Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Erm I hope you lovely ladies don't mind me changing the subject a little... I don't know who else to ask... Has anyone else notices that their poo has gone a different colour? This is since I started with the bars. Was wondering if this is normal? Everything has gone much darker and I'm a bit worried. Sorry if tmi! Don't want to bother my dr if is normal xx

Now you mention it, yes. But i wouldn't worry. :)

Hehehe! Mine is really dark too! Like I've been drinking guiness! lol!

So it must be a good sign, because guiness is good for you, right?!

i cant seem to go properly at all at the moment. its annoying because i think it is stalling my weight loss. so today for lunch i am having a very strong milkshake to try and move things before weigh in at six thirty. ah the joys of trying to lose weight!!

what i find work almost instantly to get things moving, is a couple of pro plus... but then, i don't have any caffeine otherwise. worth a try maybe?

Spangles,

I have just found your latest photo's (got a bit lost in your busy diary!) You look fabulous! Your curves have always been there but my god they are so pronounced now.

I couldn't help picturing a Nigella esc corseted sweeping modern/Vicotriana number, don't really no how to describe it.

Also your arms are sooooooo much smaller than the start, they look half the size, tiny shoulders as well.

You. are. Brilliant!

xxx

How is it that your diary so easily turns into something about poo?! I would give a warning about Dulcolax.....I had a terrible experience walking down The Strand!

Cambridge Fibre works for me now - although I do think its expensive

My diary is poo-happy because i'm full of sh1t, perhaps? :D:D:D

lol thanks for all your advice. think i might give the proplus a go...not a fan of laxatives...find they are a bit too harsh on the body. hopefully a bit of caffiene will help out!! xxx

Hi Spangles, fab photos you look brilliant! I must get my sister to take some up-to-date ones of me as my before pics are really yeuck!

As for poo - I use Laxido - a sachet of powder from the Drs and two of them at night sort me out and by the morning I go. Also I noticed it was very black and wondered if it meant I wasn't drinking enough although I do 2 litres of water a day a numerous cups of tea now I'm having skimmed milk. So surley I can't be de-hydrated? It's caffeine free tea too.

Finally, reading all the posts about a "lee-way" when we all get to goal. I was going to do a 7lb allowance but now think I won't! If I over-indulge one day then I owe it to myself to cut back the next day and not be so piggy right? It sounds like water retention can be caused for all sorts of reasons and therefore gives a totally inaccurate weight on the scales. If you over-eat you know you've done it - so do something about it straight away and it won't become a problem. Well that's what I am going to do ... in theory anyway.

I've been overweight for about 20 years and I've worked damned hard to get where I am today in the last few months .... I will not gain this flipping weight, I am determined this is a new me forever!!

Sorry to ramble xx

Alderney, I think that's exactly what KD was meaning. So, why let it creep up by half a stone before you do something about it? Ignore the scales by and large, and just know if you've over indulged, then you'll need to be strict with yourself.

And I would agree with that, in general. But i do want to give myself a pre-emptive loss to counteract holiday weight. Also, my goal has never been my choice, it was imposed on me by the doctors... so i don't know at the moment what weight i want to maintain at, after the whole IVF thing (and, fingers' crossed, pregnancy). This is just 'for now', for me.

Talk about bad timing. As of yesterday I'd only lost a pound this week. Fair enough, though a bit sucky.

As of this morning, I've *gained* two and a bit pounds. Weigh in after work today. Time to try my trick with the pro plus and pray to Jarvis for a miracle.

Oh! Hon, hope the pro plus give you some BM action!! I'm sure it will make difference. It is a real pain to lose 1 or 2 pounds when one is on such a vlcd because it is such hard work. Remember though it does come off. However, I know the motivation one needs is from the number on the scales going down.

I wouldn't mind if i were losing 1 or two pounds (I mean obviously i'd prefer three or four..) but to GAIN??!!

I've had at least three litres of water a day this week, too.

My other current preoccupation is that i've become, well, really squashy. No loose skin anywhere yet, which is a blessing... but...

I was never *firm*, obv. but my bum and thighs etc which used to be squashy like a sofa cushion, are now squashy like a fluffed-up feather pillow. Seriously - you can sort of shove your fingers in and have a rummage. Sort of.

Don't get me wrong: I'll take it, over and above being the size I was - but it's a bit weird, and a surprise.

Awww spangles, that made me chuckle and feel sad for you at the same time. Try not to start prodding and poking yourself, you aren't a bloody sofa you are a gorgeous girl who has lost a substantial amount of weight in a relatively short time. Your skin might take a while to catch up is all. Plus I remember from previous posts you mentioned that you intend to start some mild exercise/ training. Everything will firm up then! Behold the scrumptious firm buttocks and thighs! ;)

heheheh. i'm not too worried. one of the few benefits of carrying most of your weight on your thighs (and arms) is that you get used to never wearing shorts or short skirts. They look fine with tights on, because it's like rice pudding stuffed into a sausage skin - and in summer I go for longer skirts anyway. Only my husband and I will know about the squashy-squashy, and neither of us much care. :D

Back