Dear diary, today I ate...

Gonzcg

Seems like today is a good day to start a log of my weight loss journey.

This past week had been a struggle food wise. I just want to eat all the carbs and drink all the beer.

I'm struggling with menu planning and my food feels bland which is why I'm cheating.

So! Today is a new day.

Goals for today
1. Gym for 1 hour
2. Stick to my calorie target
3. Do something that makes me happy
4. Meal plan
5. Start a new book

Not all weight related, but health related.

Ive managed the gym. Completed week 5 of my 10k running plan.

Now to do some work!

Hey! Non diet goals are key! I managed to start a new book and I'm currently catching up on TV so woo tick those off the list!

At the moment 1350 plus half my exercise calories as I try to work out for 1 hour 5 times a week. Although I'm not really shifting much right now, my food game is not going well and I love beer! So need to switch it up next week. How about you? X

Ahh after my own heart! I was so good with my drinking but the last 2 weeks work has been the worst and I just need to chill when I get home.

It's frustrating, I know where I need to improve but I love beer... And so does my husband so if I see him having one I want one too.

I weighed in this morning and down 1lb total loss is 12lbs and 7lbs this year. I have set mini goals which means now I have lost half a stone I can get a hair cut!! (which in itself should take of about 2lbs!) going to book that for next week.

Haven't planned my food today so going to sit down with a cuppa and meal plan for the week and do a food shop later. I might go for a run too I feel I should be a bit active.

I think I need to try that too!

So i didn't have my car yesterday, and we had no food on the boat, and had to visit my dad in the evening so didn't really eat until 9pm! I have been food shopping and today's meals are planned out.

I'd like to go to the gym at some point today, but I'd also like to sit at home, floating on the Thames reading by my fire, that might win.

Husband is out tonight and staying at his mum's i need to get up at 5:00 tomorrow to hit the gym before work so it's probably a good thing he's not home.

He's also go the week off so I have to stay motivated to get up in the morning to workout and not stay in bed for another 2 hours! I managed 5 work outs and have spent over 25 hours at the gym in the last month so a rest weekend is probably due!

Planning a fry up for brunch and hunters chicken for dinner.

Oh dear, having a bit of a junk food day today :/ I'm going to keep tabs on it and not blow the whole day. But lazy Sunday = chocolate and beer.

It should be fine if I keep my food on point for the rest of the week and work out extra hard at the gym.

Im toying with starting bbg I don't think my gym buddies will want to try as theyre men ahaha But as it's only 28 mins long each time I can fit in somewhere.

Oh dear, yesterday was a write off. Today I didn't make the gym as I was hungover. Arghh I'm self sabotaging my efforts.

I know I can pick it up from here though. We might be going out for dinner so I need to pick well and stay away from the beer. I can do this.

I'll be back at the gym tomorrow. My exercise is fine I need to work on my eating and drinking so that is the focus right now.

It was good! This week has not gone to plan! We went to the cinema last night (hacksaw ridge -really good) but because I don't look at how long movies are it was 10 before we got out and I hadn't eaten so I had a McDonald's.

This morning I ate two left over bits of garlic pizza bread from husband's hangover feast yesterday and as he has the week off I didn't get to the gym, because sleep is better.

But I have drawn a line, I can make today work calorie wise. Tomorrow I will be at the gym and I've signed up for a kettlebell class on Friday. I'll go for a walk on my lunch hour and do so bodyweight exercises tonight. It's tricky working out when you live on a boat, there isn't much space!

I will need to find a nice low cal dinner tonight. Toying with the idea of trying slimming world but without the classes.

Sort of back on plan. Gym hasn't happened as much as I'd like as husband is off this week and not good at getting up to drop me off at the gym. I will be back tomorrow and due to try and kettlebell class.

I'm having 2 protein shakes and one meal a day. Today lunch was my meal but I'll switch that to evenings so I can have dinner with hub.

Weigh in on Saturday, not looking forward to it but I only have myself to blame.

My aim is stick to diet until Thursday as next week we're both off on Friday so we enjoy my day and not restrict myself.

Feeling positive, managed 45 mins in the gym yesterday. I have started a 30 day ab challenge at home day one complete.

I'm planning on swapping out breakfast and lunch for protein shakes a) because I have so much powder to use and b) laziness works when it comes to weight loss for me. I don't have to prep or think so it's easy. This also means I'll be able to enjoy my weekend more.

Goals for the week ahead.

Go to the gym 5 times
Complete week 6 of 10k training
3 non drinking days
Try a new recipe
Read everyday
Go to a new gym class

I think I might change my weigh in to a Friday.

Boom! I have been to the gym and got the ingredients for our meal which is a new recipe.

B - shake
S - protein bar
L- shake
D - meatball subs

Burnt 660 calories at the gym, did ab exercises so today is complete.

I am not drinking tonight, not til Thursday. I feel so positive.

I'm going to plan our next 2 dinners and am determined to stay on track til we go away.

I am so ill. I still went to the gym this morning because it's a case of get a lift to the gym or walk 30 mins to the nearest bus stop. I only walked on the treadmill but glad I did it.

I have lost 13lbs in total now, getting there slowly but surely. Drinking is still my downfall, but I have a lot of stuff going on and it's numbing the pain of that.

I have a wedding to attend in April so hopefully I can lose about 10lbs before then.

I'm going to look up a weights regime and incorporate that into my routine. I like the idea of kettlebells too so will try a class next week.

Atleast being ill means I'm not eating!

It's been a while since I updated. My weight is continuing to go down

I haven't been consistent with the gym these past two weeks, but I'm going tomorrow and husband is back at work next week so life should return to normal and I'll be going everyday at 6am I miss it, I love working out.

We went out last night I got very drunk and as a result we slept til 3pm and got a dominoes. But I'm not stressing I enjoyed it and it's probably all I'll eat today.

I had a NSV yesterday and fit into some jeans I bought last year that didn't fit at the time so I shoved in the back of my wardrobe. I'm so pleased. Slight muffin top but I hope in a few weeks that won't be an issue. I have 4 weeks til a wedding and 6 until a family reunion so need to knuckle down and get myself sorted. It's also our wedding anniversary in May and id like to feel confident and dress up if we go out for that.

Any who that's all for now. Just keep doing what you're doing!

I am on such a high right now! Went to the gym with my friend and her hubby and he got us into the (v. Intimidating) free weights area. It was so much fun! I've never really done weights before but when you know what you're doing its such a good workout. My legs are like jelly.

I burnt 1000 cals whilst there wooo and I had bought some beers to have when I got home, as hub is out tonight and not coming home but I don't think I'll have any.

This was exactly what I needed to get my mojo back. I had planned to gym tomorrow but I might need a rest day I'm not sure I'll be able to walk.

Food has been terrible this week, but tomorrow I'm getting back on plan with that too.

It's been a while diary. Ive lost 23lbs so far this year. I can't see it at all so trusting in the scales.

Life is a bit rubbish right now. My marriage is very rocky and I don't know if we'll get through it. Luckily I don't eat when I am sad or stressed so that's one bonus! My easter egg is still sitting on the side infact.

I haven't worked out for a while as I started a new job and just don't feel I have my commute timing right yet. I aim to get back shortly though. I do miss it.

Moving jobs is great for the diet as there is no fast food or any food outlet really near me so I don't get tempted to stay.

I'll be making more of an effort to check in from now on!

Back