*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Also trying freezing the Muller lights a bit, will take you longer to eat and tastes like ice cream especially the toffee one! Don't feel silly the good news is that work straight back on plan today!xx

Also trying freezing the Muller lights a bit, will take you longer to eat and tastes like ice cream especially the toffee one! Don't feel silly the good news is that work straight back on plan today!xx

Oooohhh I may have to give that a try, thanks for the tip :D

I'm determined to have a 100% focused day, though I'm struggling to think of ways to have at least some syns other than a drizzle of honey on my pork later :confused:

Some ideas for syns

If you like crisps and your going to miss them have a packet of low syn crisps for instance velvet crunch (4 syns) skips (4) wotsits (5) if you have an aldi near you they do some low syn crisps called crispy fries (3.5)

Funsize chocolate bars have between 3-5 syns in them

Light Mayonaise
Tomato sauce
salad cream
Gravy
All between 1-2 syns

That's brill, thanks hun :D

I know my problem will be stopping at one packet if I get crisps in. But I might get my fella to put them up out of the way for me and I can have a bag occassionally :D

We haven't got an aldi near us, but I might insist on making a trip to our nearest one to stock up on a few bits as they have cheap fruit don't they?

I've just checked the fridge and I have toffee muller lights in, so I'm going to freeze one for tonight

Yep they do cheap fruit and veggies! My nearest aldi is about a 30 minute drive away but its worth it!xx

Well, we're doing a trip to Cheshire, not this weekend but next weekend to pick up our new fridge freezer from Chris' mum and dad and they have an aldi in their town so I'm very tempted to go with Chris and make a trip in (originally I was meant to be spending the night at home while he went).

Muller light is in the freezer ready for my Gilmore Girls marathon tonight and I've just used 5.5 syns on a fibre plus bar as I was getting a bit peckish, had a satsuma with it too. Am thinking as well as brown rice, tomato and cucumber with my pork tonight, I might have some frylighted mushrooms as I do have a fairly big pack to get through before monday lol

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I hadn't found this place. Well I can hazard a guess, I'd still be waiting for Monday to even start and then I'd probably lose my bottle before the first month was over and done with.

Just had an e-mail through, my scales have been shipped, not sure if they'll arrive tomorrow now, but at least I'll be able to weigh myself next week and see how things are going :D

If i hadn't off found this site, i definitely think i would have given up by now, but i have so many lovely ladies looking after me on here i would feel i was letting them down as well as myself!

Fibre plus bars are amazing! Dinner sounds lush!

Great news about the scales i hope they come soon xx

EmmyR1984 said:
I know :eek: I was gutted when I realised how it finished. I've just started watching them again right from the beginning lol

I liked the ending - just didn't like that it ended!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You're doing really well x

Especially planning ahead and putting naughty stuff out if reach so you aren't tempted :)

Btw fibre plus bars are 6 syns and yes they are lovely :)

I agree with Emma that this site helps tons to keep you going!!!

Well, we're doing a trip to Cheshire, not this weekend but next weekend to pick up our new fridge freezer from Chris' mum and dad and they have an aldi in their town so I'm very tempted to go with Chris and make a trip in (originally I was meant to be spending the night at home while he went).

Muller light is in the freezer ready for my Gilmore Girls marathon tonight and I've just used 5.5 syns on a fibre plus bar as I was getting a bit peckish, had a satsuma with it too. Am thinking as well as brown rice, tomato and cucumber with my pork tonight, I might have some frylighted mushrooms as I do have a fairly big pack to get through before monday lol

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I hadn't found this place. Well I can hazard a guess, I'd still be waiting for Monday to even start and then I'd probably lose my bottle before the first month was over and done with.

Just had an e-mail through, my scales have been shipped, not sure if they'll arrive tomorrow now, but at least I'll be able to weigh myself next week and see how things are going :D

Theres a few aldis around cheshire, great for fruit and veg as they do cheap deals every week :)

You're doing really well x

Especially planning ahead and putting naughty stuff out if reach so you aren't tempted :)

Btw fibre plus bars are 6 syns and yes they are lovely :)

I agree with Emma that this site helps tons to keep you going!!!

Thanks hun, I thought they were 5.5 as I was using the 1 syn per 20 calories rule, but knowing me I'm probably wrong lol :eek:

EmmyR1984 said:
Thanks hun, I thought they were 5.5 as I was using the 1 syn per 20 calories rule, but knowing me I'm probably wrong lol :eek:

1 fibre plus is a HEB and they are usually 6 syns I assumed they are but just checked. The dark ones are 6, the milk ones are 5.5!!!

Excellent :)

1 fibre plus is a HEB and they are usually 6 syns I assumed they are but just checked. The dark ones are 6, the milk ones are 5.5!!!

Excellent :)

Oooohhhh yay :D thanks for double checking xx

Summary of food for today

Breakfast - I skipped as I got up late, I did drink half a litre of sugar free squash though.
Lunch - Cheese (hexa), tomato and cucumber sandwich (hexb), followed by cherries and lychees
Snack - Satsuma, milk choc fibre plus bar (5.5 syns)
Dinner - Pork steaks, brown rice, mushrooms, tomato, cucumber, 1 teaspoon of runny honey (1 syn)
Snack - Frozen toffee mullerlight
Drinks - 1.5 litres of plain water, 0.5 litres of sugarfree squash

Total syns (as long as I don't have another blip) - 6.5 syns

EDIT** I forgot to include a pic of my dinner

Ceredigion-20120106-00598-1.jpg

Looking good! Hopefully the yogurt will keep you going xx

Last edited:
Yum yum yum Dinner looks fab! You're doing great hun :)

Hey sweetie, you are doing brilliantly, food looks amazing, keep up the good work Emmy :bighug: xxxxx

Ok, I think my problem is that when I get bored, I eat :sigh:

I've just been downstairs and made a small bowl of pasta with mushrooms and about 5 syns worth of light cheddar. So that makes today's syns total 11.5

It's OK though - still on plan! Syns are there to be used. Don't be hard on yourself, that's when it all goes to pot!

You've still come in 3.5 syns under. Sounds good to me :D

Back