Dee's Primal Diary

Proud!!

With my working out/tracking calories, I've been told constantly to eat more (netting below 900 :( )

Today I have finally done it!! Abeit I haven't put in my exercise yet but I'm proud!!

Cal: 1482 Carb:82 Fat:61 Protein: 150 < I think it's due to more fat, in place of carbs :D!

Proud!!

With my working out/tracking calories, I've been told constantly to eat more (netting below 900 :( )

Today I have finally done it!! Abeit I haven't put in my exercise yet but I'm proud!!

Cal: 1482 Carb:82 Fat:61 Protein: 150 < I think it's due to more fat, in place of carbs :D!

Thanks for the recipe- I am going to give it a whirl!

I had the same struggle with low net calories when I started working out. I don't think its too big a deal as long as you are hitting most of your nutritional targets through the food you eat. :)

Thursday Day 11 Fasting (but going up to 600 calories because I do pilates today!)

B: Coffee with cream - 56 calories

Green tea - 1 calorie

L: Ham hock with asparagus & courgette (roasted in olive oil & a pinch of lemon pepper) - 158 calories

D: White fish with spinch, tomato, broccoli & cauliflower - 110 calories

pre-pilates: banana - 73 calories

post-gym: protein shake - 93 calories + blueberries & strawberries - 32 calories

+ I had pilates!!

Calorie total : 532 calories

Last edited:
So I lost 3 lbs!! The 2lbs this morning!! Hopefully I can keep them off this weekend & then another loss next week! I don't wanna keep going up & down and Up & down with these 2 lbs like I have been doing for aaaaages!! :)

Friday Day 12

B:
Sausages, spinach & tomatoes (wish I took a picture, looked so yummy!)

+ coffee with cream!

L: Cayenne Chicken & avocado/red onion "salad"

snacks: blueberries & macadamia nuts..

D: pork stir fry with cabbage & leek , mamgetout & asparagus

Last edited:
Saturday :)

Coffee & cream before Pilates

Almond milk with protein powder & an apple afterward..

Shopping & dinner today :) boyfriend is low carbing so we'll see where we end up

Your Diary is looking fab!
Loving your meals and will definately be stealing a few of your recipes to help me along :)

3littlerascals said:
Your Diary is looking fab!
Loving your meals and will definately be stealing a few of your recipes to help me along :)

There is a thread on here with really good paleo blogs which have brilliant recipes! I get inspiration from them, have a look at some, I'm a foodie & love cooking & it really made me excited about eating/living this way!

Saturday we had Mexican haha.. oh dear I'll put that down to the 80/20 rule! We intended to have steak & salad but a tequila cocktail & pulled pork burrito called our names Hahaa ;)

Sunday's good.. leftover ingredients in an omelette .. eggs pepper..chorizo & ham!

Gym a few weights & boxing..how I enjoy punching the boyfriend lol!

We decided to have a BBQ with lots of chicken & salad and a few beef kebab things.. (shop bought though..) and yummy olives with sundried tomatoes

Mmm

Monday

B: protein shake with berries & almond milk

A coffe with cream

D: honey & mustard pork loin with salad

ForumRunner_20120827_202955.png

Tuesday Day 16!

I aches so badly from my gym session with my Boyfriend! Trainer tonight for more punishment! hahaa..

B:

So started the morning with a protein shake, mixed with water!

and mini omlettes - 2 eggs, bacon, spinch & spring onion .. (forgot to picture them!)

L: mini chicken lettuce burgers with red pepper & sweet potatoe (paprika yum!) "fries"

ForumRunner_20120828_163756.png

ForumRunner_20120828_163806.png

snacks: blueberries & macadamia nuts..

Pre-gym: banana & protein shake

D: chicken fajita style with asparagus & avocado

Before bed a protein shake with almond milk :)

Last edited:
Wednesday Day 17 - Fast Day

B: Coffee with cream - 59 calories

L: Pollock with spinach & romaine lettuce with yellow pepper - 83 calories (seriously didn't know that this was gonna be so low calorie!)

Raspberries - 29 calories

Need to plan out my meals, ordered Paleo Comfort Food book from Amazon, awaiting it's arrival & I have seen so so many yummy recipes I want to try!! :p

I certainly need to be more organised this week, and pick a moment to plan out meals & incorporate it into the weekly shopping list

Last edited:
Yes it is :) I love cookbooks, been getting all my recipes online & I need to write down which ones I like to put in my recipe folder but keep forgetting!

So this is my starter one, I am actually excited, read good reviews!

ForumRunner_20120829_183914.png

D: Harissa chicken (probably not fully primal) with roasted broccoli & mamgetout in lemon pepper & spring onion...

Chicken was hot! But the veg was nice if a little overdone

210 calories

Thursday Day 18

B: So I tried this no-oat oatmeal but had no banana so substituted half a stewed apple & I used almonds/macadamia/walnut mix..

ForumRunner_20120830_090604.png

it was nice.. a bit gritty & may need getting used to!

L: Sesame chicken in lettuce wrap with broccoli on the side!

ForumRunner_20120830_213655.png

ForumRunner_20120830_213706.png

Lunch :) and dinner was a bit boring salmon and grilled asparagus...

Had an apple & coffee with cream before gym.. bit annoyed because my asthma was playing up & I have inflammation under my knees so couldn't work out as hard...

Plus I had a protein shake...

Did a lot of weights though and Icm proud because I went in the free weight area (big men section!) & used a barbell!

Fasting tomorrow, hoping I won't be too hungry

Friday Day 19 - Fast Day

I am currently really hungry. Oh god, hurry lunchtime! Gonne try & be really good at logging this weekend, usually goes t*ts up after a Friday Evening! But I must must must, boring at work today so gonna plan out meals & stuff :)

B (830am-9am): Coffee with cream - 60 calories

L: Avocado, red pepper

D:
Couple more slices ham.. bit much sodium wise but I really wasn't hungry after I'd been food shopping, more tired..

Last edited:
I feel really good. The best I have felt in a long, long time! I do think this is the best diet choice for me, no bloating, never too full, no tummy/bowel troubles! I never feel guilty :) & I can enjoy going out instead of having a panic attack about food lol! The fasting makes me feel really cleansed haha! I'm understanding more about nutrients, portion sizes& what I put in my body, when I'm hungry and everything!

I'm not stalling my hunger either or eating things to trick my body into being "full for long"..

What I do love is, I am more controlled. I think strict diets bring on my binging habits.. & I haven't really been doing that; especially not how I used to on Dukan, I would eat literally anything in the house..cereal out the box..etc even though I wasn't hungry..

I like this sort of feeling of freedom..body & mind haha ;) and it really is something I can see long term-ish (okay, okay I might go off track or stop fasting for short periods.. ) but I can see me keeping with Primal in a way I have never seen properly with other diets.. :D

I feel super proud! & happy! & excited for my cookbook because I love all this experimenting with vegetables/fruit and natural foods for good meals!! I know this is how I want to bring kids up or raise a home; and I love that most, this is a diet which can be kept and for a whole family..

Saturday Day 20 - lost 2 more pounds! :)

B: Scrambled eggs and a banana & coffee with cream

Off for a run & pilates!!

Back