Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Its an interesting app, I'm guessing it bases the sizes on the shops measurements from the websites, but I find even in the same shop 2 jeans the same size could fit me completely differently.

I think youve touched on the main point there krissy. no shop has a standard sizing system..because it is all so mass produced that even the same trousers can fit differently..even the same size!!!

I've had many a tantrum after ordering online different skirts & jeans all the same size from the same shop to find some fit and some don't. And its usually the nicest ones that dont lol.

This is why I dread shopping even having
Lost over 6 stone as my shape is weird I'm a 16 on the waist now and an 18 on the hips I'm going to have a play on this app now

interesting app, good to know apparently i should do well in Topshop due to them being one of the few shops not expecting a pear-shape and i have no hips.
i have never actually shopped there before so will have to investigate!

Thanks Illa - great to see you! Hope you and the papaya are well. xx

As predicted, a STS this week. CDC expected me to stay on 810, but i don't think she holds much store in the steps. Regardless, i am on step 3 as of now. The ocado man is coming later with my strawberries!

have said i will see her again in two weeks. tbh sometimes i find her actively unhelpful - I suspect I am not the easiest client because i know what i want and when i want it. Like week thirteen, when i insisted on doing 810 and she wanted me to SS all the way through - we didn't argue or anything, i just did my firm but smiley 'this is the way things are', teacher thing, and that was that. but tbh, i think things have been a little strained since then. Now she seems to think i should stay on as low a plan as possible til goal, and not worry if i don't have time to do the steps properly... and tbf - i'm not really giving that suggestion any real consideration. but that's only because i did all that decision making months back, when i planned my exit strategy, and once my mind is made up, i tend to be a bit inflexible :eek:.

Me too Spangles. It's all well and good somebody giving you advice, but when that person only sees you for half an hour once a month and doesn't take the rest of you life into consideration I find it a hard pill to swallow :)

No idea what you are talking about because I don't do Cambridge, all sounds very complicated :rolleyes:

well, she sees me every week, but only for five minutes, 10 max. Thant's my choice, though - i've never really wanted her for support: i'd have hated to be texted and stuff, even right at the beginning.

Aww! Spangles you post made me chuckle! I can just imagine the "this is the way things are" teacher tone you took with your CDC!!

Well a STS is good. Once your body becomes accustomed to you having more real food it will recognise you are still consuming fewer calories and hopefully let go of those little adipose b****s go! They are hanging on for their lives the closer you get to goal it seems! But we all know who is going to win the battle!

I

i can't promise it will stay, but i'm quite philosophical about the possibility of not losing the other five before the end of the steps. I think i've hit a wall. I first hit this weight about two and half weeks ago, before my nightmare upswing week.

12 and a half stone is a weight i've been down to a few times in my adult life, but below that, very, very rarely and not for long, either time. I wonder if there's anything in the idea that your cells have a 'memory' and/or a set point. On the one hand a set point of 12.5 stone is very high for a 5'3"(and a bit) woman - even with boobs like mine... but on the other hand i don't think i *look* obese at this weight... i think my body sorta kinda looks a certain variety of peasant-stock healthy. Of course, I have to go lower for my referral, but it would kind of explain why this weight seems to be so hard to get past.

I have read somewhere (something scientific not one of my scientific theories!) that fat cells do have memory. That could be the reason they are hanging on and therefore you have a hit a barrier (for now). However, at some point you must will start losing again especially if your calories remain lower than what you body needs to simply maintain itself.

No way do you look obese!! Not in those photos!! And you certainly don't look peasant-stock either! Continue enjoying Step 3 and savouring and appreciating the food you are having. You deserve that after all your hard work.

You might find that a combination of the steps and a holiday are just what you need. I hit my wall of 11.2 and stayed there for weeks no matter what i did I couldn't hit 11.1. So I moved to SW and gained :( ..... but now i'm back to CD and weigh 11.1 and the scales are moving down by the day. xxxxx

spangles said:
i can't promise it will stay, but i'm quite philosophical about the possibility of not losing the other five before the end of the steps. I think i've hit a wall. I first hit this weight about two and half weeks ago, before my nightmare upswing week.

12 and a half stone is a weight i've been down to a few times in my adult life, but below that, very, very rarely and not for long, either time. I wonder if there's anything in the idea that your cells have a 'memory' and/or a set point. On the one hand a set point of 12.5 stone is very high for a 5'3"(and a bit) woman - even with boobs like mine... but on the other hand i don't think i *look* obese at this weight... i think my body sorta kinda looks a certain variety of peasant-stock healthy. Of course, I have to go lower for my referral, but it would kind of explain why this weight seems to be so hard to get past.

Oooo I've been reading up about this very phenomenon!

I think there is a possibility but again I don't understand in a way which could be beyond doubt how it works. The only logical way I can see how it *could* be feasible would be in connection to lean body mass and BMR. There have been a lot of studies into the concept, some of which also link to leptin, ghrelin and cortisol our favorite foes. But of course there is biological and ethnic typing to throw into the mix. Think on my case lack of sleep and stress are the two things which put me at risk of staying the same more than eating too much, I've evidenced that for myself! So it must bf the LGC connection.

Anyway shocking I've just mapped a 1 mile run and I'm dressed for action so I'm off!

a mile? blimey.

just had my first step three dinner. will go into detail on the 'cooking the steps' thread in maintenance, but blimey - sweet potato is a bit bloody sweet! not sure it was that pleasant.

Ive just spent hours reading every post on this thread and you are an inspiration - I am only on day 2 of the weight loss journey and although it seems like a long way ahead, you have shown me that lives can be changed!

Thank you xxx

Oh I used to love sweet potato chips! Are sweet potatoes better than ordinary?

lower GI, i think.

Back