Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Again if u really want to know also I gave you a very well deserved rep comment - a tiny gesture to show my appreciation for all the work and time u've put into sharing these fab recipes!!xx

Thanks, upndown! :) Again, that's so kind of you! It's also good to know that some of the recipes come in handy.

Kathy xx

CHEESY BROCCOLI BAKE - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using the cheeses as HEX's

250g dried penne pasta
350g broccoli florets
1 red onion, finely chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes with herbs
2 tbsp. tomato puree
200g drained roasted peppers in water, roughly chopped
90g reduced-fat Feta cheese (2 x HEX's), crumbled
80g reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese (2 x HEX's), grated

Heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, adding the broccoli to the pan for the final 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, then set the pasta to one side and roughly chop the broccoli.
Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight and heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, then add the tinned tomatoes and puree and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir the peppers, pasta and broccoli into the tomato mixture, then transfer everything to a large oven-proof dish.
Mix the Feta and Cheddar together and sprinkle evenly over the surface.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

I sometimes add sliced mushrooms to this and, if I have any cooked chicken in the fridge, I add this too.

CHEESY BROCCOLI BAKE - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using the cheeses as HEX's

250g dried penne pasta
350g broccoli florets
1 red onion, finely chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes with herbs
2 tbsp. tomato puree
200g drained roasted peppers in water, roughly chopped
90g reduced-fat Feta cheese (2 x HEX's), crumbled
80g reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese (2 x HEX's), grated

Heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, adding the broccoli to the pan for the final 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, then set the pasta to one side and roughly chop the broccoli.
Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight and heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes, then add the tinned tomatoes and puree and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir the peppers, pasta and broccoli into the tomato mixture, then transfer everything to a large oven-proof dish.
Mix the Feta and Cheddar together and sprinkle evenly over the surface.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

I sometimes add sliced mushrooms to this and, if I have any cooked chicken in the fridge, I add this too.

Sounds yum! And a good way of adding some superfree in a sneaky and extra tasty way!

Index updated. xx

Thanks, Doreen! :) Hope you've had a good time with the family and are feeling ok. xx

Thanks Kathy. Not been too good lately hence the fact that I have not been on here. Much better at mo though diet has not gone well at all. xx

Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that but glad you're feeling a bit better at the moment. I kept checking on the thread you started and thought I hadn't noticed any comments from you lately. I really hope you continue to improve and sod the bloody diet (excuse me!) and just concentrate on feeling better. Big hugs to you.

Kathy xxx

SPICY PRAWNS AND CHORIZO - Serves 4

Approx. 1 - 1.5 Syns per serving

3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
50g chorizo, finely chopped - approx. 4 Syns (6.5 Syns per 100g)
300g peeled and cooked prawns
50ml dry red wine (optional) - 1.5 - 2 Syns
3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

Cook the chorizo in a non-stick pan until the oils run.
Add the garlic and chilli and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the prawns and wine, if using.
Fry for about 4 minutes or until piping hot.
Serve immediately, scattered with the parsley.

Lovely served with HEX crusty bread and a crunchy side salad.

Ooh a new chorizo recipe and sounds right up my street! Thanks Kathy! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

You're welcome, Cloudy! Just been doing my weekly menu and shopping list and am doing the slow cooker chicken and chorizo recipe tomorrow. Just love chorizo and can't believe how low in Syns it actually is! :)

Meant to ask you, Cloudy, what does Forum Master mean (know that's probably a thick question!)? Noticed it now says it under my 'name', and yours too and I haven't added it. ??

Kathy x

You're welcome, Cloudy! Just been doing my weekly menu and shopping list and am doing the slow cooker chicken and chorizo recipe tomorrow. Just love chorizo and can't believe how low in Syns it actually is! :)

Meant to ask you, Cloudy, what does Forum Master mean (know that's probably a thick question!)? Noticed it now says it under my 'name', and yours too and I haven't added it. ??

