

5. Hooya

Hooya Full Member

Yes, I feel a bit oilier on Atkins too :eek:

I have some clean and clear oil control things which I can just rub on my skin if it looks a bit shiny - seems to work pretty well!

6. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Hi NLN!

welcome and good luck. Headache is definitely a sign of detox from the carbs, this will continue probably for a couple of days. Hang in there it's much better soon!
    A very realistic goal by the way.

Bren
    X

7. Tranquilize

Tranquilize Member

hmm i haven't gotten a headache, but i have been feeling pretty weak and fatigued. is this normal?

8. PennyJane

PennyJane Full Member

Hi tranquilize, yes it's normal to feel sluggish for a few days and until ketosis kicks in. Once you get past the first few days, past any nausea, weakness you should/may get the breath and then I woosh of energy. Providing you keep within the carb allowance once in ketosis, you should maintain that level of energy throughout.

9. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Full Member

I always tell people that day one is the best day on this diet, like you say the immediate switch to happy is just incredible.

As far as having a film of grease in your mouth I don't think you need to worry as both Video Tapes and DVD's have no carb content.

10. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Full Member

ha ha ha ha!

Its far too early for jokes Hellraiser. :D

11. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Bad girl warning...

Ooof, that's terrible Hellraiser! I actually winced! :D