Deflating the Bouncy Castle

shrinkin'violet said:
My eyelids are nicely toned, thats about it though :/

Love this!

Haha, I think photoshop may have a hand in some of those pictures and the lack of bingo wingage, on mad men christina also has the benefit of good lighting (which can take a good few pounds off) and good camera angles and the power of retouching, did you see nigella in the burkini? Though they are all indisputedly awesome and hot, they are all also over 5 9 for sure.

True story, I was once told I look like anna matronic and florence welsh's fat half sister....yes I did dish out a verbal slap to the cretin that said it before you ask. They are both damn fine ladies, but to say I was their fat sister - that was uncalled for.

Whats the sitch at work and what are you going to buy? I am headed for a pre 9pm bedtime slot after I found out what sleep deprivation does to ghrelin and cortisol production. GRrrr

BTW - only anna matronic looks like she is above BMI 25...CH just has enormoboobs and legs forever and Caro Emerald is tiny, but has a bit of a muffin top/thick waist, though I bet in a waspie belt that looks tiny too. I bet CH is about 23 and CE is about 22.

yeah - maybe. I forget how much bmi is affected by height.

Today my obsession is clothes. I have a friend and he got a bit funny over the summer and stopped talking to a great chunk of his friends including me. That makes it sound really rude - it wasn't really, he's just unhappy about a lot of things and wanted to concentrate on areas of his life that he felt more secure about. Fair enough.

Anyway, he started Atkinsing last January, and last I spoke to him, he'd lost 80 pounds (he started at 24 stone - reckon he's about 18st now... stopped losing I think.). I hadn't started my diet. A few weeks ago, out of the blue he emailed a couple of us and asked us to come and see him in a show he's doing. Not chatty at all, but opening the lines of communication, and we'll hopefully chat in the green room after. It's on 29th November. Now, I want to look FABULOUS. I'm known in that social circle as wearing fantastic clothes, and anyway, he hasn't seen me and hopefully i'll be 4 stone down by then.

BUT - what the hell am I going to wear? It has to be something I can concievably have worn to work, cos i'm going straight after (probably will change, but can't look too dressy). I hope i'll be a safe size 18 by then... but I just don't know. There are dresses I could buy, but it seems wasteful spending £50 on a frock that'll be too big soon - especially if it ends up being too big or too small by the end of November...!

ARGH

On the surface i'm quite a chotic person, but i'm guessing through my attitude to the diet, you guys will understand that i'm also a real control freak about some stuff. and this is some of that stuff.

Not really looking for suggestions - and i suspect the answer is to go to a real, actual shop (as opposed to the internet) and try something on the saturday before (we go on the tuesday). I think i'm just venting here. It's very odd not to have a wardrobe rammed with fanstastic outfits (well i do, but they're huge), or failing that, to have hunted down and secured the perfect thing a month in advance.

:eek:

I would offer you some of my clothes - I started at size 18 - but I don't have anything fabulous or dressy. What sort of thing do you like? Clingy or otherwise. Actually, maybe thats not a bad idea, when I get round to sorting my old stuff out in 2 weeks, I can send some your way if you want, if any of it is worth passing on and not binning for rags.

Just read that and realised I make myself sound like I dress like a tramp :(

LOL

I am just a jeans and tshirt kinda girl normally.

I just have to say I have sat here and read through your diary and absolutely loved it! Very inspirational :) xxx

Thanks!

bless you egbert! I tend to wear a lot of red and black, retro (fifties) styled things. Either clingy-ish, or full skirts. Rather like that short wedding dress you were considering to start with. Imagining most people don't have a lot of that stuff hanging around... tho if i'm wrong, please, please tell me, and i'll snap up your stuff! I'm keeping an eye on ebay though, and if it comes to it, I'll just buy something new - i don't need much encouragement!

Right, well I just discovered that I have marked my GCSE books after all. Hometime!

(also, rockabilly clothes in larger sizes sell well on ebay: in the past i've even ended up making a profit on my old clothes! So if I do buy new i can sell it on after.)

just read your diary, and loved it! what an inspiration you are!

thanks!

Love your Dr Seuss quote - we had that poem as a reading at our wedding!

I am afraid I have no clothes like that. I am very much a Next girl. Boring really. I am planning in tryng to be more girlie and wear more dresses once I am at target and start clothes shopping. A whole new me!

yay! I love that. reinvent your look - it's so exciting - and much easier when you're slimmer. woo hoo!

ooh - brilliant, Illa - thanks.

Most of it is british, but i didn't know all the brands, and just bought some fabulously trashy jewellery. made my day!

Oh My God, that website is 'Mazen!!
x

I *know*...! and it's so cheap!

Oh, now look... I have to get to goal cos I've bought two size 14 dresses in the sale!

tbf, one I have now in the 16 and it's wearable at the moment (i'm an 18-20), so the 14 will definitely fit before i get to goal. The other i'm taking a punt on being a little stretchy... that, and the power of magic knickers.

This is the one that might be dodgy, size-wise... but I can't resist ladybird dots:
resize.asp

and this one for work, which i already have in black with red dots (negative ladybird!), in a very generous 16:
resize.asp

oh, and this cute hairclip (to make up the value of my credit note):
resize.asp

Love it all. Have spent the last hour looking at vintage rockabilly clothing, I am obsessed with pencil skirts and dresses! x

welcome to my life. i have a serious, serious Collectif habit.

Speaking of which, I was rooting through my wardrobe to find the size 16 work dress to try on, so I could gauge how big the 14 would be - and I rediscovered a very old collectif frock that will, I think, be perfect for going to my mate's show. I used to wear it as a smock when i was on my way up the sizes, then i got too big even for that, so it was put away. Now, trying it on - it looks like a cute short (2-3 inches above the knee!) dress. Not sure I'll ever have the legs for short dresses, but a good pair of black tights and a push-up bra, and no one will look too closely. I hope.

Here it is worn as a smock - it looks much less 'toddler-y' now:

6452_127391639250_539759250_3036245_1082240_n.jpg

Of course, if i suddenly shrink more than i have been between now and the end of the month, i'll just have to buy something else... ;)

Back