*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

morning everyone :wavey:

I've woken up late this morning as the cats were being complete devils last night and I just couldn't settle. So I'm going to skip lunch I think and have a large-ish breakfast. Going to use my hexb on a roll and fry an egg in fry light, then use my syns on the fibre plus bar later this afternoon, so, syns have changed from 8.5 to 7.5

No desire to eat like a pig at the moment so that has got to be a good thing :8855:

I forgot my positives yesterday :nono: So decided to put today's on while I'm thinking about it

1) my clothes seem to feel a bit loose on me (not sure if it's because I've stretched them, but I still like that they're loose)
2) I have so many inspiring friends on here :D
3) I have told Chris that if I hit my size 20 by december target, then he is buying me 2 new outfits in london :p

I forgot my positives yesterday :nono: So decided to put today's on while I'm thinking about it

1) my clothes seem to feel a bit loose on me (not sure if it's because I've stretched them, but I still like that they're loose)
2) I have so many inspiring friends on here :D
3) I have told Chris that if I hit my size 20 by december target, then he is buying me 2 new outfits in london :p

I LOVE the third positive, haha really made me giggle! I know you'll get there you are doing so fabulously, excited about WI tomorrow? xxx

I LOVE the third positive, haha really made me giggle! I know you'll get there you are doing so fabulously, excited about WI tomorrow? xxx

I'm really nervous :eek: I've got this bad feeling that * is just around the corner and going to mess wi up for me. Keeping my fingers crossed that I even just lose 1lb, as long as it goes down I'll be happy:)

:wavey: morning lovely stop worrying about it okay ? you have been good and deserve a loss . Yep star week can affect our losses as it effects how we eat etc but can't see why you wouldn't still get a loss and then the following week often a better one :D

Star week messes me up all the time and worse than ever the age I am. It lets me down big time :( One way round it is to pick filling comfort foods :) ie homemade burgers in a wholemeal bun with bacon etc and salad with sw chips, chilli and rice, or the beef cobbler? have you tried that? its our family favourite :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good plan Emmy :)

I always wake up late at the weekends so often just have brunch!

I love your positives too. You are also inspiring others now do don't forget that x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Also forgot to add that he's being such a pain lately that he has a lot of making up to do. Keeps raiding mum's choccy box and then comes to give me a kiss after he's finished :mad: :8855:

:wavey: morning lovely stop worrying about it okay ? you have been good and deserve a loss . Yep star week can affect our losses as it effects how we eat etc but can't see why you wouldn't still get a loss and then the following week often a better one :D

Star week messes me up all the time and worse than ever the age I am. It lets me down big time :( One way round it is to pick filling comfort foods :) ie homemade burgers in a wholemeal bun with bacon etc and salad with sw chips, chilli and rice, or the beef cobbler? have you tried that? its our family favourite :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, just can't wait to get tomorrow morning over and done with, sundays really seem to drag lol. I'm having chilli tonight :D No rice or anything else with it as it fills me up really well (it's just lean mince, tomatos, mushrooms, onion, kidney beans and baked beans).

Going to attempt to make a smash pizza tomorrow night and plan on having that with some salad :D

Good plan Emmy :)

I always wake up late at the weekends so often just have brunch!

I love your positives too. You are also inspiring others now do don't forget that x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:eek: thanks hun

I used to love smash pizza. the trick is to spray the baking sheet with frylight and squidge the smash base until really thin cook one side then turn and cook the other then add toppings etc and bake again, it then is lovely and crispy and not at all like smash. There is a definate knack to it though. I used to love bacon egg mushroom and mozerella :D

goodluck for tomorrow sweetie xxxxxxxxxx

Was starving, had an apple and it did nothing for me, so I used another 6.5 syns on a wholemeal roll and had a ham and cheese triangle roll (so have finally used my hexa). So syns for today are 14 and am sticking at that (though quite pleased the majority of them have been used for fibre).

I know it's early to be doing a food plan, but I pretty much know what I want tomorrow

Brekkie - Banana, muller light and fibre plus bar (hexb)
Lunch - Salmon, tomato and cucumber
Snack - Plain yoghurt and honey (2 syns)
Dinner - Smash pizza, mushroom, ham and sweetcorn with cheese (hexa) and a little bit of salad
Snack - mini oreos (6 syns)
Total planned syns - 8

I've also been thinking treat wise, maybe I could get in some miniature chocolate packets. Tesco seem to do a Mars multipack with mini mars, maltesers etc. Was thinking they'd be good for a chocolate fix, but not so high on syns :D I can put them on top of the cupboards so I can't reach them :eek:

I used to love smash pizza. the trick is to spray the baking sheet with frylight and squidge the smash base until really thin cook one side then turn and cook the other then add toppings etc and bake again, it then is lovely and crispy and not at all like smash. There is a definate knack to it though. I used to love bacon egg mushroom and mozerella :D

goodluck for tomorrow sweetie xxxxxxxxxx

I've come across Pete's recipe where you push the smash down in a frying pan and fry it for 3 minutes on each side. Then add your toppings and pop in the oven :D Really hope it works as I'll be put off :8855:

Hey Emily, you will be that size 20 in no time hun...I'd bet it will be long before Christmas at this rate :hug99:
Smash pizza is lovely, just be careful and make sure you syn it, contrary to beliefs it's not free, as you are using the smash for something other than the planned use, so you need to syn it as if it were on a red day, which is for the original smash, 2.5 syns per 100g.
Hope you're having a great day hun :hug99: xxxx

Hey Emily, you will be that size 20 in no time hun...I'd bet it will be long before Christmas at this rate :hug99:
Smash pizza is lovely, just be careful and make sure you syn it, contrary to beliefs it's not free, as you are using the smash for something other than the planned use, so you need to syn it as if it were on a red day, which is for the original smash, 2.5 syns per 100g.
Hope you're having a great day hun :hug99: xxxx

Thanks hun, would never have known otherwise :bighug:

Back to the drawing board for dinner tomorrow as I really want to try and keep my syns below 10 each day next week. :eek:

I might try chicken breast, topped with my hexa of cheese, wrapped in bacon with some salad and maybe 1 potato worth of sw chips :D

Thanks hun, would never have known otherwise :bighug:

Back to the drawing board for dinner tomorrow as I really want to try and keep my syns below 10 each day next week. :eek:

I might try chicken breast, topped with my hexa of cheese, wrapped in bacon with some salad and maybe 1 potato worth of sw chips :D

Is there a specific reason you want to keep your syns below 10?? xxx

Is there a specific reason you want to keep your syns below 10?? xxx

Just to see if I can do it without starving myself :eek: I see loads of people stay under 10 syns every day and it makes me wonder if I can do it. If it's too hard and I need to use the syns then I will do :)

I would use them anyways, they are there to be used.
I was like you when I first started, and would often see if using less was better and helped me lose more weight, no it didn't help, did the opposite in fact.
The syns are carefully worked into the plan and should be used....we need to eat fat as much as we need everything else.
I saw a documentary where they gave a famous musician (can't remember who he was, from some big band) a diet to follow...the first week he ate his food with little or no fat included and gained weight (this guy wasn't overweight either), the following week he included a sensible amount of fat and lost weight, (I believe it was 1lb) then did the same nextw eek, no fat and kept alternating, no fat week, followed by week including fat...each week he gained on the weeks he had no fat and lost on the weeks he did have fat.
Here is something everyone needs to read, be they newbies or long established slimmers, it sets out how the SW plan works and I adhere to it all the time and I have done just fine....close on 6st last year and 6st the year before and again aiming for 6 st this year, I'm happy with that and if you check back through my diary there are very few days where I have eaten less than 13 or more syns.
You're choice hun but I would say eat your syns, just in a more healthy way maybe...cut some of the goodies and incorporate more fruit maybe.
Sermon over :giggle:..:hug99: xxxxx
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

I have to say I also lose better when I have more syns every day for the past 3 weeks I have been near on 15 every day and have lost 11.5lbs when i completely cut out syns as an experiment I gained 0.5lbs :( So if you need those syns then you eat them!

I was exactly the same Emma, everytime I cut the syns, I wouldn't necessarily gain but my losses were negligible, but with upping the syns and using them as they should be used I have had, even after nearly 3 years of slimming, some of my biggest losses ever, 6.5lbs, 5.5lbs, 10 lbs and so on....and yet with lower syns when i didn't put on I rarely lost more than 0.5lbs xxx

Thanks ladies :bighug: I think I'm finding it hard to get out of the mentality that I shouldn't be eating this much food, that I should be hungry all the time :eek:

I like the fact that since starting sw and knowing I have my syns to use, means I can have a little bit of chocolate at night if I wanted to and it now satisfies me more than any big bar of chocolate could. Before xmas and before making the decision to start sw I'd happily eat a big bar of chocolate and want more, and more and more. No matter how much I had it just wouldn't satisfy me :( But now, I'm happy with my mini biscuits packs and I don't crave more chocolate :D

I think I'll try and keep within the 10-15 syns wise, the main reason I wanted to try and restrict them is because I felt greedy and wanted to speed up the weight loss :cry: But, I need to listen to people who have more experience on the plan than I do, and I trust you ladies fully :bighug:

the others are right if you work it out the free foods etc are low calorie so you might risk not eating enough calories etc etc. There are lots and threads about this but use your syns sweetie, enjoy them its amazing what you can have for 15 syns :D

enjoy your pizza as it won't be many syns at all for the base as 100g goes along way when making a thin base. the frying pan method sounds good :D its only like 2-3 mm thick to be perfect :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm really liking the sound of the chicken at the moment :eek: but I'm thinking of adding 2 syns worth of barbecue sauce to go under the cheese :D Then maybe try the pizza later in the week

I don't know what I'd do without this place and you wonderful people. Actually scrap that, I'd probably be cutting my syns right down, not losing weight and then I'd end up giving up :eek:

Back