Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Well done on losing a pound! What's even better is that you stayed in ketosis!!!

I always thought, don't ask me why, that when we are doing the 810 week you can't remain in ketosis. It's good to know that it is possible to remain in ketosis (& keep the hunger pangs at bay) as long as one is careful.

Well done on losing a pound! What's even better is that you stayed in ketosis!!!

I always thought, don't ask me why, that when we are doing the 810 week you can't remain in ketosis. It's good to know that it is possible to remain in ketosis (& keep the hunger pangs at bay) as long as one is careful.
yup solidly in ketosis, but i was super careful with the veg. It feels very odd to be weighing cucumber, for example - because you know it has almost no kcals. The book says 45g, and that's what i stuck to - which is about an inch of cucumber. I know from reading the 810 meal ideas thread that many people, if not most, are quite liberal with their veg servings, and i bet most stay in ketosis... but as with everything on this diet i am motivated by sheer fear of messing it up, so i played exactly by the rules.

no chance of staying in keto on the 1000 tho, cos then you get 40g of rice / couscous etc, plus 150 cals of fruit a day!

Inspired by my new Caro Emerald obsession, I've been thinking about bodies I aspire to...

So, starting with Ms Emerald herself:
caroemerald.png

Nigella:
nigella-lawson-415x289.jpg

Ana Matronic (Scissor Sisters):
884098-ana-matronic-sister-scissors.jpg

And lastly, Christina Hendricks:
Chritina_Hendricks_10lbs.jpg

(though she manages never to carry weight on her arms - nice trick!)

And apart from CH, I wouldn't describe any of them as slim. Do you think that's ok? Someone said to me the other day that most people, when they get closer to goal, decide to lose more. And I've been really wondering about that.

These, mostly size 14 (-16?) women just shout 'gorgeous' to me. And I really and truly, at the moment at least, think they're more attractive than someone like Cheryl Cole. But I bet all of them (even CH?) are above BMI 25 in these photos.

Is my brain wrong? Why don't i want to be thin?

Your brain's not wrong. I fully agree, I would rather be a Nigella than a Cheryl and if anyone isn't happy with that it's their own opinion! As long as we're happy with ourselves that's what counts, and I know that's why I'm on this diet, to be happy with ME.

You go girl :)

Totally agree with Everything you said!!! Excellently said and well put!!!! X

i think that part of it is you have the advantage of an hourglass figure, which means that you will look amazing at that size and don't need to go lower.

i always thought i'd be happy to stop at a size 14, the trouble is that i'm still an evil apple shape with a disproportionately large stomach. i don't feel the need to lose weight anywhere else anymore, but it seems that the only way to reduce my stomach is to reduce my size overall. so i'm going to carry on for a bit more and fingers crossed it'll be ok at a size 12.

i can't possibly imagine being a size 10 and have no intention of trying to get there.

Okay - so long as it's not just me!

I *am* lucky with my shape - though apples tend to have less tree trunky legs, weight for weight.

Also should say, i don't think there's anything wrong at all with wanting to be properly slim. Some of my best friends are slim!;)

I love Nigella's shape, but I guess a lot has to do with the fact that she is just beautiful on the face. These women seem tall too, which helps I guess, I think more chunky small women don't look as nice. And of course I agree with the fact that once you have a waist, you look much slimmer that someone the same weight but with a thick waist. I really disliked my huge stomach at 209 pounds. I have a tendency to like very slim women, but I know I wouldn't look good and wouldn't have slim legs even at 121 and I'm fine with it. So choose your path, choose your silhouette and be happy with it ;)

I am fully with you, all of those women are super hot! Could almost turn me.....!

spangles - yes i am lucky that i never have to worry about my arse! every shape has a disadvantage, i wouldn't want to be a pear either...

part of not wanting to be v. slim is i just don't think it's maintainable for me. was getting lunch (well, coke zero) with one of my v. slim friends the other day and she was carefully choosing something low cal. i don't want to have to do that every single day for the rest of my life. i hope to be able to get by on an everything in moderation plus some exercise approach.

I think exercise helps too.

A nice size 16 body that is toned looks so much better (in my opinion) than someone who is a 12 and is a bit 'flabby'.

It can depend on your natural body shape, but I think the gym (and some well styled clothes) can definitely help trick the eye! :)

ok, well today i have been starving hungry all day, freezing cold, have a little headache brewing, and just burst into tears because getting home after a union meeting i discovered that the digibox didn't record "Strictly come dancing: it takes two", AND there's some f*cking stupid football match on all night. If i'd known about either thing i'd have brought home my work laptop (as i do almost every night) so i could watch iplayer in the bedroom, but i didn't, and my own laptop needs a new soundcard, so i've just got to put up with it.

Don't get me wrong - I know "...It takes two" is silly and rubbishy, but i'm utterly fed up and bleak about what teaching is becoming, and i really needed a nice half hour of loveliness before the effing stupid football.

anyway, despite seeming to have stayed in ketosis during 810 week, it feels decided like i'm going into it again today. perhaps i was only barely in it, and now i'm going in further?

Anyway, seems rather like

To be fair most size 14-16s don't come out the pan quite like that, but I agree those there ladies have stunning figures. And I reckon with your natural body type you'll slim into a shape like that.

I'd hate to be stick thin myself and have always been curvy, my boobs have currently gone awol but im still 36*31*37 so I guess thats curvy still?

I'd deffo prefer to have the figure of number 3, flat tummy, toned all over but cuuuurvy :D

Attachments

• majthreegirls_wideweb__470x393,0.jpg
    majthreegirls_wideweb__470x393,0.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 118
Poor you, sounds like proper week 1 all over again! I didn't think there were 'levels' of ketosis, just in or out? You must still be in but i guess your body is just adjusting to the changes again. Hope you get a good nights kip and have a beter day tomoz.

Ooh I know, why not cheer yourself up with a mini online shop, don't need a soundcard for that and you do deserve a prize for making it through 810 and also you've lost over 50lbs! Lets go SHOPPPPPPPING?!?
xx

oh Vi - you know me too well! WHAT a good idea. xxxxxxxx

will report back.

I think those women look lovely, but they have tone or are tall - BUT I was a size 16-18, , shorter, flabby and all the photos just made me look thick set. Now I am a 12-14, the tummy is flabby but the shape is back, I have a waist - I am much happier. I don't think I could be a 10, but I am going to get there, so I can put a bit on and settle at 12. But - toning still required on arms, legs, tum . . . well, pretty much everywhere except my skull. ;)

Boo Spangles, what a pants day. Hope a bit of retail therapy makes you feel better, you are so positive the rest of the time it is bound to take its toll at some point xx

Back