Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Probably not the place to discuss pensions, but at least the public sector workers do and still will get a decent pension at the end of the day. I'm in the private sector and will need to build up an enormous pension pot (something like 3 times the value of my house!) to get me a half decent pension on retirement. And it's no different re the performance reviews. A 'middle' grading = no pay increase, and unless you do many, many more than your contracted hours (I probably average 60 hours plus a week currently) you don't get more than a middle grading.

i think it's terrible, i do. i don't see why more private sector workers aren't unionised - it's the only reason the public sector has what it does. you have to stand up and shout or employers will exploit.

Ah but we do have a union, they're just pretty powerless and people are sh1t scared to lose their jobs. With people being got rid of right left and centre and being replaced by offshore workers costing a fraction of a UK worker it's a truly justified worry. Let's wait until so much of the country's workforce are out of jobs and no one is paying taxes shall we and then no one will be able to afford to buy what my company sells anyway.

So this afternoon i went to the opening of the new Cllectif store at spitalfields. They did mini makeovers so I had my hair done in victory rolls, and I bought two new frocks. I wasn't sure between an 18 and a 16 (they're for xmas/new year) so i wanted to take both sizes. But the darker one they only had the 18. I tried it on and it was loose. No good - rockabilly pencil dresses should be clingy. So the assistant suggested i try the 14. And it fitted! (ish) - will be fine by new year.

I'm not kidding myself, it's a very BIG 14... but fink me, I'm chuffed!

You can see in the pic there's a big bulge caused by my apron-belly, but good pants should help.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 235
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 248
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 244
Hey spangles I'm the size of you at the moment need to fit in size 12 got to loose 17 lbs to reach my goal

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I nearly pee'd my pants then....YOU LOOK SO HOT...I bet your husband is BLINDSIDED. OMG....

How blinking amazing.

WOW lady, that is one hot mama!!!!

Loving the dress and congrats at the size 14, when I reach smaller sizes I am going to wear the labels on the outside rather than cutting them out in fear of anyone seeing. :D

Stunning!! I'm smiling from ear to ear for you! It will be very comfortable if not loose 14 by Christmas/New year!

Hey spangles I'm the size of you at the moment need to fit in size 12 got to loose 17 lbs to reach my goal

ooh, blimey - i'm not *actually* a size 14! It's freaky sizing, y'know? I have size eighteens that won't do up around my boobs yet!

I nearly pee'd my pants then....YOU LOOK SO HOT...I bet your husband is BLINDSIDED. OMG....

How blinking amazing.

oh Nat, my husband doesn't care a jot. Not interested. zip, nada, zilch.

He was mildly amused/bemused by the fact that i brought home ANOTHER two collectif frocks, though.

Natwest sent me an annual banking review last month, and i spent more at collectif than i did on petrol for my car!

You look bloody amazing, you gorgeous girl I wish I had your confidence xx
yeah - i've always dressed in quite a brazen way - even at a size 24. it's a self-fulfilling cycle. if you dress like that, you get compliments, and the compliments give you the confidence to dress like that.

yeah - a bit. long bloody way to go, though, and i can't quite get my head round what i'll look like when i'm over 3 stone lighter...:eek:

Flippin' stunning!!! You have the most amazing figure.... Dita von teese here you come xx

spangles said:
ooh, blimey - i'm not *actually* a size 14! It's freaky sizing, y'know? I have size eighteens that won't do up around my boobs yet!

Lol hard job loosing boobs

At 3 stone lighter you'll still be curvy because that's the shape you are but your waist will be slimmer and should accentuate your boobs more as you'll lose the flabby bit underneath your boobs so there will be more definition :). You should also lose your tum and some bum and thighs. It's what happened to me when I did a VLCD before anyway. I started as a 42F and ended up as a 36F so my cup size didn't decrease but the flab around my back did quite a bit and I didn't have the flabby bits when I finished, just the curvy bits :).

You're looking great by the way. Such a difference between your starting photo and your photo now, but your overall shape which I know is important to you is still there, just a slimmer, healthier version of it.

You look fantastic, not only the weight loss but your hair and your skin just glow! Regardless of clothes sizes or comments from your man I hope you can look in the mirror and see how well you've done already xx

Back