Kathy x

I think it changes as your post count increases but not absolutely certain. I think you can change it to say whatever you want or if just left as the default setting it changes over time.

sounds lovely

I think it changes as your post count increases but not absolutely certain. I think you can change it to say whatever you want or if just left as the default setting it changes over time.

Oh, thanks, Cloudy! Can't be doing with any form of technology, really! It's a good job I work with Year 6 children because, at least, they know what they're doing! They teach me!! :D

Kathy

MEXICAN CHILLI CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 0.5 Syns per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into chunks
3 level tbsp. Discovery chipotle paste - 2.5 Syns
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped
140g long grain rice
400g can pinto beans, drained
Small pack of coriander, finely chopped, with a few leaves left for a garnish
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. sweetener or to taste

Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight. Cook the onion and peppers until softened.
Add the chipotle paste and cook for 1 minute, whilst stirring.
Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the tomatoes, along with a tomato can full of water, making sure the chicken chunks are covered.
Gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the rice, according to instructions, until tender. Add the pinto beans for the last couple minutes of cooking time.
Drain well and stir in the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season to taste and cover to keep warm.
Add the sweetener to the chicken/tomato mixture and season to taste.
Serve with the rice and scattered with the whole coriander leaves.

With the NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGES 55 and 98 I only have 72 pages to this thread. So if other members have their settings different to what you have them,then they to will have trouble finding the index.

So when you update the first posts with recipe titles you could put the post number in front of it. That way we would know which post to go to.:)

I don`t understand that. I do the lists on those 2 pages. Can you help & explain what you mean please.

I don`t understand that. I do the lists on those 2 pages. Can you help & explain what you mean please.

I don't understand Cavegirl's post either - the index works for well me!x

MEXICAN CHILLI CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 0.5 Syns per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into chunks
3 level tbsp. Discovery chipotle paste - 2.5 Syns
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped
140g long grain rice
400g can pinto beans, drained
Small pack of coriander, finely chopped, with a few leaves left for a garnish
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. sweetener or to taste

Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight. Cook the onion and peppers until softened.
Add the chipotle paste and cook for 1 minute, whilst stirring.
Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the tomatoes, along with a tomato can full of water, making sure the chicken chunks are covered.
Gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the rice, according to instructions, until tender. Add the pinto beans for the last couple minutes of cooking time.
Drain well and stir in the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season to taste and cover to keep warm.
Add the sweetener to the chicken/tomato mixture and season to taste.
Serve with the rice and scattered with the whole coriander leaves.

thx Chocko another ice one to tryxx

In settings you can set how many posts to a page. So if I have mine set to 50 and you have yours set to 25 then when there are 100 posts I will only have 2 pages but you would have 4. So if you said the index is on page 3 it wouldn't be for me as I don't have a page 3.

So when the first post of this thread gets updated if the post number was put in front of the recipe name then we could just go to that post.
Thx get what u mean now x

Last edited:
Wow! That'd be fantastic, cavegirl but, as I'm sure you can guess, way beyond my technological talents!!! :D That would be so good though!

Kathy x

SWEET POTATO AND CHORIZO SOUP - Serves 4

Approx. 5 Syns for the whole recipe

75g diced chorizo - 5 Syns (approx.)
1 onion, chopped
1 large clove of garlic, chopped
750g sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 pints hot chicken or vegetable stock
2 sprigs of rosemary

Cook the chorizo in a non-stick pan until the juices run and it is crisp and golden. Remove with a slatted spoon and set aside.
Gently cook the onion in the chorizo oil, until softened.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
Stir in the sweet potato and cover with the stock.
Add the rosemary sprigs and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for approx. 15 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft.
Pull the woody rosemary stalks out, leaving any leaves that have dropped off, in the mixture.
Whizz with a hand blender or in a processor until the desired consistency, for your taste, is reached.
Add a little extra stock or some water if you need to thin it down.
Season to taste and serve in warmed bowls, garnished with the fried chorizo.

Back