Dear Father Christmas..

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Just a bit of fun really, and me being nosey :p What have you all asked Santa for this Christmas?

I know I've gotten a lilac Tresor Paris bracelet from my Mam & Dad, and have dropped hints that if anyone is struggling for a gift for me, I'd love the earrings to match ;)

ladies-tresor-paris-15373-lilac-crystal-fabric-bracelet-1170-p.jpg

tresor-paris-lilac-ball-stud-earrings-10mm-289-p.jpg

I'm at a loss as to what I would like this year!!
I haven't asked for anything and I have no idea what to spend my money on which my mum and in law gives me. Maybe some new boots - boots are always such an expense and I hate shelling out a lot of money for them!!!

The bracelet is very pretty - I like those :)

The bracelet & earrings are lovely.

I don't know what I want this year, me & OH are just giving each other stockings like usual without a 'main' pressie & we're saving the money for a holiday Sept/Oct next year.

Or if I can pursuade him back to Florida in December for a bit of winter sun:D

My sister will buy me something, I think I'll ask for wine, there really isn't anything I would like & I do like the odd glass of wine:rolleyes:

Hubby is getting me a kindle......and I think I'll get him an Xbox kinect (in the January sales!)

I hope he has realised that the dog needs to get me a present too......:rolleyes:

OH has ordered me the Liz Earl perfume and all my daily essentials last night online which I am very happy about! Also know mum has got me a lovely handbag so I am a lucky girl. Would love a kindle!

I asked my mum for a kettlebell!! Got it early as well so have been using it already!!

Olly Murs? Lol, I have not a clue, I was spoilt with my iPad last year from Mr, and to be honest,I'd be happen to wrap it up and open it all over again,it's been the best thing ever :) considering ill need new clothes and we need the bedroom renovating,anything else seems a waste. X

Im going to be known as the Grinch after all my grumbly Christmas posts. :8855:

I am getting nothing for Christmas. OH and I have to spend what we have on the kids. Never really have bought for each other tbh, because never been in a position to. Just another day, isnt it!

MadameLaMinx said:

I am getting nothing for Christmas. OH and I have to spend what we have on the kids. Never really have bought for each other tbh, because never been in a position to. Just another day, isnt it!

Yes but you get the delight f the kids faces, I miss that now mine are teens x

One year my friend & her OH spent £10 on each other for Christmas, they both got loads of pressies. Could you do something like that????????????

Me & OH always have a stocking each, he puts in things like candles, chocs, dried fruit, bra & knickers (right size:D) toiletries.........................

This year will be the last we'll have as a family as both my children move out beg of Jan:cry: Yep seeing their faces as they open the pressies is priceless.

we're doing stockings, so cheap n cheerful! Socks, Chocs and Jocks! Smellies etc.
Our first christmas I wrote him a cheque for all the love in the world! soppy get!

I'd like some nice jammies with a fleece jacket.
A bottle of L'eau D'Issey (But I won't get that) or a bottle of Flower by Kenzo (I might get this)
Dawn French's book

Yes but you get the delight f the kids faces, I miss that now mine are teens x

Undeniably - but at the same time it would be great to be in the position of being able to treat one another to something a bit special. We never have any spare to do anything with. We dont go out, we dont drink, we dont buy each other anything. To be honest this year has been worse than usual because we have had a long succession of events that cost a lot of money, like my sons 18th and my OHs 40th and my MILs 80th and my cousins wedding. Next year should be a little easier in the short term but then we will be experiencing a significant drop in income mid-year.

One year my friend & her OH spent £10 on each other for Christmas, they both got loads of pressies. Could you do something like that????????????

Me & OH always have a stocking each, he puts in things like candles, chocs, dried fruit, bra & knickers (right size:D) toiletries.........................

This year will be the last we'll have as a family as both my children move out beg of Jan:cry: Yep seeing their faces as they open the pressies is priceless.

I would love to, but we simply cant risk it. Got two big direct debits coming out straight after christmas, the car tax due at the end of the month, we just had to find £40 for new tyres for the car, still got other presents to buy and we need to eat!

Things are that bad that my eldest said he would refuse any gifts from us that came to more than £20 in total. :( We are literally skating through this. Next year, as I said, might be a little easier and I intend to be a bit ahead of the game but this year there was just no room for any preparation in advance.

I think I shall just stay out of the Christmas threads. They make me really sad, and I dont want to be grumping when everyone else is looking forward to it so much.

Sorry :(

MadameLaMinx said:
Undeniably - but at the same time it would be great to be in the position of being able to treat one another to something a bit special. We never have any spare to do anything with. We dont go out, we dont drink, we dont buy each other anything. To be honest this year has been worse than usual because we have had a long succession of events that cost a lot of money, like my sons 18th and my OHs 40th and my MILs 80th and my cousins wedding. Next year should be a little easier in the short term but then we will be experiencing a significant drop in income mid-year.

I would love to, but we simply cant risk it. Got two big direct debits coming out straight after christmas, the car tax due at the end of the month, we just had to find £40 for new tyres for the car, still got other presents to buy and we need to eat!

Things are that bad that my eldest said he would refuse any gifts from us that came to more than £20 in total. :( We are literally skating through this. Next year, as I said, might be a little easier and I intend to be a bit ahead of the game but this year there was just no room for any preparation in advance.

I think I shall just stay out of the Christmas threads. They make me really sad, and I dont want to be grumping when everyone else is looking forward to it so much.

Sorry :(

You're not n your own scrimping ;) we have it rough here at the moment too x

It's lovely reading all of your Christmas wishes. I'm really late at feeling festive this year - usually come first of December I'm singing Christmas Carols and wanting to put the decorations up. But now, I think I'm finally there :D

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and New Year, you lovely lovely people xxx

I would like some will power please asseem to be running out of that along with my perfume ;)

If we order enough do we get it at cost price lol !!!:D I am with you on that one. I would like it by the bucket load.

We too are another couple in desperate straits but are doing a 5euro limit just to have something to open on Christmas morning, silly isn't it because we have the best gift of all ...each other.

You're not n your own scrimping ;) we have it rough here at the moment too x

I think a lot of us are but we all handle it different ways.

It must be very, very hard being in this position when you have kids . It must be such a worry trying to make sure that they have a "proper" Christmas. For proper read what kids want there Christmas to be.

Regardless of our own personal situation I am so happy reading this thread and seeing the diversity of the gifts requested and bought.

Have the best Christmas possible friends,

:33::26::23:

I am not wanting anything for myself, but....

Dear Father Christmas, can you please arrange some clothes for them ladies on daddy's computer please?:eek:

:eek::eek:

Well me and the OH write a list of the things that we want, and we both choose just one thing from the list to get each other, so that we know it is something that they are wanting but its still a bit of a surprise. This year, im really really really hoping that the OH chooses the disaster designs purse. Iv dropped loads of hints, and put stars and circles around it, lol. This is it:

$(KGrHqIOKjgE6O+gKl4EBOpKm7kVU!~~60_3.JPG

I proper love it!! lol x

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE and all the best for 2012 xx xx

Back