Deep Fat Fryer

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
I'm contemplating buying one. Is it a good thing to have?

Any wonderful things I can make in it?

you can do KFC type chicken with scratchings. Celeriac chips :D get one!

Hehe! I was thinking some sort of almond flour coated salt and chilli chicken type thing. But scratchings sound good actually.

My bf will probably use it for real chips tho, hope his potato's dont taint my cooking oil! lol!

you cant let him put tatos in there! the carbs might stay in the oil LOL

Oh God? Are you being serious?! Do I need to buy two?! lol!

LMAO!

Noooo.... you cant just laugh! U have to tell me! pmsl!!!

mua hua hua hua :D i dont know lol i wouldnt though.

Oh god... best buy two then! lol! Damn Jim for being on holiday!!!!

nah im sure it will be fine x

I'm paranoid now! lol!

i was gonna google too :D

I was seriously worried about this too. Glad you asked Claire!

this little thread really made me laugh - thanks girls x

Seraphine's coconut chicken!

That's me! I've fallen away from the board in recent weeks but I'm back to finally deal with this last stone. But I'm seriously tickled that someone remembered my recipe.

(I eat WAY too much of this chicken... I'm about to grow feathers, I sure)

Yes, definately invest in a deep fat fryer - so many things you can make!

Haha you all make me giggle! Mmmm fried chicken

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Hi CC. Don't want to rock the boat here but whenever I make chips in the fryer I usually end up making them for 7-8 people and what I noticed is the oil keeps the starch and starts to bubble up because of it. Whatever I fry afterwards does have a starchy taste but does that mean carbs.. :confused:

Anyone else know what I'm going on about?

Hi CC. Don't want to rock the boat here but whenever I make chips in the fryer I usually end up making them for 7-8 people and what I noticed is the oil keeps the starch and starts to bubble up because of it. Whatever I fry afterwards does have a starchy taste but does that mean carbs.. :confused:

Anyone else know what I'm going on about?

When I do the coconut chicken, I get the same thing after two batches - the bubbling up and the oil gets slightly cloudy. And because it's just me here, I'm not frying anything carby in my oil, just chicken and coconut (which is 6g/100).

I don't know what the bubbles come from - you just have to watch because if you're only using a pot rather than a sealed deep fryer, it can rise up the pot and spill onto the cooker top really easily.

Ideas what this is?

Back