Decision made....

l0v3child

Silver Member
So im starting this thread for me, and anyone else that would like to join. I felt i needed a personal thread so i can track myself and read back and stay on top of myself.

Ive made a decision that its time to kick the booze into touch. I keep saying i havent got a problem, i drink more than others and less than others, but its my behaviour and actions that worry me after a drink, not the actual drink, so maybe that means i do have a problem. I certainly have a problem with throwing my limit out of the window and just carrying on when on nights out. At home i drink probably 4 nights out of 7, and dont tend to go to over the top, especially now im following sw.
I turn into a different person on drink, im a vile nasty cut throat gobby cow who stamps all over everything thats good, i mean, i get totally out of control and dont care, and sometimes forget what ive even done or said 5 minutes ago, i go flakey and inconsistant. Usually im a calm, go with the flow, articulate, in control, passionate about things that matter, patient person. I also work with children in a school in the same town i live in. I wouldnt have a clue if i had bumped into parents in a state or not some of the time.
Basically - ive frightened myself to death.
So, as not to waffle on and on, ive decided the lovely life, friends, my gorgeous family and my house are to bigger price to pay for a goddam beverage!!
At the moment i just dont trust myself. So im pledging to give up alcohol, and im doing it here where everyone can see. Instead of a 'honk' im going to update with a 'ding' everyday.

Yesterday - DING!

Ding for today!

Hooray, company! Lol. I to was a rather massive drinker before SW, and still am when i go out, i use flexi-syn to my actual disadvantage!
Its time for a change, ive changed my eating habits, so i can change my drinking habits!
You've done so well, well done you! I did find it hard not to pour a glass of wine at every given oppertunity when i first started SW, but im out of that habit now. Glad someone is keeping an eye on me :rolleyes:

Ive just had my soup and had 9 syns worth of stuffing balls, so yummy! Really reccommend it! x

Deal :)

And for the record - ding!

Good lord praise be! I somehow managed to lose 1.5lbs this week! 2.5lbs to go until i can say ive lost a whole stone :O super sw halo needs to be on this week in case the weekend drinkage catches up with me! Dont think i'll do 2.5lbs, only ever done that once but hoping by middle of october i'll be there :)

Faaaaaaabulous! 1 1/2 stone already! Woo. Know what you mean about closure...i got closure on reaching 12.7lbs today FINALLY...now for the stone award! Then club 10 then 11.7lbs...and so on lol. 11st is my main big intrim target then im going from there.
Yes indeed, head down and concentrate. Going to see calendar girls tomorrow night and having nandos first but have worked out what im eating already and its diet coke all the way :)

*clears throat*

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Ding! Been to see calendar girls which was ace and had a star cast...got well starstruck over bodybag from bad girls! Lol. Also nearly got run over by marlene from only fools and horses afterwards ha! Had a brilliant night and a brilliant laugh and a low syn nandos ...and no booze!! I need to read this before my next social engagement :) and a small note to myself - bun toucher. That is all! Lol.

jezzi999 said:
Woooo

Go l0v3child, go l0v3child, go l0v3child!

Tee heeeee :)

Ding a ling a ling! :)

Planning a green day tomorrow i think, as its friday and im not doing the usual 'oooo lets have a drink just coz its friday' i fancy a couple of extra hexs. Planning pitta bread pizza and bns chips with salad for tea, and a huge full size hifi bar with a hot choc :) oooo, and i have dr pepper zero for something different. Reckon im all set!

Planning a green day tomorrow i think, as its friday and im not doing the usual 'oooo lets have a drink just coz its friday' i fancy a couple of extra hexs. Planning pitta bread pizza and bns chips with salad for tea, and a huge full size hifi bar with a hot choc :) oooo, and i have dr pepper zero for something different. Reckon im all set!
That sounds great, but wondered what bns chips are?, Lol @ the "huge full size hi-fi bar" too, I had my first one at SW this week, it was quite tasty though, and small cetainly, but bigger than a depressing fun size something!

Lol, i usually buy hifi lights because then i can have 2, in my brain it seems indulgent, ha. But got big ones this week so they seem massive! Bns = butternut squash :)

Well im all tucked up in bed, so ding!
My green day turned into an ee day because i was so tired i ended up microwaving lastnights spag bol and added some extra superfree and cheese....it was nearly a 20syn kebab though!! Also boyf returned home with a lovely bottle of red and got 2 glasses out, i had enough syns left for a small one but he was so tired he didnt end up touching it which im so pleased about because it was a dilemma for a minute that i might of caved and ended up with half a bottle inside me! We're out tomorrow night with friends and ours kids, we're going up to a town with special events going on and catching the train, my friend will be drinking when we enter the pub at some point...normally id have a port and brandy because its all mainly outside and i love one to warm up. Hmmmmm...!! X

jezzi999 said:
Well done with getting through last night without either the kebab or the wine. It's a big achievement!

Hope today goes well for you, do you have a strategy?

(finally got my 1 1/2st by the way, so regained my sanity at least until I get obsessed by the next goal!)

Hooorrrraaah!! Well done sweetpea, excellent news! Haha, enjoy this goal first for say....an hour, then get obsessed by next one :p
I *think* i have a strategy. Im going to drive to the train station! Its about a 15minuite walk down the hill into main town which can be done no probs, however we're catching 9.38 train back so it'll be late and having the car will be nice :)
Thank ya for the encourgment :D

Defo cant have a port and brandy! Lol! I dont drink at all if im going to drive, i dont disagree with people staying within the limit and having a drink, but ive been in a drink drive accident (i wasnt driving) and it was horrific! So having the car is a guranteed way of staying on track :) also the thought of making my 8yr old walk up the hill at 10pm, lol!

Well, had a lovely night! :) i resisted hot roast pork and stuffing cobs, fish and chips, ice cream and booze! And had a great time!
Home now to get settled....that red wine is out though...

Dong for yesterday! :/ I poured 3 syns worth of red wine out...drank about 1 syns worth and fell asleep! Ha.
Why i decided to have wine - i fancied it, it was there, i talked myself into a very small amount, i love the taste, boyf was also drinking, i felt relaxed.
Cons to drinking the wine (the mouthful, lol) - ive already given in and its only been a week!
Strategy - go back to what i was doing, set myself mini targets to reach so that it starts to become habit to not drink as much, if i plan to drink, plan it well!!

jezzi999 said:
Youve still done really well :) its great that you are reflecting and working out what to do next, I think that's the key to staying on track.

I'm on away day today, at an expo at the NEC in Birmingham, food at the event is terrible but found a wetherspoons nearby so sticking to plan. That wouldve been a killer to me before - a free pass to binge as I'm here on my own and no one would see me so it "wouldn't count". But i'd only be kidding myself, and those days are hopefully over. :)

I must admit, i dont feel terrible because i made decisions and looked back at it, instead of it all being just 'done' if you know what i mean.

Well done you on planning ahead! Thats so fantastic that youve recognised the binge possibilties and decided against them, well done! It would have been so easy to say stuff it or tried to work your way around the buffet unsuccessfully. Thats something to be very proud of. ...i do hope youre not going for a 'deep fried jacket potato' at spoons, hahahahaaa! :p
Ive just been reading your Crisis blog entries and theyre so interesting, not something everybody could do, and so selfless. The stories of how people end up on the streets really are amazing and so sad, it really could happen to anyone. ...makes me want to win the lottery and pay the mortgage off immediatly!!! Ha.x

Oooooo, looks tasty!! Decent amount of salad to, we have a Yates in town and its never heard of anything remotely superfree, lol!
Awh, what a lovely thing and a great mindset to have :) warm fuzzy feeling! X

Back