Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Oh and I just noticed the 6 stone - jeez that is such an achievement, really well done. You must be so proud of yourself for sticking to it and reaching your targets xx

Ooh! Must say I'm glad to hear that! I'm till pretty useless navigating the forum properly! Hoping in 4 weeks I'll be almost at goal!! Well my first goal as I may still consider dropping for my 7 pounds buffer. Off to read Riley soon in bed.

Well done honey! X

6stone is simply amazing and the fact that you've been 100% all this time. It's really really amazing that's the only word I can use!!

thanks xx

I didn't know that there was a cookbook.

6 stone is fantastic - well done. And you have done that in the same time that I did 3 - so shows how amazing you have done on SS, and how often I have cheated - lol. You look gorgeous too - make sure you take full advantage of showing off that fab figure you have!

I am gobsmacked, inspired and jealous all at the same time over your weight loss. Glad you're not down about this weeks loss. You seem to be averaging really well considering you've lost so much.

Having a celebratory glass of water in bed for you. Congrats lady, six stone down, what an achievement.

This is definatly something to tell your grandkids ;) x

Weight up again today. God alone knows what's going on lately, but que sera, sera. Don't feel like I'm due a whoosh - maybe I've hit a wall of some kind? Got to say, this weight feels more or less right to me - if I were allowed to choose where I stopped (which I'm not) it would be around here. Maybe my body agrees with me.

You know what...I think everyone has got their golden weight. The weight that they feel good at in their own skin...

I feel ok too, however I know there are improvements to be made. That's why I have been doing 810.

See if it was not for the stupid red tape, you could stay there. But I guess that's not an option. What could be said though is that post baby, this is the weight you would like to maintain.

Yup. I'm a size 16 in most clothes and a 14 in the vanity sizes. I look better and I feel healthier. My tummy is small enough to get away with pencil skirts, and I haven't had loose skin yet. But it's not bloody up to me.

I will push through this wall eventually. I must. It's not like my body is slowing down because I'm soooooo slim, ffs - I'm still More than three stone over a 'healthy' weight. But it's an odd thing.

You're the same as me Spangles. And the clothes we like naturally suit our more curvaceous figures.
Both a blessing and a curse though I think as there is a very fine line which if you cross makes you look like a round ball - well it does for me because I'm such a shortie!
I think this will be the hardest bit for you now as you know you look amazing. I can't give you any advice I'm afraid because it's normally where I quit!
Good that you have such a strict target to meet xx

yeah, IKWYM.

actually, it occurs to me that it's probably a good thing i won't have time to get to goal before i start stepping up: knowing i still have weight to lose will force me to be more disciplined when following the steps.

In other news, i feel really nauseous this morning. And no, I'm not pregnant (did a test after the fainting thing, and besides - I'm only due to ovulate today or tomorrow). I suspect it's somehow because I had my bar really early this morning. Up at 5am to crack on with some marking and by 6.30am i was starving so i had a chocolate chewy bar. Can't quite make the connection as to why that would make me feel sicky, but it's the only thing different.

Bought some pre-pregnancy vitamins the other day but decided to hold off on them til i'm eating a more varied diet. Two lots of iron supplements (in the CD packs plus the vitamins) is asking for toilet trouble, no? but I bought them because i'm going through an optimistic patch. There is always a chance, no matter how tiny, that we could get duffed up naturally. And that has to be a better chance at my current weight than previously. So I've dusted off the fertility monitor, husband is on standby and we are 'trying' again. Lets see if i can manage not to spend all day in tears when my next periodd turns up... :rolleyes:

Honey!! Big hugs! Don't ever lose your opitimism!

It's most odd but your most recent pics you don't look overweight. You look slim and just right. Yet I am no longer classified as overweight as my BMI is under 25 now. However, I am fat. I can see the fat and feel the fat and moreover my 8 year old who is completely honest tells me I still have fat bits and I need to be slim like my friends.

Point I am making is that BMI's and scales can show differing numbers but as you and Nat have said the body, one own's body must know when it is at the size that it right for it. I know that is why I have to change my goal from 8st 7 to 8st. I am the opposite situation of you Spangles insofar as numbers on scale BMI and what I look like reality right now for my height and frame/build.

Kira said:
Honey!! Big hugs! Don't ever lose your opitimism!

It's most odd but your most recent pics you don't look overweight. You look slim and just right. Yet I am no longer classified as overweight as my BMI is under 25 now. However, I am fat. I can see the fat and feel the fat and moreover my 8 year old who is completely honest tells me I still have fat bits and I need to be slim like my friends.

Point I am making is that BMI's and scales can show differing numbers but as you and Nat have said the body, one own's body must know when it is at the size that it right for it. I know that is why I have to change my goal from 8st 7 to 8st. I am the opposite situation of you Spangles insofar as numbers on scale BMI and what I look like reality right now for my height and frame/build.

