*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

I have a nsv even though it hasn't lasted long

I ordered a pair of trousers from the Yours website in a size 30 - 32 and they're at a comfortable size, whereas earlier this year they would have been way too tight. I think a 28 would be slightly too tight, so am making do with what I have for now.

I showed mum and all she did was moan that the fabric is slightly shiny and I should send them back. I hate this part of her. I try something new to wear because I'm fed up of living in jogging bottoms or hareem pants and I get shot down instantly. Chris says they look nice, they feel comfortable, so why am I feeling like rubbish just because of my mum's negative attitude? :sigh:

I have a nsv even though it hasn't lasted long

I ordered a pair of trousers from the Yours website in a size 30 - 32 and they're at a comfortable size, whereas earlier this year they would have been way too tight. I think a 28 would be slightly too tight, so am making do with what I have for now.

I showed mum and all she did was moan that the fabric is slightly shiny and I should send them back. I hate this part of her. I try something new to wear because I'm fed up of living in jogging bottoms or hareem pants and I get shot down instantly. Chris says they look nice, they feel comfortable, so why am I feeling like rubbish just because of my mum's negative attitude? :sigh:
Why do mothers feel they have a right to do this to us. Ok they brought us into the owrld etc but surely that should mean they want us to be positive happy people and she must have known that you were rightly thrilled to have gotten into a smaller size but no they have to take the shine off your moment. Mine can be exactly the same and then wonders why I don't bother to ask her opinion any more.

If you take my advice just ignore her comment and continue to be thrilled cos you deserve it. And whats so wrong with shiny anyway. Are we not all hunting for more of them anyway. :) Bask in the glory of your NSV hun. :)

I'm going to get a pair in a 26 for when we go to London but in black :D

It just annoys me because I was feeling really chuffed about it and she goes and makes comments like that. But if it was my brother's gf it would be totally different, she'd be cooing over them and making her feel great.

Off to sort out some salad to go with my salmon :D

hello lovely :D well done on the nsv how fab is that. I hate hairdressers too and have a home hairdresser. I am lucky as shes my son's girlfriend's Mum so I dont feel uncomfortable but I hated going to the hairdressers for all the reasons you describe :( xxxxxxxxxxx

Think I'm going to do extra easy day tomorrow :D

Brekkie - banana, grapes, strawberries and yoghurt
Snack - watermelon
Lunch - cheesy pasta with tomato, garlic and onion sauce
Snack - Peach, muller light
Dinner - Bacon and mushroom sandwich (hexb)
Snack - frozen yoghurt (7.5 syns), banana and choc philadelphia (4.5 syns)
Syns - 14

Evening hun, well done on that nsv! You are doing so fab x x

I have monumentally messed up :sigh:

Since my mum's lovely comment all I've done all night is grazed. I didn't even want any of it because I was hungry, I just wanted to eat for the sake of it. But the list is like this a sausage roll, bowl of fruit and yoghurt, crisps, ice lolly and frozen yoghurt. What a complete and utter mess I've made of things today.

So, tomorrow is a new day and I'll be back on it and I refuse to bring up the subject of clothes or hair with my mum after today xxx

EmmyR1984 said:
I have monumentally messed up :sigh:

Since my mum's lovely comment all I've done all night is grazed. I didn't even want any of it because I was hungry, I just wanted to eat for the sake of it. But the list is like this a sausage roll, bowl of fruit and yoghurt, crisps, ice lolly and frozen yoghurt. What a complete and utter mess I've made of things today.

