Dear (LLL) diary....

motherof2

Well, here I am, writing a diary for yet another diet! I started off at SW after losing 2.5 stone there before getting pregnant and putting most of it back on again. I did go back, but I found the classes difficult to get to, so I ended up dragging the children there, weighing in then dashing off again to put them to bed. So I did my own version of a low calorie diet last year and lost 1 stone, then I read Zoe Harcombe’ s book and followed her diet and lost another stone very quickly. However, I then started sugar and carb bingeing, causing me to yo yo. Anyway, after lots of thought I decided to go to Lighter life. The counselling really appealed to me. I realised I cannot do this myself! I popped along for my free ½ hour information session and 2 hours later!! I decided to join up.

Day 1 and 2 went well. The food packs were not as bad as I thought they would be. I felt tired, but after my food packs I had the energy I needed to cope with the day. Day 3 however, was a horrible day! I felt really tired, grumpy and hungry. It is day 4 today. I feel tired, but not as tired as yesterday. I feel grumpy though.. really argumentative and angry, for no good reason other than I am not able to eat chocolate or biscuits! I hate my husband for eating in front of me. I never realised the noise he makes. I don’t hthink he can wait until he can go to work tomorrow! I have half term to get through all next week. My poor children!

Really struggling today... :cry:

What you're feeling is what we've all been thro' so you're not alone! Just try and focus on that first weigh in and it will be so worth it
You'll find that the bad temper is withdrawl from all that was bad for you, sugar, additives, caffeine etc. but it doen't last long. The husband issue I can sympathise with! If you don't have a lot to lose why not try Lite?
Keep it up it will be worth it in the end - think what a yummy muumy you'll be for the summer!

I agree the grumpiness will pass once you get into ketosis, as will any hunger pangs you may be having. Could you keep yourself busy and out of the way when your husband is eating? At least in the short term? I am on day 6 now and feel great, full of energy and bizarrely happy. Stick with it and your mood will improve x x

Welcome mother of 2 !!! good luck on ur journey x

Hi, what you are feeling is what a lot of people go through in the beginning. Both Silkybaby & Littlesquidger talk sense.

Stick with it, you will find so much inspiration and support in this forum. It's great!

I noticed you have an Easter challenge, why not check out the thread started a week or so ago now and add yourself to it, if you havent already.

Good luck for your first WI. x

Thanks everyone! What great support!! I am doing lite.. I have spent most of today either reading posts on here or nurturing my casserole which I plan on eating tonight (and tomorrow!) whilst watching Jamie cooking some gorgeous foods on the tv. My husband has taken the children out so I can have some time to myself. He really is quite supportive and enjoys the food I have been cooking since being on LLL. At the moment he only has to look at me or breathe loudly and I hate him!! I know it is me... he is lovely really.:)

Welcome aboard! :)
You're in great company of wondeful and supportive people who have been through exactly the same as you :)
Good luck and I am looking forward to reading your diary.

Lol!!!!! Ahhh your diary made me giggle!!!! The first time I did LL I turned into a feeder, I'd cook all the time and then get really pee'd off if the kids or my husband didn't eat it all, I'd be constantly asking if it was nice....annoying!!! This time around I've started to analyse the way people eat and the noises they make are vile!!!! I have to walk out the room! Just before I rip someones head off! So I'm with you on that, I hope I'm not planting a seed but the speed of people eating along with the noise is seriously bugging me this week!!!! I can only describe my son as eating 'violently' I must be sooooo jealous lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Aw I do feel for some of you ladies, I guess I am in a slighlty different place, my children are now adults and look after themselves and I am on my own, so dont have to worry about cooking. I also spend a lot of time away from home so even when they do cook/eat I am not around to worry about it. On the odd occasion I have been home they tend to keep the food away from me. It must be so hard though I do feel for you.

xx

Hi and welcome motherof2... You've picked the right diet to succeed, and the right forum for support... :D

/Oh, and Lisa! Another feeder here!
smiley-greet024.gif

When my b/f eats, I make him describe in great detail, every taste and texture! I also demand he eats certain things which I'm craving! He does oblige, but has gained a few lbs recently... oops! ;) hehe...

Thanks everyone for your support.

