Deflating the Bouncy Castle

I'd recommend the meals and they've just added a new one - chilli con carne :)

so - my last definite weigh-in before xmas (we're off to my husband's aunt's house today and i've no idea if she has scales) and I have just squeaked into the 13s. Which was mentally where I'd hoped to be on xmas day. Not with as much breathing space as i'd expected, but it'll do. Onwards and downwards - this SS train stops for no one!

Thanks girls.

Well, after long train journey I am at my aunt-in-law's house in Edinburgh. It's bloody freezing!

Scored loads of clothes in the Collectif 40% off promotion yesterday. All 16s and 14s (for later). Also planning to hit Edinburgh on boxing day for the sales. If I'm honest, those are the highlights. Don't really feel relaxed with his family, although they're lovely.

Yesterday explained that I wouldn't even be having Xmas dinner, and ppl were fine, although my MIL was a bit over-sympathetic. (sad voice) "ohhh, ohhh will ye not even have a wee bit? Not even Christmas dinner? Could ye not even have some o'that...?" which temptation is deeply unhelpful, even with my bloody-minded mentality. Wouldn't mind, but she's more into me having a baby than I am myself. Surely she has a vested interest in the diet working. Anyway, lovely husband uncharacteristically spoke up to support me, explaining about ketosis etc.

Last night I dreamed I'd absent-mindedly eaten some chocolate (I could even specify in my dream that it tasted like Lindt). It was a horrible dream. I don't want to mess this up. It's too important. I was really upset in the dream, and so relieved when I woke up to find out it wasn't true.

last week I kept having dreams that I accidentally ate loads!! in my dream I was so paranoid that I would eat and I did, funny though because I don't know about you but in real life I am hyper aware of every bit of food anywhere near me so know it couldn't happen!!

hope you have a nice Christmas and more importantly, a successful shopping trip on Monday!! hehe X

Lol I've had those kind of dreams - actually they are nightmares! Really scary! I'm sure u will be fine your willpower has been so amazing jus look at that sig!! X

I've had those sort of chocolate eating dreams too. Remember waking up all stressed about it until I realise that it's not real! :). Enjoy Christmas and the Edinburgh Sales xx

Well, I did it. One Christmas day complete and all that's passed my lips were three mealpacks and three and a bit litres of tap water. And you know what...?

It was really sh!t. Feel quite fed up. Not completely food related (I find staying with my inlaws quite a strain - lovely as they are Partly it's all the dogs. Three of them going in and out of the living room non stop all day. I'm not frightened of dogs but it's the dribble and the greasy residue and the smell that even clean dogs leave behind, mostly. Anyway. It's a strain. And on top of feeling that strain and having nothing to treat myself with, I'm watching all these people eating lovely food and quaffing champagne...

I feel very hard done by. Which is silly, really.

Shopping tomorrow.

Hang in there. Plenty of non food related treats coming up for you in the Boxing Day sales.

spangles said:
Well, I did it. One Christmas day complete and all that's passed my lips were three mealpacks and three and a bit litres of tap water. And you know what...?

It was really sh!t. Feel quite fed up. Not completely food related (I find staying with my inlaws quite a strain - lovely as they are Partly it's all the dogs. Three of them going in and out of the living room non stop all day. I'm not frightened of dogs but it's the dribble and the greasy residue and the smell that even clean dogs leave behind, mostly. Anyway. It's a strain. And on top of feeling that strain and having nothing to treat myself with, I'm watching all these people eating lovely food and quaffing champagne...

I feel very hard done by. Which is silly, really.

Shopping tomorrow.

This time of year is tough isn't it. I'm on 810 and stuck to it but every day is tough at the moment. Everyone around is telling me it won't hurt to have the few days off, all the good food and drink is out and to make it worse, the scales have been really really slow the last three weeks :( but.... It's only one Xmas, next year we will be able to enjoy it all but with the right choices and amounts whilst wearing lovely clothes and feeling good about ourselves. Stick with it Spangles, you're the one I know I can count on to do it with me and help me avoid home made chips, crusty rolls, turkey and pickles that we're all off to moms for today :/ xxx

CD journey. -11.1, -3.5, -2.6, -2, -5.7, -

Oh!! Spangles!! Well done!!! You know what?! You didn't really miss anything! I went off plan on Christmas Day and this morning I feel I am having a "food hangover"!! I feel yeuk!! Back on plan today and I have decided I will stick to plan on New Year's Eve!! Don't want to feel like this New Year's Day!

You'll be buzzing today because you stuck to your guns with the bonus of going shopping today!! I imagine the reason you felt worst yesterday is because spending time in company even very good company can be quite tiring and one does not completely relax. And how sweet of your lovely husband to speak out so full of support.

I am full of admiration and respect for at your resolve and determination. Your one amazing lady!

I can understand feeling deprived hun but u can actually envisage how you would feel. Like in your dream the other night. Really out yourself mentally there for a second an ask yourself how you'd feel if u had eaten all you wanted? I really really admire your strength and like Kira said its an awful feeling the morning after going off plan. We will all be joining you with 100% again x x x

Wow. That was just what I needed to read!

Rationally, I didn't want to eat, but you ladies have convinced me that I REALLY didn't. Good point about the dream too. And yes, visiting people is difficult. It doesn't help.

Next year I'm having Xmas at home with my husband. And nice food. And fizzy wine. Yes.

Precisely!

And if in doubt scroll back up through your own diary to remind yourself what you have achieved!

Xxx

Hi Spangles, just reading all the comments. Amazing how each of us has dealt with this so differently. You say you've been fed-up and not eating, well I was fed-up and eating! I've been off plan since Thursday and today re-start. I haven't had my tetra yet, saving it for when Mum-in-Law has gone (soon I hope) as I want to get going on it again but totally fed-up with all the questioning .... grrrrr.

I know I will feel like rubbish tonight, the shakes, cold etc. but I've had some lovely bath things and a nice pillow for the bath too so I plan to take my book and candles and lock the door for some long awaited me time!!!!

I've just worked out I have 11 days till I get re-weighed and if I start afresh today, no reason why I won't see a loss - my scales say I've gained 8lbs in 4 days, here goes, onwards and downwards into the new year!!!! xxx

Spangles, I've had Christmas and New Year off plan and I've spent most of the time stressing about how much I'm going to put on and about eating the wrong things. I'm actually looking forward to restarting again on 4th to get back into control. My diet isn't time bound so I'll get there when I get there but I know that if I was in your position I wouldn't have had a break. Well done on sticking with it. It'll all be a distant memory soon when you're at goal xx

Much easier today. Got myself up and straight out into town. I need time with my own company after I've been visiting with people for a while, and I think it was that, and the dog-free time, that really restored my spirits.

And, of course, the retail therapy.

I bought a stack of stuff from Lush - 50% off all Xmas stock - and a bra, and a frock from Anthropologie (£150 reduced to £50). The frock is a size L, which in my book makes it a 14. Yay!

Oh my giddy aunt! A 14! Slinky momma!

I know how you feel about the visiting and the dogs, I felt the same visiting my sister last night, too many people, too many dogs, too much wrapping pAper it was enough to spur on an anxiety attack! The dogs do it for me too, I love dogs but the hair and drool in the house yuk no!

Back