Deflating the Bouncy Castle

sounds horrible, i quite often get head-rush/ blurry vision on getting up, especially first thing, but never the full faint.

wierdly i used to think that fainting would be quite good, cos only skinny minny wispy things faint and it would prove i was one too!

i fainted once before about seven years ago. i was so shocked - cos i thought it would be like fading away, but it's horrible and feels violent.

Ah what a rubbish day, but glad you battled through it. I am sure some others of us might have "needed" food today. You're a real star but please take good care of yourself. Early to bed my lady xxxx

I've felt rubbish all day too. Did contemplate phoning in sick this morning, and half way thru the day, I wish I'd had. Debating it tomorrow if I feel as rubbish. Had that floaty, headachy, sick feeling. Also been varying between being absolutely sweating to chilly.

So its a 50/50 chance I might actually be ill, or the powder is trying to kill me! lol!

Hope you feel better. I'm wrapped up on the sofa and thinking an early night is in order. xx

Hey! Spangles , hope you got through the day at work ok and you are feeling tad better than this morning?

Will catch up tomorrow I hope. Trust you will get a good night's sleep.

in bed now, winding down for sleep. feeling more or less fine. god alone knows what all that was about. think i have got a massive bruise coming on my jaw, presumably where i whacked it on something (side of the loo?).

If it makes you feel any better my dork of a boyfriend just managed to whack his head on a cupboard whilst going to get biscuits....... Karma......hahahahs

Hope you are feeling better Spangles. Get some sleep and see how you are in the morning

I've never fainted but feel light headed a lot. Take care Spangles, hope the bruise is not too bad, get some arnica on it! Hugs xx

So today's thought for the day is 'where does this end?'

I know when CD ends for me. That I am sure of. SS ends at half term and the steps end on 30th March. Sorted.

BUT...

what then? Assuming (and it's an enormous assumption), that I can control my eating, and thereby my weight, when i leave ketosis - and thereby lose any holiday weight without the sledgehammer tactics of a vlcd - then do I stop there?

If I can never return to eating freely - and will always need to be on some kind of diet - then what is stopping me from keeping going? slowly, slowly - with boozes once a week, granted - but could i be someone whose over all weight trend is downwards? Could I eventually become a healthy BMI?

I have never, ever wanted to be smaller than a size 14. Which is pretty much where i'll be at BMI 29. But what if i were? what if i became one of those 'other' kind of people, who can only be thought of (outside hollywood weirdness standards) as slim? a size 12... a size 10?? who on earth would i be?

what if i did manage to enjoy exercise - changing the habits and predelictions of an entire lifetime?

The whole thing is just a flight of fancy right now - an exercise in what-ifs. I'm pretty sure i don't want to be that person, and i'm even more sure that to become that person would require a wholesale, root-and-branch reworking of my personality. Which is probably a bad idea, not least for my marriage. Also, i've never found 'slim' or 'athletic' particularly attractive - and my vanity is pronounced enough that i need to think of myself as attractive.

I think it's just that at the moment, the 'health and size' direction of the rest of my life is not cast in stone, for the first time in over a decade. interesting to think about what direction it could take.

Spangles, glad you're ok after the fainting yesterday.

Very thought provoking post. You say you are vain,
... I relate to that as I am vain but to a point. However, if we were the kind of women who are vain to the point of no substance i.e. shallow we'd be very slim & obsessive gym bunnies.

From what I can glean about your personality from your diary and posts is that you love life, are fun, caring and extremely intelligent and thoughtful person & of course you are from your photos an attractive lady! Whatever size! Cheekbones at whatever what!! That's just not fair!

Who knows what the future holds but I think you will continue to be the Captain of your own ship. And you will do it well. I can't see you undoing what you have achieved to date & after you reach goal.

Even when you get pregnant with you IVF I think you will not regain loads of weight. You've put your heart & soul into this for a reason other than pure vanity. I hope you will continue to share your journey with us.

Last edited:
Absolutely, I often think about what would happen if I fell over and bumped my head and woke up with the mindset of a thin person! I like being a size 10-12 which for me is very low 10's or high 9st any less than that and I start to lose boobage and booty!

This last stone for me will make all the difference I think, it will take be from being podgy to curvy, which is where I want to be.... Next to build in some tone on my arms, bum and where my Joey used to be, I still have a calzone pizza stuck there but it's smaller. More like a crispy pancake (Oh god am I really making reference to my flabby belly as a crispy pancake??).

Anyway... Its a brave new world, less than 12 weeks away! Blimey chicken.

Thanks for the kind words Kira. I feel like i have my own, personal cheerleader - i do feel positive about the future. guardedly confident that i will be able to control my eating. but who knows.

Nat - it's not long, is it? Good to know it's not just me that thi nks about this kind of thing... my husband reckons i think too much about the future. he never really plans for anything.

Skinny is never attractive - slender, maybe more so. I don't want to be thin, or athletic (no boobs?) but I would like to be a curvy 12 with tone rather than wobble. I am now between a 12 and 14 and quite happy, except for the wobbly tum and arms. Now for me its more about tone than losing more weight.

I have to say that my happiest most confident and fun loving friend is a voluptuous and sexy size 18-20. She does worry about her weight but she also always dresses confidently and looks fab. She likes confident men and has very sun boyfriends, often a few at a time.

The most traumatised, worried, unhappy and insecure of my mates is about 8 stone and gets depressed every time she goes over 8 and a half. If she does get a boyfriend she wants them to be movie star handsome, fit, spend loads of money on her, dress well . . . she is very high maintenance and demanding, and never keeps a relationship.

I know who I would rather be.

being a certain weight definitely doesn't buy you happiness, in either direction - and i've always been relieved that my body is so very far from perfect that i don't have to worry about cellulite etc. I'm not aiming for flawless, so i don't have to be so hard on myself!

being free from a destructive relationship with food, though - that would make a person happier, i have no doubt.

spangles said:
being a certain weight definitely doesn't buy you happiness, in either direction - and i've always been relieved that my body is so very far from perfect that i don't have to worry about cellulite etc. I'm not aiming for flawless, so i don't have to be so hard on myself!

being free from a destructive relationship with food, though - that would make a person happier, i have no doubt.

Brilliant way to look at it. It's more important than the number on the clothes size of number on the scale, yet so much more personal and hidden...

So, it seems to me that my CDC's scales might be as useless as mine, but according to the official numbers I lost 5lbs this week!

I was due a bit of a whoosh - but by my scales, this wasn't going to be the week. And i thought I was slowing down. Hurrah!

Also, we finally remembered to do my measurements. So, from the beginning I have lost:

8 inches off my boobs
10 inches off my waist
9.5 inches off my hips

only a measly 3 inches off my huge upper arms though. flappy flappy... :rolleyes: :D

Back