Day 5 today and even though I was up most of last night with a poorly little girl, I have much more energy! I woke up hungry, but the food packs now fill me up. Last night for my meal I couldn’t actually finish it even though I felt really hungry beforehand. My stomach must be shrinking.

I am spacing my food packs out better now. I started off my having one for breakfast (8.30ish), another for lunch (12.30ish) and saving one encase I get hungry after my food meal at about 7pm. However, I found myself hungry and grumpy around 4pm, and quite often forcing myself to eat another food pack before bed just to get them all in. Now, I know that my food meal is enough to keep me going and I won’t be hungry going to bed.

This first week is dragging!

Sounds like things are on the up now motherof2? It's only 2 days until your weigh in and that should spur you on. Have you been weighing at home or are you waiting until your group?

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, yes it is my wi tomorrow. It is just a pop in as it is half term and I will have the children with me. A shame as I feel I could do with a group session to get me through another week. However, luckily for me I have found such great support from you guys! Plus, I still have lots more reading to do with the books my consultant gave me in my first week.

I have weighed myself and looks like I have lost just over 2lbs :cry:!!! I am really hoping that her scales show more. But I am taking the view that it is 2lbs less than last week and if I stick with it I will get there in the end! There is no point in giving up just because I am losing slowly...what is the alternative? Eating crap to drown my sorrows and end up 2 stone heavier (been there done that..it just doesn’t make sense!)

I am now going to spend the day planning which food packs to get tomorrow..

Good luck tomorrow motherof2, I only started sunday so its fab to see everyones diary, the results are amazing and its fab to know I have an excuse if im grumpy today lol, to be honest apart from a mushy head ive been ok but it is only start of day 3, anyway good luck with weigh in and I look forward to read how your weights falling off x karen.

Hi, I wouldnt recommend weighing yourself, stick to the LLC scales as they will have been recalibarated(sure I spelt that wrong)

I think sometimes the weightloss is in relation to how much you want to lose and as your on LLL it suggests you dont have much to get to where you want to be. Therefore your loss might be slower in comparison to some of us who are on LLT as we have a substantial amount to go. Even then though the losses can be slow and steady. Either way like you say a loss is a loss, let us know how you get on tomorrow. xx

Thanks guys.. Just set up my ticker in preparation for first WI tomorrow. I hope to lose nearly 2 stone, it would be great to be in the healthy BMI range. I don’t want to get so low that when I start introducing more food meals, I put a lot back on. It needs to be achievable. (Plus the less you weigh, the less calories you need to consume to maintain!) I love my food.. that said I haven’t attended the group session yet. I have high hopes.

I have turned into a feeder type person; I baked frozen croissants for my children for lunch today. They smelled just wonderful! I had to busy myself in the other room whilst they ate them. My children are very active, skinny little things I need to make sure they have enough calories as they don’t have big appetites.

Another thing I have done today is book a professional photographer session. I have tonnes of photos of my children and my husband, but none of me and the children. I am always the person behind the camera. So, I have just shelled out a mini fortune. It won’t be until the summer as I want outside photos, so plenty of time and more incentive to lose the extra weight.

I have chosen my food packs too. It is not nice when you get to the end of the week and the choice of food packs are limited. Does anyone plan out their days in advance? Or do you just grab anything you fancy that meal time? I would like to make sure I get savoury foods for my lunch meal (I tend to have my evening meal as my food meal). It is nice to get a variety of tastes.. the shakes are doing nothing for my sweet tooth. However it is not nice being left with the savoury foods on your last day because you have eaten all the nice ones first! :sigh:

Hi, thats a brilliant idea about the photo session, hmmm might give that some thought actually. I would love some pictures of me and my daughter with our horses outside in the bluebell wood!

I plan my meals out becuase I work away from home alot, although I have now decided I dont like the savoury or the bars, so its shakes all the way now for me. I just split my selection between Banana, Strawberry & Vanilla.

I have my weigh in tonight so best get my skates on and do my selcetions lol xx

I plan my packs out day by day for the forthcoming week and make a little list, before I go to my WI. Then when I get back, I use 7 of those red rubber bands that are always around the post, and divide them up into 7 bundles! Otherwise I can get confused if I've had my daily quota or not! It's happened a couple of times in the past! Not good! ;)

xx

Back