Day one

Hello Kelster, welcome to the forum. Yes, it does get easier. If you stick in and drink your water you should be in Ketosis in 3 days. This helps the hunger pangs. Of course, we never stop thinking about food, but not being as hungry helps to stop reaching for the biscuit tin. You need plenty of willpower and determination to get through it, but you've made a start. Keep at it and you will see the results :)

I am on day 12 and for the first couple of days i couldnt stop thinking about food but after my first weigh in I feel so much better seeing the numbers going down that any thought of food is put in the back of my mind and i am more determined to stay on track x

Kelster- I starting tomorrow, I have done it before it gets easier like others have said, once you get into ketosis. last time i did VLCD for 5 months and i survived christmas and all the cold weather just on shakes and bars, so if i can do it you surely will, good luck on your weight loss journey

Thanks for all your responses! Almost finished day two and the hunger seems to have gone! Now it's a matter of just trying to resist all the temptations such as cakes and biscuits at work! It's reassuring to know you're all doing so well :) xxx

Day six today for me and I can honestly say I don't feel hungry at all. The water really helps I think. Forgot to take my bar to work today for lunch and lasted till I got home and even cooked the kids dinner before finally settling down to eat my bar and shake at about 730pm! I hope it stays this way and I should be able to stick to it!

I think when we are tempted by food it's not because we are really hungry its because we are missing the tastes and enjoyment of it and not because we really need it.im learning a lot about what tricks the mind can play and the emotional comfort it provides.

Feeling really positive now:)

Back