Deflating the Bouncy Castle

oh, i didn't say - I went to see my mate record his show, and when he met us afterwards and we were walking to the green room, he just turned round and said 'so - how much have you done?' meaning lost. It's so not his style to be complimentary, but I just knew he was impressed - and i looked fabulous in my cherries dress. Loads of cleavage!

Then next morning i saw he'd sent me an email that night saying 'so much i could say, but I won't'. Which might not sound like much, but trust me - he was really bowled over. AND I was wrong, and he's only lost 6.5 stone to date. which is loads, obv - but I thought he'd lost eight.

That all sounds a bit competitive and not very 'friendly', i suspect. We are friends. But in a prickly, odd sort of way. we have our emotionally truthful, deep and meaningful conversations etc... but at the moment it is a little bit strained. It'll bounce back.

Competition with friends can be a good thing. You've both done really well. It will be interesting to see how your friends reaction in a few more months. ( do forgive the typos! I'm even worse when I use the iPad!) will be interesting to know how you will feel too.

Hey Spangles,

I have just finished reading your fantastical diary -I started last night after three hours of undisturbed lying in bed staring at the ceiling, oh the joys of Week 1!- it is sooo inspiring!!

I just have to say that you are gorgeous regardless of the weight loss. I too live in south London and have a rather healthy love of all things 50's.

It is terribly sad that you are not enjoying your current school. A lot of my friends and most of my family teach and in the past they have always highlighted the difficulties they faced when get 'trapped' in a badly run school. What is remarkable to me is that you have managed to maintain this diet and such a demanding role simultaneously.

You are a tribute to all things womanly! xx

thanks, my lovely south londonite!

i think i am discovering, through minimins really, that I am a strong person. Strong willed and single minded.

I'd always thought i was a bit weak and feeble, because i tend to quit things and haven't had a lot of successes. I suppose though, that the things i've been trying were just too hard.

But also... I don't have a lot of choice. I have to stay in this job, and I have to stay on this diet. Because if I don't, there will be no first step on the housing ladder and there will be no baby. I have no more time to play with.

And I thoroughly believe you can do it. You can add another cheer to your team!x

Plus I have pcos so trying to loose weight for babies too.

Just 1.75lbs off this week - which is 7lbs over two weeks. Fine, not very exciting, but fine.

Last week i did my own weigh in, and i now see why it was so good. my scales are currently weighing 4lbs lighter than hers! which is confusing, to say the least. i assume the problem is with mine. anyway, no harm done - i'll go by hers.

Oh! Spangles! You are truly amazing! I find myself missing you when I log in and I on't see an updated post from you! I admire your resolve, your focus! I can completely understand you sticking to the job as I've done the same. Loved the colleagues, the clients but the politics in my job were draining. Though in the public sector I imagine the stress on you is tenfold.
Last Wednesday my children went to school because they're are fortunate to attend a fee paying school. My friends kids go to state school and inevitably there were complaints. I found myself the lone voice for teachers and why they felt the need to strike.! I think teachers are underpaid and undervalued due to politics involved and get in the way of their jobs! That comes from a fee paying parent the stereotype who are renowned to complain!

Whoops! Sorry went off on. Tangent! Day 3 and I binged! Ping bak to re-read your diary gin!! Argh!!!!!! Well one you though!

Thanks for the support. I appreciate why the strike wasn't universally popular, and I just wrote a long explanation and deleted it (and then wrote another one and deleted that). Minimins is not the place for politics.

tbh, the pensions thing is insulting and unjust and exploitative, but it will become a non-issue when changes to working conditions make teachers leave the profession or work themselves into an early grave.

Well said!! I'm still trying to get my head around work to rule!!!

I think that this is just a taste of the future for all public sector workers, we will get squeezed further and further, more for less...yada yada yada.

I think it's bloody disgusting, but if you work to rule in my organisation, you end up on the wrong side of performance monitoring. You get a 3, which is basicially a "pull your socks up this year or next year, you'll get your P45" Each year we are forced to perform above and beyond. I am grateful to have a job, so I mostly grit my teeth and bear it, but this thing about the budgets knocks me sick. ROBBING B's.

Anyway - 7lb over 2 weeks, thats ace half a stone mrs! Have you got a recent pic to show us?

same thing with the '3' here, with regards perf mgt. That's what the evil head tried to over-rule my line manager and grade this year's performance management at - which would have meant i couldn't apply to go on to the second pay scale for another two years.

you see there's politics, and then my head being completely vile.

no recent photos. maybe after the weekend.

in other news, my relatively new scales from john lewis seem to have broken. they wouldn't stop on a number this morning at all.

They may be confused from all your amazing losses x

Hah! I tried them again later and they were fine.

Hi Spangles, Its taken me 2 days (in between work!) to get through all your diary and I'm really glad I did. You've done amazingly well and are a huge inspiration to people like me just starting out. I really admire how hard you have worked to get where you are now and you look fantastic for it.

I also LOOOOVE your style, my first treat to myself is going to be a size 18 rockabilly dress (I'm at 22 now so a bit of a way to go!). I have a one now that I adore and the only down side of losing weight will be all lovely clothes in bigger sizes :(.. but I still look forward to getting them in smaller sizes!

Good luck with your journey and I wish you luck with your IVF when it comes time xxx

Thank you, kitten.

I recommend ebay for second hand rockabilly stuff, and also cheap chinese imports. Doesn't make sense to spend too much if you're going to pass through the sizes in a few weeks. Then back on ebay afterwards to recoup some of your expenditure. I have stacks and stacks of stuff to ebay now, but it's too late for the pre-xmas sales now, so i'll leave it til spring when people have got a bit more frock money than just after xmas.

Been having a browse on there all afternoon ;)
Got my eye on a couple for less than £30 which will do for now, I'm really tight aswell so even spending that on a smaller size dress will motivate me more to get to that size!
I find even the 2nd hand stuff sells for quite alot on there too so fingers crossed I'll get a fair bit back when I do eventually shrink out of them ^_^

I'll be ebaying a load after Xmas too, hopefully my net at home will be running then and I have some lovely dress that I haven't worn in years even thou they're my size, plus size sells great on there too I think so it'll help me recover from the christmas spending!

I have the dress you're wearing in that photo! How funny! Too big now, of course.

Haha I love it! Only worn it once, better wear it over Xmas as its loose already so might not get much more wear from it :(

Back