Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Aww, thanks, hatch. I'm glad they help you out. Just wish I could create a new clickable index, like Darren did for me before. It would make life a lot easier for anyone searching for a particular recipe. I'm so useless with technology though - I can't even work out if I can delete the notice that appears on each of my posts (Click here for a fully indexed page of the recipes), without deleting the entire post!! :D Very misleading for everyone.

So glad Minis is up and running again though. :)

COWBOY STEW - Serves 4

Syn Free

8 SW sausages (or you could use other Synned sausages, if you prefer)
1 onion, finely chopped
4 chopped garlic cloves
1 chilli pepper, finely chopped (deseed, if preferred)
400g can baked beans
400g can mixed beans, drained
400g can chopped tomatoes

Spray a large pan with Frylight and slowly cook the sausages through. Chop into chunks.
Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion is soft.
Add the chilli pepper and the contents of the three cans. Stir well.
Simmer until the sauce thickens, then serve immediately.

Good served with a HEX chunk of crusty bread.

This recipe is based on one from the hedgecombers.com site.
Kathy

Aww, thanks, hatch. I'm glad they help you out. Just wish I could create a new clickable index, like Darren did for me before. It would make life a lot easier for anyone searching for a particular recipe. I'm so useless with technology though - I can't even work out if I can delete the notice that appears on each of my posts (Click here for a fully indexed page of the recipes), without deleting the entire post!! :D Very misleading for everyone.

So glad Minis is up and running again though. :)

It's all done via BBcode here if you were to do it, it would mean perhaps having page anchors. so you click a link and it takes you to the page the recipe is on, but... there's 135 pages haha not sure how it might work on the forum and sadly I can't gain access to the previous page link as the page is down / site is down BUT I may be able to help get you an index page as I'm pretty good with coding / figure it out :) x

Thanks so much, Lucie! That is so kind to even think about it! BBcode, page anchors - it's all like a foreign language to me! :D I am totally clueless about anything to do with technology! I've only recently learnt how to Copy and Paste!! Lol!

If you feel you want to face such a task, that would be great BUT I'll leave the thought with you. Please don't feel obliged, just because you've mentioned it. :) xx

STICKY SAUSAGES IN ONION GRAVY - Serves 4

1 Syn for the whole recipe

8 SW sausages or use Synned ones, if you prefer
3 onions, peeled and sliced
1 level tsp. honey - 1 Syn
1 tsp. fresh or dried thyme
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
400ml beef stock from a cube

Cook the sausages, however you like, whilst cooking the other ingredients.
Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight (or use Synned oil). Add the onions and stir well.
Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Cook until softened and mushy, stirring from time to time.
Remove the lid from the pan and add the honey and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
Cook for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions have softened further and turned golden.
Increase the heat to medium-high and gradually stir in the stock.
Add the thyme and stir.
Allow the gravy to thicken until it's sticky. Pour over the sausages.

This recipe is based on one from the twochubbycubs.com site.

KALE AND SWEET POTATO MASH - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using milk from allowance

150g kale, chopped
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
220g Quark
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp. dried dill
1 tsp. dried parsley
Half tsp. dried basil
Half tsp. dried thyme
50ml milk, taken from your milk allowance

Boil the potatoes, in a large pan, until soft. Drain into a colander and keep warm.
In the now empty pan, add the milk, Quark, herbs, garlic, seasoning to taste and kale.
Stir over a medium heat until the kale has wilted and reduced.
Add the potatoes back into the pan and mix together.

This mash goes perfectly with the sticky sausages, above.

Another recipe from twochubbycubs.com

SLOW COOKER LASAGNE - Serves 6

Syn Free, if using the cheese as part HEX's

400g 5% minced beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
500ml passata
2 tbsp. tomato puree
280g lasagne sheets
340g fat-free cottage cheese
250g Quark
As much reduced-fat Mozzarella as you like, cut into chunks - 65g is one person's HEX. You could replace the Mozzarella with some mature Cheddar, if you like.

