Dear diary... onwards and downwards :o)

Sorry to read redhead that you have had to cancel your holiday :( just by reading your diary I know how hard you have tried and how much you were looking forward to it x Don't give up I am hanging on in there and each day has got a bit better.. I know last week if I had jacked it all in I would of stuffed my face too and then that would of made me miserable, I totally understand that feeling of being at the crossroads, turn left and come on my path and perhaps we can can help each other on this rocky road. Think about the investment your making in yourself and do it for yourself. I'm in that position that I care for people, make decisions and try each day to work out how I can support them to make a difference in their lives. I then leave work, get home and spend the evenings by myself and don't invest in myself, I am trying though :)

Whatever road you take do what feels right for you, good luck and let me know if your coming down my road :D

Woo hoo, OH rang a while ago and I made my stand. I told him that no, I won't be losing my holiday... if he chooses to work then that's up to him, but the flights, villa and car are paid for, so if he chooses not to go then I'll go alone :) I've made my stand, I'm a kickass woman :D

Wait for me SarahLou, I'm following you... but my boobies keep blacking my eyes LOL!!!!! ;)

Woo hoo good for you I bet it felt great making a stand.. come on then Red let's drop those pounds.. we are going to be fabulous.. my ball first then your hol :)

Day 2 is almost over, and so far so good :) I've had the headache from hell today and feel really cold, so I guess the Big K is on its way.

I'm feeling much more positive, I'm back on plan, and we're definitely going to Florida :character00180: My OH told the client he couldn't do the time they wanted and they were fine to wait for him to come back from hols. He now flies to Angola 2 days after we get back. I hate him going there because of the safety issues with oil workers, but I'm going to be positive about it and use the time to get back on track.

Time to fill my hot water bottle (can't sleep with cold feet and nobody to warm them on ;)), and then turn in for the night.

G'night all, sleep tight xx

Hi Red, been reading through your last few diary entries to catch up. I'm so glad you made a stand and that you're going on your holiday. You have something to look forward to again. Congrats on your restart. I hope everything is going well for you. Chat soon. x:)

Morning lovelies,

Just a quick catch up as I really should be on my way to work. I've woken up this morning tired (I'd forgotten about the need to get up in the middle ofthe night LOL), but feeling great :D

Have a fantastic Friday xxx

Glad to read you have perked up abit and your holiday has been saved, really pleased for you and thank you for your kind words on my diary.. off we go to slimfinity and beyond :)

Yikes, it's almost the end of day 3, I've made it and I'm feeling great. It's so strange, almost like something has suddenly clicked in my brain. I remember the feeling from the first time I did CD successfully and I love it :)

On Fridays the whole team has bacon butties in the morning, and I buy cakes for the weekly team debrief in the afternoon. Today was no exception, but I stayed strong and sat there with my water. It's only a small achievement, but I'm determined to celebrate the mini victories as well as the big ones.

Anyhow ladies, I just want to say a huge big THANK YOU to everybody who's spurred me on, picked me up when I've been down... and given me a well deserved arse kick at times. Without all of you I'd have given up for good by now:thankyou:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone xxx

All of my office has breakfast butties on a Friday morning too!! The smell was soooo nice this morning but I know the bacon isnt that nice from the catering place so I felt ok haha.
Sounds like you are really on track, its great :D Hope you are doing well x

It must be a Friday thing! in our team meeting there were Millionaries Shortbread in little bite size pieces :eek::eek: I pretended to be really not interested as they went around the table :)

Hi Red, well done on staying strong. You sound really motivated and I'm so pleased for you.
Hope you have an absolutely fantastic weekend. Will catch up soon. x:)

Oh my, what a difference a few days makes. Five days ago I was prepared to give up, had rung my new CDC and cancelled my appointment with her for Thursday... and then with the help of you beautiful Minimins ladies I've found the determination to go on, and I'm so glad I did.

Wednesday was day 1 for me. I weighed myself first thing (I'm not now seeing my CDC til next Thursday for my first official WI) and was 257lb :eek: I've weighed myself today and I'm 249lb :bliss:A whole 8lb gone - what other diet can give that result? I won't now weigh again til Thursday and my official WI... even if the scales don't match mine it doesn't matter, the scales are going down and that's the only thing that does matter. I've also lost a whole point from my BMI, so happy days.

I then went to Meadowhall to pick up a couple of Christmas pressies that I'd ordered online from Hobbs and had delivered to store. I've bought a lovely necklace and a funky scarf for my ex sis-in-law (her brother is a pr!!k, but she's still one of my best friends), and both are absolutely gorgeous. Best of all, they were in the sale online, so the £45 necklace and £40 scarf cost me a total of £20 :D

While I was there I went to Boots and bought some Ketostix. I was so eager to find out if I'm in ketosis that I had to dash to the loo to check there and then LOL... and I am!!!! I treated myself to some lovely Soap and Glory body scrub and face mask, and some Lush bath goodies, so not only will I be slimmer, but I'll also have gorgeous skin and smell fabulous.

The nicest surprise was when I got home. I've had an email from my OH to say that he thinks he'll be home for a weekend at the end of the month :D He can be so infuriating, but also such a sweetheart - he said that I don't have to shop or cook for him, he'll go to M&S and get himself some ready meals rather than tempt me. Of course I won't let him do that, last time he didn't make it home I filled the freezer with everything I'd bought for him, so I don't need to shop for more than the boring stuff and all the meals are frozen in single portions. I do miss him when he's away, probably more than he realises.

