Debs diary.... Now trying to maintain!!

debjk

I do fill out the diary on the slimming world site but thought I would give this a go hoping you can edit through the day or I will forget what I have eaten!!

Fri 09 april GREEN
got into a pair of jeans this morning that I bought 7 years ago!! have a 5 year old and the last time I wore them was about 6 months before I got pregnant they are a bit tight but I was well chuffed :D

1st thing
1 banana
handful of grapes
glass of water
then off for couch to 5k training (doing the race for life june and set myself a target to run it!)
breakfast
2 egg omlette with mushrooms
baked beans
snack
pear
Lunch
huge plate of salad
1 potato worth of wedges
42g reduced fat cheddar HeA
tbsp asda extra light mayo 1 syn
1 alpen light bar HeB
Snack
Piece of scan bran cake 3 syns
Vanilla muller
Dinner
quorn sausage
quorn burger 1/2 syn
sw chips
salad
ketchup 1syn
tesco healthy living roll HeB
Eve snack
1 Alpen light bar HeB
curly wurly 6 syn

total syns today 11.5

thoughout the day
4/5 cups of tea using milk from HeA
2/3 cups black coffee
4/5 glasses water
1 can diet cherry coke

Last edited:
Sat 10 April EE

1st thing
Banana
Breakfast
all bran HeB with semi from HeA
Snack
Pear
scan bran cake sm piece 2 syns
Lunch
Full plate salad
small jacket spud
half packet bernard matthews tikka chunks
tbsp asda ex light mayo 1 syn
Snack
Banana
Pear

Dinner
Chicken Jalfrezi (recipe on here)
Rice
3 Onion Bhaji 3 syns (recipe on here)
Choc mint mouse made with options/fromage fais/ egg white/gelatin 2 syns worth
Snack
Weetabix oaty bar 3.5 syns

Syns for today 11.5

Last edited:
Sunday 11 april Green

1st thing
Banana
then 20 mins 5k training
Breakfast
All Bran HeB semi skim from HeA
small Banana
Snack
Pear

Lunch

mushroom omlette with 2 eggs
Sm jacket spud
baked beans
42g red fat cheddar HeA
bite of scan bran cake didnt like it so binned it 1syn
alpen choc fudge bar 3 syns

Dinner
Chicken HeB
Roast potatoes in frylight
roast sweet pots " "
1 frozen yorkie pud asda smartprice 2 syns
carrots
brocolli
cabbage
sprouts
gravy made with oxo worcester sauce and cornflour 1 syn
choc mint mousse 2 syns

eve snack
Curly wurly 6 syns

15 syns

Last edited:
Monday 12 april GREEN

1st thing
Banana
Breakfast
2 egg omlette with mushrooms
half tin baked beans
Snack
the teenist banana I have ever had lol
Lunch
Mugshot
pear
Snack
1 Alpen light bar HeB
clementine
Dinner
Chicken pasta bake topped with cheese HeB + HeA tomato sauce made with all free stuff very tasty mmmmm
choc mint mousse 2 syns
piece of orange and almond cake 2.5 syns
Walls mini choc twister 2 syns OMG i am in love lol
Eve snack
Alpen light bar HeB

Syns total 6.5

Last edited:
Well done on the jeans achievement Hun!!
Im 2 stone lighter than when I got married 3 years ago and thats a big thing for me too, so I know exactly how you feel!

Tues 13 April GREEN
Hmmmm another green day now I used to do just green all the time then a few weeks back when my weight loss slowed my cons said I might need to mix it up a bit trick my body so I started doing couple green couple red and couple ee every week trouble with red days is I find it very difficult not to pick all day meat just doesnt fill me up like a jacket spud or a bowl of pasta :cool: and with EE if I havnt got salad in the house I cant do it cuz I dont have the 1/3 superfree especially at lunch time cuz I just wouldnt cook veg at lunch anyhow if anything it slowed my weight down even more so here I am back to mostly green with the added exercise that I wasnt doing before I can already tell I will have lost this week ... I know I shouldnt but I weigh at home too
Been for my run this morning wearing my new lycra 3/4 length shorts you wouldnt of seen me dead in lyca 6 months ago lol it was all jeans and long tops that hide your bum !!

1st thing
Banana
20 mins of 5k training
Breakfast
mushroom omlette with 2 eggs
beans
Snack
Pear
Lunch
Leftover chicken pasta bake (chicken HeB)
cheese thrown over the top HeA
Snack
piece of that orange and almond cake again! 2.5 syns
Dinner
Pork HeB cooked in tomatoes onion garlic and herb
mashed potato using milk from HeA
cabbage
peas
mini choc twister 2 syns
Eve snack
Alpen light 3 syns

Syns today 10.5

Last edited:
wi today and really hoping to get my 2 stone sticker :) been looking through my book and since 23 Dec I have only lost 4.5lbs quite depressing really because before christmas I was losing average 6lb a month I know its because I gained over christmas and my holiday but still the rest of the time I am 100% hopefully this added exercise is the boost I needed.

