Deflating the Bouncy Castle

jessicacaca said:
Did you enjoy them? Did you want more?? Did it make you hungry???

Tara, where have you beed? Xx

I beed here. Just quiet :) x

Well done, you have done fantastically. Feels good to get your BMi down! Half a stone is fab too. :)

I am a plate clearer, we have spent years drumming in that people are starving and we must not waste food! I tell my kids the same, and then have to correct myself and tell them they have to eat till they are full. We went out to buy smaller plates to make portions look smaller, but Oh then just had more servings. Hence us both now being on CD! *sigh*

so - despite still feeling really full of prawns, this morning i did one of the stupid ketostix and i'm still in ketosis. also, the scales were even down a smidge. Half a pound or so.

it's weird, cos the amount of prawny goodness you get on 810 is huge (would be rubbish for learning portion control, tbh), and it's odd to think that it hasn't stuffed up the whole process.

anyway, this morning i have had my yoghurt allowance with water flavouring - although i discovered when i went to mix the flavouring in that our stupid fridge had frozen it. Cue, after a bit of mixing, a brekkie of frozen yoghurt. which would have been lovely but for the shade too much water flavouring i manage to put in it. easily done that. you only need a teeny-teeny amount.

I was going to go out for a longish walk today - charity shop to drop off all my too big stuff, and then into brixton to see about getting my blonde stripe touched up and a trim... but until it stops peeing down out there, i'm staying in bed, as the lord of half terms intended.

Prawns are ketosis friendly, so you could eat 6 kgs and still be in k.d.lang

Haha that is one of the funniest auto corrects ever, what I wanted to say was you'd still be in ketosis...

that's utterly fab.

k.d.lang is my primary concern, really - don't want to be struggling to get back into k.d.lang when i'm back at work!

I've also decided, pretty quickly based on yesterday, that i won't do my second 810 week in january. I have to start stepping up three weeks later anyway, so i'll run the next 15 weeks on SS, which hopefully won't do any serious harm, and then start stepping up for the seven weeks before my holiday.

And please Dawkins may I be at goal by then!

Of course, if my weightloss grinds to a halt before then, i reserve the right to change my mind, obv.

What dya have for dinner? I had mine way too early and I'm hungry booo

prawns again (they would've gone off). i had it for lunch, though - didn't like the feeling of all that food in my tummy at bedtime yesterday. i enjoyed them more today, so good thing there are no more prawns. can't be getting a taste for things. i think it's chicken tomorrow, use by dates dictate. and a teeny portion of broccoli.

so, a sneaky weigh in this morning sees me over 3lbs down since tuesday (2 days). not what i was expecting at all! Obviously i'm not complaining. I think, and it's just my own theory, that our bodies go through phases where they want to shed weight and phases where they don't so much. And although calorie intake is part of that, the two are not entirely correlated.

anyway, have just had my meal (even earlier lunch today - i feel the need to just get the food thing out of the way), and chicken breast with broccoli was a good choice. Despite the organic, free-range, waitrosey nature of the hen, it was not what you'd call a flavourful experience. bland, and a bit of a chore to chomp through, despite (oops) the portion being a fair bit smaller than recommended. Good. I found myself yesterday running my finger over the prawn plate to get the last of their tasty juices. Not helpful when you're trying to abstain from food.

anyway, chicken again tomorrow, quorn on saturday (no idea how one cooks quorn mince - does it dry fry, do you think?) then omelettes on sunday and after work on monday. Done.

I'm really worried i'm going to miss food after that, though. Really, really worried.

Tonight i go out to a cocktail bar for my mate's birthday - home of the two-for-one happy hour. i shall be drinking water.

Photo: last time we went. Twofer goodness!

Attachments

• 303879_10150434941200712_726445711_10390191_727684229_n.jpg
    303879_10150434941200712_726445711_10390191_727684229_n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 201
Hello! I found you over here. I have just spent my commute home reading your entire diary!

Everyone has such a different journey - but luckily the destination seem to be the same.

Im very jealous of your NYC trip - I love the US (and due to our impending wedding, holidays are banned for us next year!)

spangles said:
last time we went. Twofer goodness!

Two is always good, I have to say, I cannot wait to have a cocktail again - I'm sure I had cosmo withdrawal at the beginning of this diet :)

Yep fry quorn mince hon x

Blimey JayelleKay - what a marathon read.

Right, so i'm home from my night out. it was lovely. Have a gratuitous photo:

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 198
Glad you had fun. The odd night out is a necessity to make you feel good I think!

Your 1st 12 weeks without a cheat is amazing too! A real accomplishment. Be very proud!

thanks, egbert. would've enjoyed it a zillion times more with a few litres of expertly blended fruit juice and booze, though. Notable in that photo, how much more sober i look than my mate.

Ok, today i have a headache. I should have my chickeny boredom-lunch soon, but i don't fany it at all. tschh! it goes hard against what little food sense i have, to force myself to eat when i have no appetite...

thanks, and yes - just ate my fourth meal. the smaller of the two chcken breasts in the pack was only 130g (52% of the recommended portion) and i've been 'under' on protein all week, so i added 75g of quorn mince (which would've been leftover from tomorrow's serving). It's still under the recommended protein by about 25% but better than it would otherwise have been. I also sprinkled on some reduced salt marigold bouillon powder, which i've read elsewhere isn't too bad, to give it some flavour as i was dry frying the chopped up chicken and quorn. it was... ok. not so oppressive as yesterday's endless chomping of chicken breast.

period started today so i had to get some food down me so that i could take a paracetamol. feel like my womb is being scraped out with a teaspoon.:cry:

right - well yesterday i felt my resolve was very weak. i wasn't hungry, but i was obsessed by thinking 'what am i going to eat next?' - a feeling which unhelpfully continued after i'd eaten my last thing.

if i have another day like that today, i'm going to curtail 810 week 2 days early. I CANNOT RISK falling off the wagon, because it isn't the fall - it's the fear of not getting back on... or getting back on it, but not securely, and spending the next five months fighting my food obsession.

edit - also, that initial loss on the scales has disappeared, and i'm now couple of lbs above my weight last tuesday morning. not too worried about that. I haven't gone over 810 all week (and sometimes under) it must be water - can't be anything else.

That's a good idea. Best to go back to SS if you're struggling.
As you say - any gain has to be water - keep with it. This experience of food will help you long term. As its you're first test.

Have you thought much about how you're going to deal with the temptation of food once you're at goal?
I would recommend the Beck solution if you haven't read it already. I definitely put my maintenance success earlier this year down to the book.

Back