All being well, he'll be home 2 weeks from now, and my new mini goal is to lose at least another 7lb by the time he gets here.

I hope everybody else is having a fantastic weekend too xxx

Aww Im so glad you didn't give up!!! I love this forum, I wouldnt have stuck to it either if it wasnt for everyone here :)

OMG Meadowhall!!!!!!! I miss it so much. I used to live in Worksop (dunno if you know where that is, a few miles south of sheffield) so I used to go to Meadowhall allllll the time but now I've moved to Leeds I haven't been for ages :( I am deffo getting Meadowhall withdrawal symptoms haha.

Where abouts in South Yorks do you live? All my family still live round that area :)

Bargain shopping and soap and glory two of my fav things :) by next Thurday your loss will be massive :D:D:D eight pounds all ready, well done you and I am soooo happy you gave it another go. Hope your hubbie does come home :) I went to M&S today as my Mum wanted to start a bit of food shopping, in went the shortbread and cherry brandy choc's.. I just carried the basket :) Don't be lonely hun I live on my own and I'm always around and YOU have helped me x

Hi Felix, yes I know Worksop - I'm in Wickersley, which is more towards Rotherham.

Oh I love Meadowhall too. I'm not a great shopper, my OH loves it more than I do, but I was walking round the shops today looking at all the gorgeous clothes and dreaming about the day I'll walk in and just know that they have my size on the rail :D House of Fraser has got a new beauty hall, so I went in prodding, poking and testing everything. They're also now stocking my fave perfume (my 5st reward is a bottle) and I had to have a huge squirt to remind me of where I'm heading :)

I always find it interesting to watch the reactions of the assistants on the posh makeup counters. Today I was dressed down in a denim skirt, sweater and boots and wearing my specs rather than my contacts. Despite browsing round all the counters, not once was I approached and asked if I wanted help. Yet when more dressed up women came up to the counters they were immediately pounced on by the assistants. It's as if the extra weight renders me invisible - invisible to men (I can't wait til I get a second look again ;)), and invisible to snooty beauty counter assistants (not so bothered about that one LOL).

I've just had a call from my lovely OH, and now have a dilemma. He's asking how the diet is going and wants to know how much I've lost. I don't want to lie to him and say I don't know, but at the same time I don't want to tell him - I want it to be a surprise when he gets home, whenever that might be :D I don't want to say that I want him to see for himself, because that puts pressure on him to say that he can see a difference regardless of whether it's true, so surely a little white lie, and saying that I won't know until my WI won't matter?

Right, I'm off to have a lovely soak in the bath with all my new goodies, slather my hair with conditioner and slap a facepack on. I will be slim, gorgeous and sweet smelling :D

Re: Dear diary... some days just make you smile

Morning, you sound very upbeat again. I think you will be forgiven the white lie - but bless him for asking how it's going. (in fairness, if he is anything like mine, you could tell him anything as he will have forgotten five minutes later!)

Have a good Sunday.

well done on getting back to it. ignore the cows on the beauty counters! in ignoring you they have just shown their own ignorance.

You're so right Leeds, it is ignorance... ignorance to the fact that I would have spent money, and they would have received commission. Ah well, saved me some cash I guess LOL :D

Today has been a quiet day. I was up early to take my little mutt swimming - long story, but she's having hydrotherapy after an op to repair a snapped cruciate, so Sunday mornings are spent at the pool with her.

I came back, sorted her breakfast and then headed off shopping, before coming back to do all my weekend chores. It's amazing, but when when OH is away there seems to be so much less to do, probably because I clean up as I go along whereas he leaves stuff where it falls because he knows that the cleaning fairy (aka me) will tidy up after him ;)

I've managed to get a couple of calls in with Steve today, which is good. Normally we get 10 mins a night at best, which I know is better than some of the ladies get with their hubbies, so anything more than that is a bonus. I'm quite sad though because he rang once just to let me know that he'd be away at the start of December, and would miss the birthday treat I've arranged for him - VIP tickets to see Jools Holland and Alison Moyet (he has a thing about big redheads ;)). I know how much he was looking forward to it, and I'd arranged the champagne reception, posh meal etc etc as his treat, but now he won't be here :(. He's said that I should go with my sis-in-law, but I don't want to - it was "our" night, and I don't want to share it with anybody else. I guess I'll hop over to Ebay in a while and stick the tickets up for sale :sigh:
I'm trying to find the silver lining, and all I can think is that at least I'll be able to keep to my plan of 100% SS to New Year Eve.

I've had some weird cravings today, salt n vinegar kettle chips, and Branston pickle. I've got a very savoury tooth, so I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised, and I'm really missing crunching on something. Luckily I don't have either in the house, so I've settled for chilli soup with loads of Tabasco and a runny nose because I think I put a bit too much in LOL :D

Ooooh Take That on TV... now I could really go for Howard, he'd take my mind off food :drool:

Aww sweetie sorry you've had a disappointment :sigh: Try and think that your holiday will be amazing, not much comfort at the moment I know, I understand that going with someone else is not the same, especially as you went to so much trouble.. your hubby is lucky to have you :D

I've had another craving too since posting earlier.. twiglets!! oh well at least its not coal or soap :)

So your a Howard lady, so am I :) I will see him in the flesh next Summer .. woopie, I must look fab so he spots me along with the other thousands!!! slight dreaming there :D:D:D oh well I can live in hope x

Back