So, tomorrow is a new day and I'll be back on it and I refuse to bring up the subject of clothes or hair with my mum after today xxx

Hun dont worry! I reckon you could have eaten a lot worse than that and tomorrow is a new day. Quietly show your mum exactly what your made of and eventually she will have to praise you, and if she doesn't we all will! I think some people dont like it when others take control and they can see their own issues x

She's been really weird today, first my new trousers and then she turned around and said my hair was looking very dry and that I shouldn't go near anyone lighting a cigarette. It's just been one comment after another :(

Roll on thursday night when we go home :giggle:

EmmyR1984 said:
She's been really weird today, first my new trousers and then she turned around and said my hair was looking very dry and that I shouldn't go near anyone lighting a cigarette. It's just been one comment after another :(

Roll on thursday night when we go home :giggle:

Hun stay strong, I bet your hair is lovely! This is why weight loss only ever works for yourself - we have to be strong and cope with a lot on this journey. You CAN do this hun! X

Going to try and be really focused tomorrow, my only snacks that haven't been synned will be fruit and yoghurt. I'm determined to have a 100% day

This is a picture I took earlier today to show my cousin what I've done. I honestly think considering that it's been bleached twice it could look alot worse :8855:

IMG-20120424-00775-1.jpg

Doesnt look too bad to me :) and you have a very thin pretty face x

Oh Em take no notice, i think your hair looks bloody lovely!! You look lush, people can be so unthoughtful.. it's hard to ignore but don't let it get to you, be the bigger person! X

Thanks Linz :bighug:

Well back on it today for me, time to really focus :D I'm changing my food plan as I want to do a green day so that I can have the extra hexs

Brekkie - melon, mango and pineapple
Snack - grapes + peach
Lunch - bacon sandwich with mushrooms (hexb and 3.5 syns for the bacon)
Snack - Banana and choc philadelphia sandwich (hexb)
Dinner - cheesy pasta (2 x hexa)
Snack - frozen yoghurt (7.5 syns), muller light + strawberries

Feeling a bit miffed because my darling brother has used all of my nice wholemeal bread, he knows I only use that, but he still had it all and there was about quarter of a loaf left. So now I have to get Chris to go to the shop for me later.

Home tomorrow and I think I might spend a few days at home and not come with Chris when he has work. Mum's comments really hurt me yesterday and because of them I put sw on a back burner when I shouldn't have. So I'm going to have a few days just focusing on me for a change rather than everyone else xxx

EmmyR1984 said:
So I'm going to have a few days just focusing on me for a change rather than everyone else xxx

That sounds like a really good idea. I'm so sorry your mums comments hurt you - could you tell her they did? Or would it make no difference?

If I told her, it would just turn into an argument, and I know I comfort eat when arguments happen. So I need to just find a way around it, and the only thing I can think of for now is to spend a few days at home and just relax :)

EmmyR1984 said:
If I told her, it would just turn into an argument, and I know I comfort eat when arguments happen. So I need to just find a way around it, and the only thing I can think of for now is to spend a few days at home and just relax :)

Well, of course. Only you know what's best for you :)

Aw hun so sorry your mum upset you so, and I think it's tougher to deal with when it's the one person you expect to give you unconditional love and support. You didn't go too far off plan really just a wee blip and it will probably have made you even more determined to "show her" that you can do it no matter what she may think.

She's probably a bit afraid that if you can take control of all aspects in your life then maybe she won't be needed as much but her way of showing this is probably the thing which is most likely to make you distance yourself a bit. Anyway I think you are doing the right thing in taking some time out for you. It'll give you a chance to sort out what your mum is really feeling and then you can maybe talk to her and explain that her comments really hurt you.

Hope you're managing to cope today. And rmemebr we CAN and we WILL do this. :)

Hello sweetie :bighug: we Mum's can be so tactless at times, I am hoping like me that she opens her mouth before she realises she has put her foot in it.

Sweetie this is your journey and it should be for you, it would be nice if your Mum could find something nice to say, maybe she thinks she is giving constructive advice, I know myself in the past I have taken certain things said the wrong way as I had such low self esteem....You look gorgeous hunni, from any angle your hair looks fine and as someone who has had the pee taken out of me because of what I wore etc, I will say just wear what you like and feel comfy in sweetie, in a few months from now you'll look back and might even think yourself what was I thinking, but you will look back and think :wow: was I really that size.....cos I know I do, so take your relaxing time hunni and do this for you and ultimately show them all, your Mum included just what we see right now, a gorgeous young lady who is working hard to become everything she wants to be :hug99: xxxx

Back