Spray a large frying pan with Frylight. Heat over a medium heat.
Add the onion and sweat down.
Add the garlic and the mince - stir occasionally until no pink meat remains.
Add the tomatoes, passata, puree and, if you like, any speed food you have to hand.
Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, add all the cheeses together in a bowl and mix.
Spoon a quarter of the meat mixture into a slow cooker, which has previously been sprayed with Frylight - this helps with the washing up.
Top with a few lasagne sheets (broken up if need be) and then spread a quarter of the cheese mixture over the top.
Repeat three more times, ending with a cheese layer.
Cook on Low for 5 hours, with the lid on.

I have copied this recipe as it is printed but, anyone who 'knows' me knows I don't usually pre-cook anything that is going into the slow cooker, as I think it defeats the object. Because of this, I may try this out but layer it up without first pre-cooking the meat, etc. When I do, I'll let you know how it works out! :S

This recipe comes from the twochubbycubs.com site.

CRUNCHY HONEY AND GARLIC CHICKEN - Serves 2

1.5 - 3.5 Syns per serving

2 skinless chicken breasts
25g Panko breadcrumbs - 5 Syns OR make your own with part HEX's
1 tsp. black pepper
0.5 tsp. each salt, nutmeg, ginger, thyme, sage and paprika (if you leave anything out, sage and thyme are the ones to omit)
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tsp. dried garlic
2 eggs

FOR THE SAUCE:
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp. low-salt soy sauce
1 level tbsp. honey - 2.5 Syns

Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until 1cm thick all over.
Mix together the Panko/breadcrumbs, peppers, salt, herbs and dried garlic in a bowl.
Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7, making sure a baking tray is in there. Having a hot tray helps to crisp up the chicken and make it crunchy.
When the oven is hot enough, dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs, coating evenly.
Place onto the pre-heated baking tray and spray with Frylight.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes - don't open the door!

To Make The Sauce - Spray a small frying pan with Frylight. Heat over a medium/high heat.
Add the crushed garlic and stir constantly for about a minute.
Add the soy sauce and honey. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir occasionally for 1-2 minutes.

Good served with SW roasties or some spicy sweet potato wedges and a green veg.

This is another delicious looking recipe from twochubbycubs.com

BLOKE BURGERS - Makes 6

3 Syns for the whole amount, if using 2 tbsp. mustard and the bread as a part HEX

500g 5% minced beef
1 slice of bread, crumbled
1 egg
1 to 2 level tbsp. English mustard
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce - or, to taste. Could substitute with Synned BBQ sauce

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, along with salt and pepper, to taste and mix together well.
Form into 6 burger shapes, cover with cling-film and leave to firm up in the fridge for, at least, 30 minutes.
Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, checking they are thoroughly cooked in the middle before serving.

This recipe is from a guy called Wayne and is featured on the allrecipes.co.uk site.

I've just read the first few pages but already my mouth is watering! Some of these recipes sound amazing and I've quickly jotted some of them down to try next week as evening meals when I get home from work. Thanks for making this thread, it will be a big help for planning out some new meals for me to try, otherwise I'd get stuck eating the same things over and over and get bored and more likely to stop doing SW.

One recipe I always seem to be making plenty of (and I got it from these forums somewhere, so apologies for anyone reading this who recognises it!) is a spicy tomato sauce that can be made with mince or chicken had served with pasta or rice.

Pack of extra lean mince / chopped chicken breasts
Diced onion
Mushrooms, sliced
Peppers (whatever colour you like, cut into strips)
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili flakes (optional if you like it even more spicy)
500ml Passata
Rice/Pasta

Cook the mince / chicken in a little frylight until browned, add the veg and once cooked add the spices and stir then add the passata. Let it simmer for a few minutes whilst you prepare your rice/pasta. It is really easy to make and I think it tastes lovely. The recipe can be altered to make it spicier / milder depending on taste and sometimes I also add oregano or some mixed herbs for an extra bit of flavour. I've also tried it with the Schwartz Cajun Spice mix and it is lovely too. I also sometimes cheat by using the bags of frozen mixed pepper slices and the mixed diced vegetables that you can get in Sainsburys. Saves all that chopping, especially if you are in a rush. I always make a saucepan of it and with the leftovers, put it in to old Chinese takeaway tubs and keep them in the fridge for taking to work for lunch or the freezer for keeping longer. They are very handy if made with the Uncle Bens express rice pouches that you can microwave. Long Grain is only 1 syn and if their fancy pilau rice it is only 3½.

