Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Ha, you don't want to visit me then. We have 7 dogs although none of them drool and we have a large house so plenty of room :)

One can only hope. Fingers very crossed!

I don't think I'm really a 14 yet. For a start this dress was sleeveless - my upper arms have always been enorme. And it is stretchy. But that said, I comfortably had room to wear leggings under my size 16 sainsburys cords yesterday, so I'm a safe size 16.

AND when I went bra shopping yesterday, it turns out I've gone down two cup sizes, which is excellent. Was 34JJ, now 34HH. Gives me so much more choice of style! Would love to end up a G cup - there's so much choice then!!!

wow, brilliant!

You have done so, so well. Its blimmin amazing!

ok - a day late and my weightloss for the week was a barely respectable 3lbs. which, added to last week's disappointing 2lbs makes me 2lbs short for my monthly stone. Gutted, really.

I do know it's better than a gain, and 12lbs is bloody loads to lose in a month on the rest of planet weightloss... but to lose under a stone on a month where i've had to go without so much and it's been so hard is so cruel.

it's no consolation at all to know it's more than other people have lost, or that they've gained. They've had pleasure and reward and enjoyment. I've been freezing cold with my husband's family and f*cking foodpacks. and i've lost less than average for two weeks running, and less than average for the month. I just know there will be people on the boards who lost their stone and still ate.

i'm pretty f*cking tearful, tbh. :(

I know how that feels Spangles as my losses seem so much slower than everyone else and it seriously p****s me off when everyone else seems to lose more than me. I started at the same time as someone at work who is doing LL and she lost a whole f*****g stone more than me in the time we've been on it. I was barely making it over 2lbs per week for the last God knows how many weeks and was lucky to get 10lbs off a month recently. Just our bodies not playing ball although mine was pretty bloody quick to gain during my Xmas week off. In better news you've dipped below BMI 35 and that has to be a positive thing, yes? Less than 5 BMI points to go before you reach your 'eligible for IVF' target and that must surely spur you on? You were a country mile away from that target when you started but it must seem pretty damn close now does it not, despite the annoyance you feel now?

yeah. it does. i'm just worried about the timing of the seven week refeed having to be too soon. maybe i could spend my holiday running around manhatten!

Does it really have to be a 7 week refeed?

Does it really have to be a 7 week refeed?

minimum seven weeks, apparently. I think the LL one is a similar length. It makes sense and i think is probably the most important phase of the diet in terms of not regaining. Certainly it seems a lot of the people who return say that they didn't do the steps properly. In fact i've never seen one who says they did the steps fully (although, they may not be mentioning it).

lighter life 'route to management' appears to be 12 weeks.

spangles said:
ok - a day late and my weightloss for the week was a barely respectable 3lbs. which, added to last week's disappointing 2lbs makes me 2lbs short for my monthly stone. Gutted, really.

I do know it's better than a gain, and 12lbs is bloody loads to lose in a month on the rest of planet weightloss... but to lose under a stone on a month where i've had to go without so much and it's been so hard is so cruel.

it's no consolation at all to know it's more than other people have lost, or that they've gained. They've had pleasure and reward and enjoyment. I've been freezing cold with my husband's family and f*cking foodpacks. and i've lost less than average for two weeks running, and less than average for the month. I just know there will be people on the boards who lost their stone and still ate.

i'm pretty f*cking tearful, tbh. :(

Oh god honey! Don't despair, if memory serves me correctly are you getting close to another add a meal week? If so, then this is what happens. It slows down a pace because you have just lost a heck of a stack of timber and your body is playing catch up, when is you add that food, week later you will be on fire again!

I know how poop it is, I'm doing SS+ and it's a job to stay on track but you are doing great! There is always time for more eating the same old Christmas crap, you didn't miss out! It's all good honey, now, eyes on the prize and big up yourself for your undeniable impenetrable spirits!

Cheer up Spangles, I think you have done amazingly. I know its rubbish that you have gone without throughout xmas and don't see that you have done well, but you have. And, whats one xmas when this time next year you could be pregnant - and then you won't want to eat and you won't be drinking anyway. Its all worth it in the end - xmas is one day, a baby is for life. You can always have a mid year xmas meal to celebrate hitting target or starting IVF.

You could just ignore me as I have behaved appalling over xmas, but believe me, you have totally got my respect! :)

I'm feeling the same. I've stuck to plan, had my 810 week and this month I've lost less than 5lbs!!!! I just don't understand why. I also feel rather ***** about it but am trying to push through another week, if still no good then I really think I'm going to have to explore other options. I still have 2 stone to lose and could have done 5lbs on slimming world and been warm and joined in with the celebrations :( so hugs, least someone else is feeling it too x

CD journey. -11.1, -3.5, -2.6, -2, -5.7, -3.8, -2.4, -3

nat - next 810 week would be in five weeks, but I only have two weeks after that until i have to start stepping up, so if i can, i'll SS through the extra three weeks, rather than yo-yo up and down.

egbert - don't talk daft. not going to ignore you cos you tell me good things and make me see stuff differently.