Weds 14 april GREEN

Breakfast
Sm Banana
all bran HeB with Semi from HeA
Snack
Shape 0% yogurt
small banana
Lunch
2 frylight fried eggs
Sw chips
Beans
Snack
Pear
Dinner
Back from WI and disapointed again with another half pound loss now normally I wouldnt be but I keep losing half and 1 then putting it back on what am I doing wrong grrrrrrrr
Pizza made with asda wholemeal pitta HeB
low fat cheese HeA
passata, oregano, and garlic
mini choc twister ice lolly 2 syns
hifi bar 6 syns

Syns so far 13

Last edited:
I know this might sound a silly suggestion, but try cutting back on some of the sweet foods you eat each day by not making cakes albeit scan bran ones. having very high glycaemic foods can affect the way the body's metabolism functions. Also on a practical note when cutting slices of food it is oh so easy to guestimate the syn values. sometimes it may be necessary to once in a while measure out your uncooked pasta (100gms max) rice (60gms) potatoes (200gms) etc just to make sure you are not eating portions suited to a much bigger person. I have found it useful inputting my food into myfitnesspal.com as it gives you a good breakdown of the nutritional content of your food. I was undereating on protein but eating way too many calories by the amount of free food I was eating. It would be interesting to see if are consuming enough good quality fibre which often has a slow GI. Hope this helps rather than confuses xx

Cake is my only pleasure but I will try cut it to one peice a day lol I have never been a crisps or takeaway person in fact when not on a diet I never have crisps and rarely takeaway. I make the cakes so that I dont completely deprive myself I think without them I would end up cheating and eating the real cakes that I make for the kids. Also if I didnt use my syns on sweet stuff I dont think I would use them at all maybe 1 or 2 a day and are we not told to make sure we utilise them :confused:
I almost always weigh my Hex but not the free food but then thats why I joined slimming world because with ww every thing is weighed and restrictive and with so many restrictions I fail and cheat, maybe I should do more red days :confused: that way the carbs are controlled

ok so today a red day eeek need to go shopping cuz cant cope with a red day without loads of salad!

1st thing
Banana
c25k training
Breakfast
42g (weighed;)) all Bran HeB with Milk from HeA I never use all my milk so dont measure I used to measure it but found every day I had half left then was drinking it for the sake of it so stopped measuring I prob use about 150ml of semi a day sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less
Snack
pear
shape 0% yogurt
few peices of apple
Lunch
tesco bbq chicken chunks 1/2 syn
whole plate of salad
home made colslaw using fat free yog and 1 tbsp of ex light mayo 1 syn YUUUEEEK!! didnt like the coleslaw so binned it will still leave the syns as they are tho cuz I did have one mouthful
Alpen light 3 syns
Snacks
small banana
really struggling why is it I just want to eat and eat on a red day dont think i am starving or anything I just want food!!
few slices cooked chicken
piece of orange almond cake 2.5 syns
Dinner
Hunters chicken
mushrooms
227g of wedges HeB
42g red fat cheese HeA
salad
piece of melon

7 syns

Last edited:
really didnt enjoy my red day yesterday so going to try a full week of EE ive only ever really done the odd day I tend to only snack on syns and fruit anyway with the odd yogurt so it probably makes sense to try

so here goes
Friday 16th EE
1st thing
Banana
Late breakfast/early lunch 11am
2 poached eggs done in my new poach pods
1 slice of ww wm bread Part of HeB
2 lean bacon
mushrooms
half tin of tomatoes
shape 0% yogurt
Snack
Slice of Banana cake 2 syns
1 slice of ww wm bread 2nd part of HeB
small banana sliced on top and tsp of golden syrup drizzled over the top will count as 1 syn cuz a tbsp is 2
pear
Dinner
steak fried in frylight with pepper and garlic
sw chips
salad 1/3 of plate
mini choc twister 2syns

Eve snack
Banana cake with a tsp of jam 3syns
alpen light bar 3syns

syns so far 11

Last edited:
Have you had a look at the other diaries on here Hun? I do a lot more Red Days and there may be some things on the other diaries that you like to add a bit of variety?
If you are doing this much exercise, are you drinking enough water? You may find that as you are building muscle, your body will hold on to water to...it does even out, but to go from very little/ no exercise to as much as you have done, this may be a reason for your little gains...dont forget, you are loosing inches!

Just find that I get really hungry on a red day I enjoy the meals dont get me wrong and I have done red days in the past just so I can have a certain meal its just during the day I find myself opening up the cupboards and fridge thinking I am starving when I dont think I actally am iykwim I am probably just craving carbs and snacking on a bit of meat just doesnt seem to stop it. I end up having a Banana which is ok but I can go a bit mad on Bananas so have tried to cut them down to 1 or 2 a day have been known to have 4 or 5 :eek: in the past. I find on days that I have a good lunch containing meat carbs and salad I dont get so hungry so maybe EE is the way I need to go

Possibly the exercise I do try and drink water throughout the day at least 4 glasses sometimes 6 depends if I remember so its possibly the exercise I am going to stop focusing on the weight and focus on getting to a size 10-12 doesnt matter what I weigh... I mean if I was 15 stone and a size 10 I wouldnt care lol (not that it would ever happen) so my target was 10 stone but I want to be wearing a size 10-12 and if I get there without getting to 10 stone I will be happy :)

