Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Ooh. Pitch dark when I got up this morning and I'm bally freezing. This "feeling the cold" aspect is beginning to make its presence felt. I'm not really a winter person. I miss the sunshine.

I would have gladly swapped you this morn, little man got me up with a sore ear just before 5 :0 sun rose into my living room and it was like a green house till 10! I miss the cold, love dressing up in hats and gloves. Best weather in the world is icy cold, fresh and sunny all together.i love those english mornings more than ever!

wrongun. don't mind the cold so much but the dark days... hate it.

ok I'll give you that, theres no joy in waking up in the dark to start your day no matter what the temp

hi spangles have just read all ur posts,really enjoyed reading them,u have done amazingly,i started a week ago so still early days for me,ur a very similar shape to me,im loving the 50s dresses :) x

that's because you have impeccable taste, katie. ;)

good luck with the diet, it's so much easier from here. xx

i think perhaps if i didn't have to be at work for 8.10 every day... dark winter mornings make for about 8 months of the year. Can there be a school that starts at 10am please? 10 til 4.30 would be the same hours, and much more civilised. Nobody can get away with going home til 6pm anyway, so you'd only end up doing an hour and a half's extra work instead of three. brilliant!

Hi - thought I would come by and check out your diary. Wow you are doing well - your weight losses are fab, you have stuck to it all so much better than I have! Definitely inspirational - and you have succeeded in making me feel bad so I am now on a mission not to cheat - well, for a while at least - lol.

Well done you!

I promise, the only reason i stick to SS is i'm terrified of how hard it would be to get back to it. me and diets don't mix. this isn't a diet for me. i just don't "do" food at the moment.

So today i was going upstairs at work and a senior colleague said "Charlotte, those trousers..." and I assumed I was going to get reprimanded cos they're black linen, and possibly not inkeeping with the new corporate dress code. Anyway, she carried on "... they're too big now and it's high time you got some new ones." Aces! I was so pleased.

Ah nice one :) I'm a Charlotte too underneath all this shrinkin'violetness. x

Ahhh I had to be at work at 7 this morning and have only just got home! Darkness makes me sad :(

Well done on needing smaller trousers by the way! Always good to have a non scales related victory!

Xx

Boo hiss, the winter mornings are a real killer from manilla. Only Manilla would surely be hot right? Anyhoo, it's not right to be going to work in the dark or getting home in the dark...time to unleash the knitware....I do love a nice cardie/tea dress combo.

spangles said:
i think perhaps if i didn't have to be at work for 8.10 every day... dark winter mornings make for about 8 months of the year. Can there be a school that starts at 10am please? 10 til 4.30 would be the same hours, and much more civilised. Nobody can get away with going home til 6pm anyway, so you'd only end up doing an hour and a half's extra work instead of three. brilliant!

Er, no!!! 10-3!!!! ;) hehehe also had news on the job front! Will pm you today! Xxx

spangles said:
I promise, the only reason i stick to SS is i'm terrified of how hard it would be to get back to it. me and diets don't mix. this isn't a diet for me. i just don't "do" food at the moment.

So today i was going upstairs at work and a senior colleague said "Charlotte, those trousers..." and I assumed I was going to get reprimanded cos they're black linen, and possibly not inkeeping with the new corporate dress code. Anyway, she carried on "... they're too big now and it's high time you got some new ones." Aces! I was so pleased.

FANTASTIC!!! And there was no *****iness! Just stating a fact!!! YAY!!!!!

Boo hiss, the winter mornings are a real killer from manilla. Only Manilla would surely be hot right? Anyhoo, it's not right to be going to work in the dark or getting home in the dark...time to unleash the knitware....I do love a nice cardie/tea dress combo.
Ooh I am *all about* little round necked cardigans and frocks this season. You can wear cardies small, so I bought a bunch of size 18s a couple of months ago, and then dresses can be worn for much longer even if they're too big. And I already had loads of frocks in my wardrobe size 18-22.

However, it's only been made possible because I am now small enough to fit into standard, marks and sparks, XL tights. Of which I had a drawerful I hadn't worn for about three years!

Hard to believe, though, that these will one day be too big as well.

Last night I dreamed that I was in a pub with my mate, and there were the remains of a plate of fish and chips on the table. And after a while I realised i'd been picking up pieces of fish and eating them. It was so upsetting! I was really really freaked out and kept scooping the inside of my mouth out with my fingers to get out any traces of fish. And then I woke myself up and couldn't get back to sleep again.

I think it's because of all the hoohah on the 'boundaries' thread, and impending 810 week (12 and a half days time) - i've been imagining eating food again, and spoiling everything. Anyway. Not a brilliant start to the day.

What was the hoohah on the boundaries thread? I haven't see that thread, must go have a look. Is the 810 week your week off of SS? I have not had to worry about that because I have a day off ever other week - lol, I am so naughty. Really do admire the way you have stuck to it. And it's weird, because when I do have a naughty meal or bottle of wine, I don't really enjoy it that much because I am just aware that I feel heavy and bloated, so it is a relief to get back to the SS and feeling less slow and elephantine again.

Don't let other people kicking off or funny dreams worry you. YOu are doing great!

thanks, that's kind. the 'boundaries' thread is horrible. I think, by the end, everyone was feeling persecuted - the air has been cleared a couple of times and then someone else comes along and gives their own outraged reaction and it all kicks off again.

*sigh* it's the internet - twas ever thus. I spend most of my time on a much more strident forum where people call each other c*nts hundreds of times a day, but here, everyone is normally so lovely that it feels much more personal and unpleasant.

Well, I just read it through, and I have seen much worse kick off in a thread before - lol. Don't let it get you down, it will be off the front page in a day or so and forgotten. I have to admit I rarely read the threads, and just stick to the diaries, but thats more of a time saver and because its mostly the same day after day.

Anyway, call me selfish but I am not interested in other peoples fails or cheats, I just care about my own, as it's my weight loss that matters to me. Now your thread I have found motivational, because you are having fab losses and making me feel more inspired to stick to SS. Chin up chick :)

Back