Rkmriddell - You poor, poor thing. what does your CDC say? the week after 810 is sometimes a good one, though.

It's rubbish and cr@p and everything in between, hunni. :hug99: But, as you know only too well, just the way things go on this diet. You will be rewarded for staying on plan, okay? Yes, we'll probably read posts from folks who ate all kinds of stuff and still lost 5 pounds this week (grrrr!!!) but they'll get their comeuppance later - they'll be the same folks who'll be posting, "I don't understand it - I've been 100% good since Christmas and I've gained a pound!" a fortnight from now. Cos that's how it goes. :rolleyes:

Stay strong babe. We're all so proud of you for sticking with it. You're my thinspiration right now, okay?

Last edited:
I'm feeling the same. I've stuck to plan, had my 810 week and this month I've lost less than 5lbs!!!! I just don't understand why. I also feel rather ***** about it but am trying to push through another week, if still no good then I really think I'm going to have to explore other options. I still have 2 stone to lose and could have done 5lbs on slimming world and been warm and joined in with the celebrations :( so hugs, least someone else is feeling it too x

Feel for you - but you know, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have lost 5 pounds on SW. Eating Christmas bits and pieces would've led to you eating more than you meant to, I'm pretty sure about that.

Now, look at the bigger picture - you've lost 3 stones in exactly 3 months! That's spot on - exactly what you should expect to lose on Cambridge in 3 months.

So I'm going to give you a round of applause instead, okay?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

spangles said:
nat - next 810 week would be in five weeks, but I only have two weeks after that until i have to start stepping up, so if i can, i'll SS through the extra three weeks, rather than yo-yo up and down.

egbert - don't talk daft. not going to ignore you cos you tell me good things and make me see stuff differently.

Rkmriddell - You poor, poor thing. what does your CDC say? the week after 810 is sometimes a good one, though.

I lost 0.5. 1.75, 1.5 and then 1 and didn't see her for the 4th WI due to Xmas... I compared our scales last week though. First was totm, then she said maybe I was plateauing and to move up to ss+ so I did, then to 810 last week as that was week 12. I'm back down to ss/ss+ today. Feeling sorry for myself so tucked up in bed munching a frozen choc tetra... Extra shake today but better that than the chops that are all round the house. I'm just hoping and praying it sorts itself next week as its getting so hard to stay strong with the cold, the season etc. see what happens next week eh!!! Am sure you'll have another monster week soon and will exceed your target next month :) stay strong.... Your diary really does keep me focused xxx

Spangles I've just been reading your diary and I am so impressed with what you have achieved so far. You are truly inspirational. The dedication and strength of character you have shown is amazing. I note that you are disappointed in your loss this month so I just wanted to remind you of the great work you have done.

I will be keeping my eye on you ;). All the best Mel xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

This post is about poo. You have been warned. It is not coy.

This post is about poo. You have been warned. It is not coy.

So, normally I don't suffer from the constipation common on a vlcd. For the last ten years ago i've tended to the runs - especially when eating dairy or fatty food (did it stop me eating pizza? did it f*ck...) - and that's kinda carried on during CD.

Anyway, I keep a mental note of when i've had a poo on CD and it's rarely gone past two days. And it's usually pretty loose. I've had to take senakot twice. But I quite often find i get the urge to go after a liquid pack, and i always try to capitalise on that, cos if i wait it goes away and then who knows how long it'll be til next time.

So this week I was kinda feeling a bit heavy in my lower abdomen, but also, I was having some loose poos most days, so I assumed I was fine. Anyway, just now I went for a wee and realised - as you do - that there was a poo coming. A proper, solid poo. So I think 'woohoo' (cos everything that leaves your body is weight lost, right?) - but honest to Jarvis, it did *not* stop coming. Veterans of CD will know that there just isn't that much being passed through, cos there's so little going in, but my-oh-my... I wish I'd timed it. I got up and looked before I dropped the loo roll in and it had covered the whole area of the loo floor, as it were. Which for a solid CD poo is monumental.

ANYWAY - I'm dead chuffed. I feel so much lighter, and can't wait for tomorrow morning and a weigh in.

Reckon it's those slim and save mealpacks I've been having. Took a while for my system to adjust and they're more bulky anyway. But fancy you can be constipated and have the runs at the same time! Who knew?!

:D

Hi Spangles, I hope you don't mind me intruding but I've been reading your diary and I'd just like to say what an inspiration you are. I know you've had a rough christmas but you've been doing sooooo well sticking to plan over the (not so) festive season. You've shown such strength of character and it'll all be sooo worth it when you get your IVF. I wanted to do Cambridge but I have to take medication for a chronic condition so couldn't get medical permission. Anyone who does a VLCD has my admiration I have to say.

Keep up the good work hunni.
BTW loved the poo post - wowser:D:D:D!

Last edited:
Back