I'm the same as you at 5,7 you would think at 10,10 I would look slim but I'm all hippy and belly with slim legs and big boobs (boobs are at my smallest even when I was 9,7 so cant see then getting smaller) and having a 3 and almost 2 year old patting your belly saying "baby" tells me I have to get it gone.

Stay positive spangles you never no I was told I would never have them and best to have a hysterectomy (at 24) 5 years later I'm a mummy to 2. Miracles can happen so get baby dancing lol x

I think i've told this story before, so forgive if i have...

when i was on my way back from honeymoon I contracted salmonella sepsis typhi (aka typhoid). Made for a grim plane journey back, but mostly didn't feel ill until 2 weeks later when I ended up admitted to Kings with a mystery fever and suspected malaria. An-y-way. After i'd been in for a couple of days and the immediate panic had died down, the nurse came round to take my stats. She asked me how much I weighed and i said 'oh, 18, 18and a half stone'. 'Oh no' she said, you won't be anywhere near that, and off she bustled to get her special weighing chair. She got me out of bed and I hopped on the chair, and lo - i think I was something like 18st 10lb. And she was shocked!

The other day when I saw my sisters, we had a bit of a trying on clothes and weighing and measuring sesh. Before we got down to it, I said how I'm still obese but don't look as heavy as I am, and my sister said 'yeah, I've always reckoned I look a stone lighter than I am'. She wasn't talking about that rose-tinted thing we delude ourselves with when we look in the mirror... just when we compare ourselves to people of a similar build and height they tend to weigh less. So perhaps it's a family trait. Anyway, despite having the smallest waist and being more or less comparable in the other stats (biggest boobs, though, tbf ;))... I was half a stone heavier - and they'd just had a huge xmas dinner so i had an advantage. So even for my family, it would appear that i'm more than usually *dense* - for want of a less unfortunate word!

Dunno - maybe that's just a load of self-justifying rubbish. Always a possibility...:D

I think there's also a question of what floats your boat aesthetically. I've always found slightly bigger women to have the figure i aspire to... but if i'm honest, they still tend to be slimmer than I am now... so i guess the other thing is priorities. I'm simply not bothered enough to put in the hard yards to get down to a size ten. Or even a twelve. I look alright like this, and i think the way i dress works for me, and it just doesn't really bother me if people call me 'fat'.

Anyway, it's all academic. I *have* to lose more weight, so I shall.

I know what you mean- people have always told me that I am a 14 or 16 - when I was wearing size 18-20. I am very heavy but I think that my mum also has heavier bones - if thats possible. I have seen the women on TV in these 'obese' shows who get to an 18 and I don't think I was ever that lumpy or wobbly, but the weight must have been somewhere.

Anyway, you are now where I started I think - I was classed as obese, but soon got through that, and with your will power you will do it far faster.

Where is it you have to be for the IVF etc?

There is no harm in taking extra vitamins now anyway and being optimistic. We caught with my DD in 7 months - then when we started trying for DS we caught after 8 months, but I had a mc. It took 18 months altogether to get DS - and in the last months we did 2 things differently. 1. I gave up and just got totally smashed at xmas, and 2. we put DP on a high vitamin diet to give his lil fellows a kick start. Its amazing the amount of energy and enthusiasm he had for trying after taking in those vitamins, I can tell you. Whether he needed the help or not, it certainly worked.

Oh - and 3, we went for an appointment at a fertility clinic on the Friday, to see about getting help after 18 months, they told me I needed to lose weight and stop smoking - and I found out I was pregnant 2 days later. I think I was at least a 16 then!

i agree it's possible to be unusually dense - my husband has always weighed at least a stone more than he looks. when he was younger and slim he always used to go up to those people at fairs/theme parks that claim they can guess your weight cos they would always be way out and he'd win something!

also, it's why BMI is such a pain for some people as it's not really a true representative of health if you are unusually dense or muscley or basically if you're not average. luckily you know looks and health wise to listen to your body not the scales, unfortunately the doctor has to tick boxes. :(

you must be so proud of yourself! Was Marilyn Monrow a 16? I think she looked fantastic. It all depends how you carry your weight. You sound like you have an hour glass shape and if your weight is in the right places you would look healthier and better at a 14 or so, you'd lose that shape at a lower weight. As long as you are healthy and look and feel good who is to say we should all be size 8's?

For me at a size 12 now I am still chubby up top and really could with shifting another 9-12lbs as I carry all my weight in my belly, boobs and arms and end up with a fat face! Always had no hips and skinny legs! so to me i think i look top heavy all the time!

well yes - she was a 16 when she made the Misfits... but she'd just had a miscarriage and so had some pregnancy pounds, plus even an american size 16 then was significantly smaller than a 16 now. No larger than a small UK 14 now, i reckon:
tumblr_lckb6u78221qbeqtno1_500.jpg

Anyway, rather cutely - i have lost the weight of this small, newborn horsey:
galleryDutch.jpg

Back