Dee's Primal Diary

Went out to an amazing turkish restaurant lest night, I had this beautiful lamb dish with peppers & onions, soo yummy and the meat was so tender!

So Sunday, wasn't sure whether to fast but knew I probably couldn't cos i was stuck at home today.. so I'm trying to learn to just eat a little less..

Me & my BF made almond flour pancakes this morning with a rasher of bacon :)

I had an apple

I have had a glass of red wine LOL!

and now I have chicken with a sun-dried tomato sauce & cauliflower tots..

I would have taken a photo but it looked a little messed up haha :p the tots should have been left in the fridge/freezer a little longer as they fell apart..

This week I am gonna be 100% and really really good!! Cos I am hoping I may achieve a big loss!

Monday Day 22 (23 days til my holiday :D !!)

B: Granola!! A form of the recipe from paleoomg.. changed a few nuts used & reduced the quantity to make enough just for me! Had this with almond milk! (474 calories...wow!)

2012-09-02 20.18.43.jpg

L: Mustard chicken, with yellow & red peppers, cauliflower tots (burnt..haha!) & a bit of spinach (362 calories)

2012-09-02 19.25.06.jpg

snacks: blueberries & raspberries (30 calories) & few pistachio nuts (80 calories)

my pre-gym smoothie concoction; banana, almond butter, almond milk & protein powder + a little spinach!!

Was actually yummy (260 calories)

+ coffee with cream - (63 calories)

IMG_20120903_184756.jpgIMG_20120903_184817.jpg

D: Morrocan Salmon with tenderstem broccoli, leek & Creme Fraich :D (412 calories)

IMG_20120903_213934.jpg

+ a protein shake just before bed (93 calories) and stopped eating at 10pm- ish

Managed to total 1744 calories! Ah go me lol! :p and I had a really good gym session, lots of weights and 20 minutes of interval running (broken up cos my asthma affacted me.. )

Last edited:
Hi Dee, interesting to hear fasting working for you. I'd like to try IF but fairly well balanced at the moment and still get hungry at regular meal times - dont want to start a new/different obsession with food lol;)

My PALEO COOKBOOK CAME, IT CAME IT CAME!! :bliss:

So everyone can stuuufff their 50 Shades of Grey, I'll be reading this in bed! hahaa

Tuesday Day 23 - Fast/ Down Day

3 weeks til my holiday tomorrow... so so so excited to have a week alone with my OH :)

I stopped eating around 10pm last night and just had lunch (1pmish) so a long fast!! I've felt fine! Drinking water, started to get a little hungry approaching lunchtime but nothing unusual there! ;)

Seems to be in a morroccan mood this week..

L: Blackened Cod (smokedpaprika/cumin/thyme/cayenne) with salad (lettuce&springonion) (118 calories)

No picture but it looked yummy...

+
some blueberries (17 calories)
+
coffee with cream (60 calories... Nescafe at work though, not my yummyy Carta Noire at home *sigh*)

Last edited:
ForumRunner_20120904_205212.png

Moroccan meatballs with sauteed cauliflower rice & broccoli! (257 calories)

+ an apple (40 calories)

492 calories in total :)

Last edited:
Wednesday Day 23

Okay, a little disappointed in myself. I failed yesterday, ended up having a little dark chocolate :( :eek: which meant I went a little over calories..

Today I feel a bit, funny. Not sad but I feel "big" , I don't think it's because of my slip up...:sigh: I think it's just one of thosedays .. usually I wake up feeling skinny, and my stomach feels flat, this morning I feel big & heavy & a little bloated which I haven't felt in ages!

I haven't been toilet. Maybe this is the reason, I need more fibre maybe? I am glad I'm on a normal day though, & gym tonight which usually makes me feel good!

B:

Chorizoegg.jpg Chorizo Scrambled eggs with grilled asparagus! yum yum yum!

L: Almong & parmesan crusted cod nuggets with a broccoli & spinach "salad"

Almond cod.jpg

Made a few fudgies with dates & nuts and a bit if dark chocolate... Ended up eating them all... At least they're on plan haha ;)

Last edited:
Agree - a few cals/ piece of chocolate doesnt undo all the great impact you are making! Hang in there:)

So yesterday :)

Banana mixed with protein before the gym! + a coffee with cream

Chicken!.jpg

Garlic & lime chicken for dinner..used butter so yummy!! & moist, the recipe was supposed to be green beans but I used tenderstem broccoli; it got burnt haha!

Protein shake after the gym.. then bed! :) Stopped eating around 10.30pm; trying to starve off eating today, I'm not drastically hungry!

Muffin!.jpg

I tried the honey muffin recipe from Civilized Caveman; so good! I tweaked it abit to make one serving, & used butter & almond milk/flour but they were so nice!!

Might used the full recipe & proper ingredients another time! ;)

Plus 1lb this morning... but TOTM due, toilet troubles + a weight session last night so I'm not worried! :)

I had a NSV today, fitting into a pair of denium shorts comfortably when I couldn't two months ago!! Wooohooo!

Friday (Day 25)

B: homey muffins, coffee and cream + come blueberries!

IMG_20120907_121700.jpg

L: Sweet potatoe hash; recipe from my Paleo cookbook... really nice although I used diced chicken rather than chicken sausage & added chorizo!

Last edited:
Sausage casserole with cauliflower rice and asparagus :) Yummmy
+ a nice glass of red wine

& a bit of my bro's birthday caaake :)

Ooh sausage casserole sounds good...potters off to look up recipes:)

Little bit AWOL from here as been posting on JUDDD forum :D still primal! It's been a struggle because of my TOTM.. but sticking to dark chocolate & the fats allow me comfort food on UD's so it's not as depriving as other diets.. but my DD are a bit here & there because I've been trying to starve off sweet cravings & hunger with Pepsi Max :eek:! More focused on losing weight for my holiday atm I think, but at least I think I am being 80% at least...

Moroccan chicken with cauliflower and spinach.. mmm.. :)

ForumRunner_20120917_202430.png

just been roasting & flavorings nuts.. hope it works.. & they ate yummy.. doing two fast days then
100% primal Wednesday..

I start a new job Tuesday... I will be working 7.30am - 6.30pm... trying to think of quick morning breakfasts.. and trying to plan fillling lunches & dinner for my UD's.. Mainly I wanna be lazy & not get up too early to cook haha, so googling re-heatable bits or things that are simple but very filling.. :)

Proper Primal Breakfast ;)

ForumRunner_20121106_202913.png

Sweet potatoe, chicken & chorizo hash after my training session... yuuummmm

And blackened salmon with cabbage, leek and asparagus!

ForumRunner_20121106_202926.png

ForumRunner_20121106_202939.png

Back