Last edited:
have the inlaws coming today so means we will probably end up going for a drink going to stick with it tho ..... hopefully

Sat 17th april EE
1st thing
Banana
c25k training
Breakfast
2 ww wm bread HeB
2 poached eggs
Lunch
Plate of salad
chicken
mugshot
1tbsp ex light mayo 1syn
snack
banana
been to a pub garden but only had diet coke (polishes halo)
Dinner
chicken curry using a recipe on here wasnt impressed :( but starving so ate it
rice
piece of banana cake 2 syns
eve
banana
2 double vodkas and diet coke in the pub stopped at 2 drinks then had diet coke (polishes already glowing halo lol)10 syns

syns 13

Last edited:
Sunday 18th April EE

1st thing
Banana
Brunch
2 poached eggs
2 bacon
half tin tomatoes
mushrooms
2 slices ww wm bread HeB
shape 0% yog
Snack
piece of banana cake with jam 2.5 syns
Dinner
roast pork
Roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes in frylight garlic and rosemary
carrots
brocolli
cauliflower
gravy homemade no fat 1syn
Kellogs fibre plus bar 6 syns
eve
banana cake 2 syns

syns 11.5

Last edited:
Monday 19th april EE

1st thing
Banana
Breakfast
42g all bran semi from HeA
Snack
Banana
Lunch
Bernard matthews tikka chunks
Salad with tbsp ex light mayo 1syn
mugshot
shape 0% yog
Snack
Alpen light 3 syns
Dinner
Beef stir fry with noodles chilli garlic ginger soy sauce passata mushrooms carrot cabbage beansprouts onions
Eve
banana (oops 3rd one today)
Kellogs fibre plus bar 6 syns

had a bit of a rushed day and planned to have my lunch items together as a meal but walking back from asda it was nearly 2pm and I was starving so I opened up the turkey tikka and ate it on the way home when I got back I had the salad then the mugshot not sure if it counts as getting my 1/3 superfree as I didnt eat it all together lol

Syns today 10

Last edited:
Tuesday 20th EE

1st thing

Banana
Breakfast
2 ww wm bread Heb
2 poached eggs
half tin baked beans
mushrooms
felt a bit sick after breakfast today :(
Lunch
Half pack bernard mattews tikka chunks
Salad
sw chips
1tbsp Ex light mayo 1syn
shape 0% yog
Snack
Alpen light bar 3syns
Dinner
Jacket potato
salad
chicken slices
42g low cheese HeA
shape 0% yog
apple
snack
4 * coughs 1syn choc and strawberry fairy cakes
125mls semi in 5 teas 3syns???

11 syns

Last edited:
Good morning
Weigh in today
I thought the begining of the week I was going to have a good loss but now not so sure

weds 21st April EE

1st thing
Banana
c25k training
Breakfast
poached egg
1 ww wm bread Part of HeB
half tin baked beans
mushrooms
Snack
Apple
pear
Lunch
pasta with mushrooms passata bacon and worcester sauce few baked beans mmmm was lovely
Shape 0% yog
2 1syn choc strawberry cakes
snack
weetabix oaty bar 3.5 syns
Weigh in
half a pound loss
Dinner
pork chop (fat removed)
mash potato dash milk from HeA
sprouts
green beans
brocolli
gravy 2 syns
alpen bar 3syns
2 1syn choc and strawb cakes

snack ooops
time out 4.5 syns

syns 18

Last edited:
well last night was fun got phoned at at 5 pm to tell us out meeting was not on our cons handed her notice in 6 weeks ago and slimming world have failed to get anyone to do it so off we went to another group got weighed and stayed for the meeting managed to lose half a pound cons suggested I filled out and S.A.S log so I am trying that this week although I do write everything down anyway .... I suppose its to point out to yourself how often you are eating for the sake of it.

anyhow new group new start
Thurs 22nd EE

1st thing
Banana
Breakfast
42g bran flakes HeB with semi from HeB
sliced strawberries
Snack
apple
choc strawb cake1syn
Lunch
rice with mushrooms and syn free bbq sauce
sliced chicken
salad
1 tbsp ex light mayo 1syn
shape 0% yogurt
Snack
Banana
alpen bar 3 syns
Dinner
Beef stew with potatoes carrots onions parsnips lentils tomatoes chili garlic paprika herbs
bowl of fresh strawberries
shape 0%
time out finget 4.5 syns

syns so far 9.5

Last edited:
Fri the 23rd April EE

1st thing
Banana
c25k training
Breakfast
2 poached eggs
baked beans
mushrooms and tomatoes fried in frylight
lunch
last nights leftover stew tasted even nicer 2nd time around :)
Snack
apple
alpen bar 3syns
Dinner
Home made Kfc using wm bread HeB
Sw chips
Salad
ex light mayo 1syn
eve snack
Time out finger 4.5 syns
weetabix oaty bar 3.5 syns

syns so far 12