Deflating the Bouncy Castle

So my clothes came. I tried on the 16s for curiosity's sake but hysterically with the pencil dress i could only get one arm in (the other was sticking out of the side zip!) and it barely covered my bum. Long way to go there - I think it's a small 16, and as such it may be the smallest size i end up... but that's quite cool, really, cos it's a lovely frock and i'd like to get some wear out of it. That said, the other dress conceivably could be worn now. It's a very large 16, for sure. But in a month's time it'll be awesome! The tops are both too small, because they're quite short, so struggle to get past my boobs. i shall have to wait quite a while for them and wear them loose, but that's fine. They were only a fiver each.

Anyway, when i was hanging the dresses in the wardrobe, i though i coyuld try on the size 18 dress i've been saving for years. Basically, I bought a gorgeous spotty dress from evans a few years ago:

n652123974_2040764_135.jpg

EDIT - NB: This is an OLD photo of me in the size 22 dress.

i bought it in a size 22 and wore it loads. I quickly realised that i wanted to get it in a smaller size (my over all weight trend was downwards at that time) - but they didn't have a 20, so i got the 18. I never fitted in to it. in the meantime, i got too big for the 22, and then my husband spilled bleach on it anyway. So tonight i tried on the 18 and it looked phenomenal. I couldn't help myself saying out loud "amazing". (Big headed cow).

TBF, it looks amazing from the front. From the side, I look too wobbly, with weird rings of fat separated by bizarre thin bits. give it a fortnight, though - and i'll be past caring.

So - in ten weeks i've gone from a size 24 to an 18-20. I love this diet (today).

Last edited:
Wow and bloody hell! You look like a different person than your other pics!!! I actually can't get over the difference, bloody good work spangles, you've done so blummin well and you look freakin beauts!! Go YOU!! ♥

that pic is OLD petal. 3 and a half years old. That's why i look different, I'm younger!

Haha im such a loooooser! I was going to say you look younger! This diet is good but wow, turning back time! Your hair looks awesome there too, love that short fringe on you!!!
my sis has that exact same dress i do believe xxx
ps sorry for being so stoopid, I shall in future read properly before commenting!!!!! x

no worries - i wasn't very clear.

btw. polkadots. yeah. it's a *thing*...

mm... will see if i can get a decent photo.

Feels great to be in smaller clothes doesn't it. Well done you!

So today's obsession is that i might get a new, big tatt done when i get to goal, or closer to goal. (when the love handles have gone).

I already have two tattoos. This one, which is about 10cm long, at the base of my spine (which used to be a really unusual place to have one!)

tattoo2.jpg

and this one on my foot (apols for big picture):
iphonepicstooct11305.jpg

the top one was to celebrate how i felt when i was accepted into acting school, and remind me never to belive the people who tell you that you can't. The second is to remember my brilliant dad, who died three years ago, and who was very happy just about every day of his life - always singing (like me) this was from his favourite song, and sums up his philosophy too. Every step of my life, it's there with me.

So - with nowhere near as much meaning, i've always fancied having a tattoo done as a real-life representation of the famous Man Ray surrealist picture:
Man-Ray.-Le-violin-de-Ingres.-1924..jpg

but i've in more recent years though i could tie this together with the drama tatt, so that the mask ribbons join some sort of garland of meaningful objects and images. A big fat ladybird, an hourglass, a fifties style cocktail and or champagne glass, some dice, the quote "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?"... and maybe a butterfly to signify transformation or reinvention - not just the weightloss, but there have been lots of times in my life where i've said 'right, let's try something completely new'. Anyway, all that embedded in some ribbons or flowers which curve round in a big U shape, with the masks at the bottom, and wrapping loosely around the violin holes on each side. (You can't wrap around a hole, can you? hmm).

anyway - it's kept me entertained planning it. going to cost a fortune, mind!

That sounds lush, I am also currently obsessed with getting a new one.
However I had one at 18 which I subsequently hated, spent 1400 quid getting it removed, so am reluctant to do anything hastily. Hence the last 5 years thinking about it!

