Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Mel I LOVE that! Bloody school imposed a 'corporate dress' code on us last summer. we're sposed to wear suits etc. I have a principled objection. i am a DRAMA teacher, i should be eccentric and theatrical in my attire! Which is why I got my blonde stripe.

Vintage suits with opera gloves?

vintage-suit-Dior-1950-570x600.jpg

Looking good hun - the dress looks amazing! I'm with the jeans too big camp. You shouldn't be wearing baggy with the figure you have now - you should be flaunting your arse and legs. I'm pretty much the same weight as you and enjoying wearing jeans that are snug :)

Love that look, Mel - it's pretty much the line i'm treading, tbh.

BG - thing is, I just don't wear jeans very often. Maybe once a month or less. The next pair i buy will be more fitted.

I can just see you in the style that Mel just posted! Though I have to say that is similar to my work style clothes (minus the gloves!) but you'd definitely would look better than I do in that style. I hated the boring suits all the lawyers wore and I always wore red lipstick.

Hi again, more stunning photos, you are looking lovely!

Ps. My daughter loves your phone case LOL xx

heh - yes, the kids at school like it too.

Haha...I know they are clam diggers. I was just yanking your chain! Probably in a way that I am envious of your boobs and skinny legs. Your curves are bombastic!

I know everyone says it, but it's no wonder you dont want to lose much more...You look amazing. Totaly in proportion and everything. That dress is also lush, was that perchance a collectif number?

it was, indeed, collectif... but skinny legs i do *not* have. Classic endomorph: small waist, tree-trunk thighs and upper arms.

For the love of God Spangles - you look Amaaaaaazing!
You know I said we were about the same? We're not! You're waist is awesome!! x

aww, thanks - but when do we see a full length pic of you?

Hmmm, I'll see if I've got one that isn't too pukey x

It was 18 months of trying for us, and I had a mc in the middle of that, so our GP didn't take that into account. They also did a sperm test on OH, despite us already having a daughter, and decided his wrigglers were not wriggling. What they didn't tell us was that he had just had a really bad bout of cold/cough/flu-ish ness (so did I) and that can affect results for 2 months, so he then had a complete meltdown about how nothing was working anymore, of no reason :mad:

However, I hope you can relax, enjoy your honeymoon and afterwards go speak to the GP again hun.

Whens the wedding - 5 weeks to go for us and I am starting to get nervous! :confused:

Thankyou Egbert, I will take all of that into consideration when we next see our GP- he seems very eager to fob us off. Mine isn't until August- the 28th, but we've only just started planning!! 5 weeks- wow, are you all sorted? Good luck,not that you will need it :D

wishing you luck, though. also - awesome hair in your profile pic!

Thankyou! That is just a slightly exaggerated version of my every day hair. I am another one whose job allows for a slightly eccentric appearance- people think I look odd when my hair is down :cool:

Two thoughts this morning. Firstly - ack! New hairdo looks decidedly naff without being hairdresser-styled. Will see what the frizz-ease cream can do in a bit, but beginning to regret losing the length.

Secondly, tomorrow's looking like a slightly bigger loss than last week's pathetic 0.75lbs, but prob only a two-pounder at best. I think it's particularly tough because the site is full of January starters with their huge losses. I am not very zen about it when I read of others' big results - especially if they've not stuck to the straight and narrow. I mean, I'm pleased for them, and I don't want them to have sh1t results, but I'd like my results to be better. Cos I bloody deserve them if anyone does!

It's just sod's law really - that now I have a time limit and an exit date, my body is refusing to play ball and I'm going to wash up at the end of SS with well over a stone to go. But what can you do?

I'm also finding myself hungrier and temptation stronger than it has been for months. I've had enough, I expect. Finding myself wishing the time away.

spangles said:
Two thoughts this morning. Firstly - ack! New hairdo looks decidedly naff without being hairdresser-styled. Will see what the frizz-ease cream can do in a bit, but beginning to regret losing the length.

Secondly, tomorrow's looking like a slightly bigger loss than last week's pathetic 0.75lbs, but prob only a two-pounder at best. I think it's particularly tough because the site is full of January starters with their huge losses. I am not very zen about it when I read of others' big results - especially if they've not stuck to the straight and narrow. I mean, I'm pleased for them, and I don't want them to have sh1t results, but I'd like my results to be better. Cos I bloody deserve them if anyone does!

It's just sod's law really - that now I have a time limit and an exit date, my body is refusing to play ball and I'm going to wash up at the end of SS with well over a stone to go. But what can you do?

I'm also finding myself hungrier and temptation stronger than it has been for months. I've had enough, I expect. Finding myself wishing the time away.

Stick with it hun youve come so far. I hope your body shifts itself and doesn't stop playing like mine did :( either way you will get there. Stay strong xxx

Spangles, I do understand how you must feel about the losses slowing down after all this time and all the effort you have put in. But whilst you are feeling the temptation I just know you will stick to plan and therefore you will get there.

As for you hair, it will grow and in a couple of days once you can style it yourself you won't freak. Can't wait to hear the feedback from the reaction of the kids and colleagues at school today! Have a fantastic day! You are looking soooo glam and gorgeous ignore the numbers for now. They will go down! x

I agree with Kira hun

And the new starters lose water weight whereas you are losing fat every single day!! You've done so well to be do focused this past 12 weeks. X

749077-10-1294269794351.jpg

Aw, Spangles --

It could be so much worse. Your hair will grow on you. It takes time to get used to a new style. Try a shampoo and conditioner for smoothing.

There is a John Frieda three day straightening spray -- that you use with your flat iron and it helps keep your hair smooth until you wash it again. It does work.

As far as the diet goes -- print up your start photos and post them side by side with your sweater pin-up -- and this should help keep you motivated. You can think: "Just wait until this hot sweater picture is the BEFORE photo!" What a rockin' body you will have then. Talk about hot for teacher???

Thanks - i think the hair thing is just me being sulky because i don't want hair i have to do stuff to. I want to be able to wash it in my favourite shampoo and conditioner, let it dry naturally, sleep on it and then a quick brush and go. I've almost always had longer hair and the length pulls it straight, while the layers stop it getting bouffy at the ends.

Thanks - i think the hair thing is just me being sulky because i don't want hair i have to do stuff to. I want to be able to wash it in my favourite shampoo and conditioner, let it dry naturally, sleep on it and then a quick brush and go. I've almost always had longer hair and the length pulls it straight, while the layers stop it getting bouffy at the ends.

I am the same -- thick hair that when it is short is very "big" and has to be "tended". However, when it is long it gets pulled down a lot by the weight and is more manageable.

But, I am rather old for such long hair (although, I'm not truly bothered by that) -- and I recently cut my hair to donate it to a charity that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair. After I donated my hair -- my DD decided to part with 10 inches of her hair, too. It'll grow back -- my hair grows very fast as does hers.

What I am going to do is use a product I can buy on the American post --

getitstraight200.jpg

It works for reasonably wavy or frizzy hair. Seriously kinky stuff not so much. It lasts through about 7 shampoos. You still have to blow dry or use a flat iron, but on to "touch it up -- it you want it erfectly straight -- but if you just want it "calmer" it is a one shot treatment that lasts a couple of weeks. It is Such a time saver.

They do not sell it here, yet. But, they will I am sure.

Back