Dee's Primal Diary

Thanks guys :) It's a recipe from my book, hopefully I'll jump on a computer at the weekend and I'll post it up!

Blackened Salmon! Yeaah.. I got this off a paleo blog.. http://www.paleoeffect.com/recipes/paleo-blackened-salmon-paleo-effect/

Really getting back into the primal/paleo swing and .my OH is joining.. had a good paleo up day, even though I am shattered! :) vegetable hash for lunch ... so tired after the gym just had loads of asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and couple chicken legs... homemade energy bar beforehand and the muffins for breakfast! All goood!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121108_225956.png
    ForumRunner_20121108_225956.png
    526.1 KB · Views: 54
Morning! I feel like this is going to be a good week :) I love my day off! Even though it is Tuesday, but got lots of Fridays coming up! And after my 11 hour shift, got to the gym so so so proud of myself, gotta keep forcing myself into it so I get back into the rhythm!!

Good Primal/Paleo day yesterday as well!! Woo!

Morning breakfast ;) !

ForumRunner_20121113_095957.png

posted the Morning Glory Muffins recipe from my book into the "Fab paleo Recipes" for anyone who wanted it :) !

Morning! I feel like this is going to be a good week :) I love my day off! Even though it is Tuesday, but got lots of Fridays coming up! And after my 11 hour shift, got to the gym so so so proud of myself, gotta keep forcing myself into it so I get back into the rhythm!!

Good Primal/Paleo day yesterday as well!! Woo!

Morning breakfast ;) !

View attachment 68724

posted the Morning Glory Muffins recipe from my book into the "Fab paleo Recipes" for anyone who wanted it :) !

That breakfast looks scrummy!!!

Thinking of a short break from JUDDD and completely focus on primal.. still tracking but to get over carb/sugar cravings I keep getting.. :)

Thinking of a short break from JUDDD and completely focus on primal.. still tracking but to get over carb/sugar cravings I keep getting.. :)

Have you tried a chromium supplement!!! I take one and i find it really helps with sugar/carb cravings!!!

X

Worth a try, are they from Holland & Barrett? Still gonna have a break from JUDDD to see what happens, my job is quite mobile & demanding atm and I have such a lack of energy & where I keep having no appetite I need filling fatty foods lol for when I do have an appetite

Trying to plan next weeks menu... Need a breakfast I can eat on the run.. not sure whether to adjust the morning glory muffins for less sugar... Or to try pumpkin bread or muffins hhmmm

Monday 26/11

B: random mix of sausages, cashew nuts & a protein shake

with coffee & cream

L: orange chicken stir fry and an apple

Bit rubbish unprepared with dinner. My blender won't blend anymore so I had mash cauliflower.. and made a tomato sauce but got no meat out so had the family's pre prepared 'fresh' meatballs plus asparagus and broccoli..

Plus tea and cream as well as almonds and strawberries

But no bread/chocolate or crap lol! Pretty alright day, although no gym as my chest is playing up...

Last edited:
Wondering whether to come back here..

I still want to IF but I am trying the 8 hr diet... maybe going to 5:2 later on. However sometimes when I am on the JUDDD forum I kinda look at people's diaries and worry more about calories instead of what I am actually eating. I was looking back at what I ate primally and I was always happy, energetic and loved cooking.. now I'm a bit merr and need inspiration.. :p

I have been sticking to primal mainly, but sometimes eat oats & peanut butter(although I like almond butter as well).. also have greek yoghurt and thinking to going back to cream as I felt like it was a treat daily and didn't eat other "treats" .. using my previous diary entries as inspiration.

Right

Saturday 20/07

Coffee w/ almond milk & then to the gym!

Squats 5x5 - 25kg
Bench press 5x5 - 25kg (+ bar is 12.5kg)
Deadlift 5x1 - 50kg (+ bar is 12.5kg)
Dealift 5x1 - 55kg (+ bar)

Tricep extensions 4x10 - 10kg
Bicep curls 3x5 each arm - 10kg
Lat pull downs 5x5 - 35

Accidentally put my Zombie, Run! App on week 3, workout 3 when I should be still week 1/week 2 but I did it! Good running pace!
:D

Protein shake & half a banana after gym

Then 2 slices of bacon & a fried egg at home.

Good weekend exercise wise.. went out for mexican yesterday though as it was my birthday last week... it was nice having a family meal for a change.. I feel really bleurgh & fat today though :( however I only had a banana before the gym yesterday and a nakd bar after.. had a good half hour run.. but my shin keeps continuously hurting and no matter how much I stretch or deep heat it.. every time I run it comes back! Gonna rest (heat induced rest as well) and then ice it today!

Broke fast - Scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil with asparagus and spinach w/balsamic vinegar

Coffee and cream & some almonds

Dinner - Tuna steak with baby leaf salad and red pepper

Last edited:
Tues 23/07/13

B: Coffee with cream

L: Chicken & Chorizo baby leaf salad with broccoli and a dijon mustard, lemon juice with a dash of cider vinegar dressing
IMG_20130723_161620.jpg

Snack: coffee with cream & some almonds

Planned pre/post gym: banana & whey protein

D: Salmon with peppers, onions, courgette & garlic roasted in olive oil!

Yesterday was not good. I will leave it at that.

Thursday 25/07

Broke fast at 1pm as I was hungry - 13hr fast

Coffee with almond milkEggs scrambled in butter, two gluten free chipolatas, spinach and asparagus

Apple & almonds
Spoonful of peanut butter (my vice..)

I am hungry today!

had a tea with a little cream..

"Lunch" : Turkey steak with chorizo & broccoli & red pepper

a coffee with cream

Pre-gym "dinner" : Banana, spinach, almond milk and whey smoothie

Post-gym: whey protein

Last edited:
Back