Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Sweet potato is scrummy esp with butternut squash, 2 of my favourite vegetables. They make delicious autumn soup too, always reminds me of Halloween, my favourite festival.

i just had 40g of sugar free museli with fat free yoghurt. now fighting sleep. carbs are really strong drugs.

right, well over three hours later and i'm still stuffed. i'm supposed to have had a CD product as well for breakfast, and now be ready for a green salad and another product.

will have a tetra now and try for the salad in a bit. I'm off with lurgy at the moment, but my teaching day is so structured I need to be able to eat at set times... but equally, i want to listen to my body when it's telling me 'enough'.

presumably with the strawberries and sweet potato last night, and museli this morning, i must be out of keto... but maybe not. i thought i'd be ravenous!

Your body will adjust I know exactly what you mean. I think to an extent you should listen to your body though, and have all your daily allowances but in a way that makes you comfortable and not overly full. When I started eating more I felt so so full but my body did adjust and responds to hunger at appropriate times now! You enjoying the food though yes?? X

yes. yes i am. museli was a bit bland though. don't see the appeal of cereals at all any more, and i used to love them. come the weekend i am having a 'healthy cooked breakfast' from the CD cookbook. *that's* much more appealing!

ooo this makes me excited. the one thing i really miss is a veggie breakfast. poached eggs and linda mc sausage!! xxx

I have just booked my postponed birthday party / end of diet celebration for 28th april - cos it's in this room i've hired which has a max capacity of over 200 (!) I'm more than usually concerned that people won't come. However I have dj friends volunteering to man the decks, and one of them is talking about finding me a band, so hopefully it'll be loud, even if it's a bit empty!

spangles said:
I have just booked my postponed birthday party / end of diet celebration for 28th april - cos it's in this room i've hired which has a max capacity of over 200 (!) I'm more than usually concerned that people won't come. However I have dj friends volunteering to man the decks, and one of them is talking about finding me a band, so hopefully it'll be loud, even if it's a bit empty!

Gosh i'll come! Love a party me!

count me in too! love a good jaunt to london town!!! xxx

Spangles I so know what you mean about the cereal. I had an 'out of ketosis' day so that I could drink at my office Xmas party. The planned day started with porridge and a banana for breakfast so that I would leave ketosis by lunchtime. I had chosen those things as pre diet I had liked both and wanted my break of just one day to be filled with things that I enjoyed. I had high expectations about how they would taste but when it came to it I was totally underwhelmed. In fact, apart from the alcohol ;) I was underwhelmed with most of the carbs I had that day (was straight back on SS the following day complete with hangover :)). The things that I enjoyed the most that day were the prawn starter, salad and dressing, and the baby vegetables with the main course. Weird huh?

Last edited:
Thanks!

Weight news is currently down about half a pound on tuesday morning and holding. I think i might still be in ketosis, actually - impossible as that seems.

Hi Spangles,

Sounds like you are doing really well adding food back in to your life. If it is mostly low carb food, then you should stay in ketosis. Diets like the Atkins are ketogenic.

Pick a theme and get the invitations out early... I am sure loads of people will come. A friend of mine just did a 1980s themed birthday party. (She graduated in the 1980s.)

Thanks!

Weight news is currently down about half a pound on tuesday morning and holding. I think i might still be in ketosis, actually - impossible as that seems.

Congrats on the continued losses.

thanks mel.

thing is, it's step 3 completely by the book. non ketogenic foods in last 24 hours include: museli, rice and tomatoes. oh, and starwberries!

this morning's museli made me so sleepy i found myself waking up 2 hours later - almost like i passed out! (still off sick). It stands to reason that reintroducing carbs will screw with insulin levels / blood sugar levels, but has anyone else found this? I used to get a similar thing if I ate basins full of pasta n my binging days... but this was 40g of 'no added sugar' alpen.

i imagine it's partly what your body is now used to - you have been 100% carb free for a very very long time!

it will adjust, and just be glad that you're following the steps properly, if you'd plunged straight into unhealthy eating you'd probably feel like death...

I wonder if you could have eggs instead of museli for breakfast? In other words reduce the amount of carbs you are having over the course of the week? Then again it probably is best to stick step 3 as prescribed in the plan ...just in case!?

Great news about the drop since Tuesday! That is exciting! So hoping you'll have a loss next week. Fingers crossed for you!

if you have an egg you're sposed to have bread with it - plus i need to develop a tolerance: delaying that just puts it off.

also - i'm not cooking at 6.30am. not going to happen.

Well done on the STS Spangles, it sounds like you are doing so well with this eating lark. As always I am learning lots from your journey and resolve. I think this year is going to be the best for you x

thanks.

i *am* really pleased that so far i've found my rigid, pre-planned version of 1000 pretty easy to stick to. I was so scared that once out of keto i'd go astray, but honestly - you get to eat 6 times a day!!! 2 packs, 3 meals, plus fruit for dessert - and yes, one of those meals is just a green salad and another is a tetra, but truly, i'm astounded!

I'm just about to work out next week's menus (weeks start on tuesday evenings when the ocado man cometh). I go through my little handbook and my 'meals in minutes' book, which i marked up with colour coded post-its a few weeks ago, and i write down the meals in my bought-for-the-purpose diary for a specific day (taking into account how long i'll have to cook, etc). Then after I've written a meal in I add all the ingredients to a shopping list on the opposite page. When i've finished i place my ocado order (thus avoiding the temptation of the shops).

Control freakery? Maybe. But I've never tried being control of any aspect of my life. And being out of control of food hasn't worked out so well for me, has it?

Microwaved the other half of my chilli from yesterday and had it with 'giant couscous' - which is gorgeous! Never been a big fan of rice, unless in risotto.

Back