It's really hard to decide what to get! I have 2 and want one on my foot, however am scared that will hurt a lot! Lol

it hurts like a really long bee sting. but really - it's tolerable. def worth it. you have to be careful of placement. too near the base of your foot, and it will fade away.

both my tattoos, i've had planned with some finality for over a year before i had them. always a good idea to sit with it for a while. makes you less likely to regret it.

but be warned - tatts are addictive!

My first one I went out and got as part of rebelling against the parents, I hate it, but to be fair, it's on my back so I can't see it! Lol

The 2nd one I had after a long search on t'internet, it's a shooting star on my hip,

I want some kind of quote on my foot, something inspirational, however, am still searching for that inspiration!

so i was feeling a bit sorry for myself at the weekend: the months and months of this stretching out interminably before me... and was whining about my average-but-no-better weightlosses on my regular forum. Someone suggested i insert some variety by trying some exante products, so i ordered a small selection.

They just got delivered to work, so instead of a malt toffee bar I tried a chocolate orange exante bar.

Man-oh-man it was rank! and huuuuuuuge! I kept eating and eating this foul-smelling thing and it was still there. For the curious: imagine the consistancy of a slightly softer version of those rice krispies squares they sell, but with soya puffs instead of rice, then occasional little pieces of candied orange peel and teeny squares of chocolate. a general taste of orange undercut with a really strong tang of chemicals. and it smelled chemically too. All kinds of wrong: although i do feel absolutely stuffed.

i suspect the other products i've bought might not be the delightful and refreshing change i had imagined. arse.

they are quite foul aren't they. the toffee ones are a little nicer, but the texture really is something akin to eating sawdust.

a lot of people on exante won't touch them and order shakes/soups and use tesco's bars instead, they are cheaper as well. Not tried them myself yet, but I certainly won't be ordering anymore of the exante ones.

lauren-1986 said:
My first one I went out and got as part of rebelling against the parents, I hate it, but to be fair, it's on my back so I can't see it! Lol

The 2nd one I had after a long search on t'internet, it's a shooting star on my hip,

I want some kind of quote on my foot, something inspirational, however, am still searching for that inspiration!

Ahh didn't realise it wouldn't be your first one. Sorry if I came over a bit patronising.

Man, am shattered today. Not enough sleep this week. Currently sitting on train at kings cross, waiting for it to go to the wilds of lincolnshire, where the inlaws live.

Two good things:
- inlaws live in big drafty farmhouse, so needed to break out a proper winter coat. Husband commented that it was swamping me.
- silling in tiny economy rail seat, have much more space than I used to. Rah!

No worries :)

Lucky you having a seat, all the way to Waterloo & back home today I stood up on the train!

Oooh you get to go shopping for a new winter coat! Good times x

I bought one the other day: just cheapy in sainsburys. Bit small for now but will see me through this winter. Won't get to goal til April, so no point buying anything lush til next winter, really.

I am planning a new tat as my lost weight reward. I haven't yet decided on what but I want something related to my kids. I had a design done, quite simple, of their names with the initials entwined then all covered in curling vines. But I had had it as a desktop for 2 years while I think about it and I am still not sure.
I have also seen another tat which is beautiful and I may well have, but it is not kid related, so that would mean 2 more tats, which is more than I plan on. I have one already which got disfigured by pregnancies, so I may look for a way to cover that instead.

Hard to decide what to have though!

I spend hours let looking at tats online and choosing my next one (don't have any and never will) its just another of my procrastination techniques :) if I was to ever get a piece id like a big huge side piece, starting around chest level down to hip. Big floral piece tonnes of bright colour and detail. I love tattoos, miami ink is another of my guilty pleasures in life :) xxxxx

Hi, I was drawn into reading your diary from the title. Love it. I felt like a bouncy castle at the start of Cambridge. Especially as the other half loved to wobble my wobbly bits. I read all the way through. Gotta say you are doing amazingly well. Very inspirational :)
I got a new tattoo to celebrate my 3stone loss. Currently designing one now I've reached 5 st. fab way to remember why it's there and for the weight never to go back on again.
I look forward to reading more of your journey x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back