*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

I'm sure Alpen Lights are only 3 syns - just thought of save you half :p

Ok, so I've done wi and I'm back up to 368lbs. I'm ok with this because I know how off plan I was when my cousin was over and at least me having been on plan since Monday has done a bit of damage limitation. So I've set myself a goal, I want to lose a stone again, and then I'll keep setting my goals at stones and then when the weight loss slows down, I'll set it at half a stone.

Update on our family madness :giggle: my aunty (the one who didn't come to dad's funeral) has been saying that she isn't going to come on sunday (I honestly think it's because her sisters will be there and how they have been with her, but she's at fault too), so I got in touch with my uncle and asked for her mobile number and he phoned me within half an hour. We had a good chat on the phone and agreed that we can't force them to make up, but that it all needs sorting because later down the line they're going to regret it. So he's been in touch with my aunty and asked if he can give her my number, I think she's said no as he hasn't been back in touch, but he's given her my number for when/if she's ready.

I've been really bad and gone on google street map and found her address (she's still in the same house as no one has told me about her moving), and then gone onto royal mail postcode finder to get her postcode. I'm really tempted to write her a letter, just explaining how us in Wales aren't holding a grudge and that I really want to get in touch and try and sort things out. Is that going too far? I'm just thinking that although my uncle passed on my message, maybe if she saw my actual words and my actual handwriting it would be different?

I have a lot to be thankful to this woman for. Yes I know I was a free babysitting service at times, but I don't care. She took me on my first proper sun holiday abroad (we went to tunisia for a fortnight). She got me a summer job so that I could buy things for when I started uni. She always bothered with us kids when we were growing up. And most importantly to me, as far as I'm aware she made sure that she visited my dad at least once a year.

Ok, food plan for today ...

Breakfast - peach and apple slices
Snack - yoghurt
Lunch - egg mayonnaise (5 syns for the mayo), ham, tomato and cucumber
Snack - yoghurt, strawberries and nectarine
Dinner - mushrooms, bacon and beans
Snack - puffed wheat and milk (hexa and hexb), mini hob nobs (6 syns)

I can't advise on the family stuff. Just go with your heart x

As for food - its not much free food to keep you full up. Will you be ok with it? Oh. Is it a red day???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not a red day, but I haven't got much stuff in and don't want to be dragging Chris to the shops when we're going away tomorrow. I'll bump up the fruit a bit more for today and snack on that :D

Hi em! Sorry its been so long i've been a bit AWOL! Sounds like a bit of a difficult situation you're going through at the moment, with regards to the Aunt situation, it is only something that you can decide, I think that if she isn't yet willing to make contact via the phone then she is probably going to ignore the letter. However if it would make you feel better to take a step further and try and outline some things that can't be said on the phone at the mo then go for it, you never know, it may spur her into contacting you but you musn't be disappointed if she doesn't!

I think you are doing fabulously with the food planning recently, make sure you do fill up on lots of free food to keep you full, but its so good to see you back and super motivated!

P.S. I have a new link to my new diary in my signature, if its of interest to you

Katie xxx

Another off plan weekend for me, but good off plan if that makes sense? I ate too much, but it was fruit, yoghurt and salad that I over indulged on as my meals centred around that.

I feel really awful today, am on a bit of a downer, several things hitting home all at once. I just need a couple of days to process things and then I'll be back to it xxx

Hope you had a good weekend and it all went well with the family. It is good you have fruits and salad a lot. It is good for you. Have a lovely day and hope everything sorts itself out soon. xx

hello Em, i hope everything sorts itself out for you and you start feeling better. Well done on having salad and fruits, just shows maybe your body is telling you what it needs and you're giving it. xx

Hello lovely Emily. Just popping in to let you know I am thinking of you, and that I hope you have managed to get your head around everything that is going on at the moment. Catch up with you soon, when you are feeling up to coming back. Big hugs xxx

So, in short this is what's been happening

1. My aunty has lied to my uncle about trying to get in touch. She told him that she tried to phone me (but no missed calls on my phone). So I honestly think she has no intention of getting in touch.
  2. My great uncle barely said a word to me at the waterfall, practically ignored me even when I got upset
  3. Chris mum has been dropping hints about grandchildren, saying not to leave it too long as she wants to enjoy it
  4. My darling cousin got in touch, but only to ask if she could borrow a train card and how much Chris' parents charge for their caravan
  5. And to top it all off, the past 3 days it all got a bit much and I did some comfort eating, it hasn't made me feel better - in fact a hell of a lot worse :sigh:

I need to get my head in gear, so the plan for tomorrow is to really, really try my hardest and get back on it 100%.

Food plan ...

Breakfast - apple slices, yoghurt
Snack - 2 alpen light bars (hexb)
Lunch - Not 100% sure yet, thinking maybe egg mayo (5 syns), ham and salad
Dinner - chilli con carne with cheese (hexa)
Snack - hot chocolate (2 syns), yoghurt

EmmyR1984 said:
So, in short this is what's been happening

[*]My aunty has lied to my uncle about trying to get in touch. She told him that she tried to phone me (but no missed calls on my phone). So I honestly think she has no intention of getting in touch.
[*]My great uncle barely said a word to me at the waterfall, practically ignored me even when I got upset
[*]Chris mum has been dropping hints about grandchildren, saying not to leave it too long as she wants to enjoy it
[*]My darling cousin got in touch, but only to ask if she could borrow a train card and how much Chris' parents charge for their caravan
[*]And to top it all off, the past 3 days it all got a bit much and I did some comfort eating, it hasn't made me feel better - in fact a hell of a lot worse :sigh:

I need to get my head in gear, so the plan for tomorrow is to really, really try my hardest and get back on it 100%.

Food plan ...

Breakfast - apple slices, yoghurt
Snack - 2 alpen light bars (hexb)
Lunch - Not 100% sure yet, thinking maybe egg mayo (5 syns), ham and salad
Dinner - chilli con carne with cheese (hexa)
Snack - hot chocolate (2 syns), yoghurt

Oh Emily :(
:bighug:

Family are idiots (I know from bitter experience) so you just concentrate on you and Chris and everyone else can just s0d off! Including your selfish (sorry) cousin!!!

As for food - looks like a good plan except you might want something more substantial for breakfast to stave of hunger demons - even if it's just a banana?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We haven't got any bananas in, but I'll find something extra, even if it's a mini can of baked beans :giggle: Actually I might have bacon with it too and then have the apple with the alpen light bars as a snack to keep me going (I'm going to have to miss the 1/3 superfree for tomorrow morning)

I'm so annoyed with my cousin as she never once asked me how Chris or myself are.

I'm trying to turn the day around somehow so I'm in the middle of ordering a dog bed, some christmas treats and puppy toys for when we get our puppy in december :giggle: I know it's way in advance, but then at least we'll be prepared and will only need to buy a collar, harness and lead. :D

Back