Now, I have some quark in the fridge I need to use so I'm looking for a nice sauce that can be made with it for having with pasta. Preferably one that can be made with or without meat as sometimes I prefer it without any meat!

Hi Paddy. Thanks for such a lovely comment - it makes it all worthwhile. :)

That sauce sounds good and very handy too.

I did put a cheese Quark sauce on here somewhere, that is really easy and very tasty but can't remember where! That's the trouble with not being brainy enough to create an index! :D

Good luck with your cooking and weight loss.

MOIST GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - Serves 6

Syn Free

1 whole chicken - 1.8kg
1 large lemon, sliced
6 cloves of garlic, sliced
6 sprigs of fresh thyme

Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3.
Place a large sheet of greaseproof or baking parchment into the middle of a roasting tray. The paper should be large enough to wrap around the chicken plus plenty of extra for folding over.
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
Stuff with half the lemon slices and place, breast side up, in the middle of the paper.
Sprinkle garlic slices and the thyme sprigs evenly over the chicken.
Lay the remaining slices of lemon over the breast.
Fold the paper over the chicken, forming a loose parcel.
Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about one and a half to two hours or until the juices run clear.

Love this recipe! The chicken is SO moist that I don't usually even bother with gravy so we can taste the gorgeous flavours. Usually just serve it with SW roasties and lots of veg.

This recipe features on the allrecipes.co.uk site and is by a lady shown as Helen H.

LENTIL SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH SMOKY CHEESE MASH - Serves 4

Half a Syn per serving, if using the cheese as HEX's

1kg. potatoes, cut into even sizes
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
410g tin of green lentils, drained
50g sun-dried tomatoes (brought back to life in hot water) - 2 Syns
1 tbsp. tomato puree
160g reduced fat mature or smoked cheese, grated

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Cook the potato until tender - keeping aside a mug of the water, drain and set aside.
Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the onions over a low/medium heat for about 15 minutes, covered. Stir from time to time. Remove from the heat.
Add the garlic, tomatoes, lentils, rejuvenated sun-dried tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning to taste. Stir well.
Mash the potatoes to your preferred consistency, loosening with a little of the reserved water and add most of the grated cheese, saving enough to scatter over the top.
Pour the lentil mixture into a casserole dish, spreading the mashed potato on the top.
Scatter with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.

Good served with kale or any other green veg.

This recipe is from the twochubbycubs.com site.

No, I've no idea, Doreen!. When I came back on here, I had a look for them but they seem to have disappeared without a trace! Weird! It's good to see you on here though. At the moment I just C+P whatever recipes I put on FF and that's about it.

Kathy xx

EASY PEASY BEEF CURRY - Serves 4

Syn Free

1kg diced beef, all visible fat removed
250ml beef stock
2 tbsp. tomato puree
2 tbsp. ground coriander, or to taste
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground turmeric
2 tsp. grated ginger (not ground)
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
Two and a half tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. chilli powder

In a small bowl, mix together all the dry spices and the lemon juice, until a paste is formed. Set aside.
Heat a large pan over a high heat (sprayed with Frylight).
Add the beef, stir and cook until brown - you may have to do this in two batches.
Remove the beef from the pan, turn the heat down to medium, let it cool a little, add the spice paste and stir around the bottom of the pan for about 30 seconds.
Return the beef to the pan and stir for a minute, so that it's well coated in paste.
Add the tomato puree and beef stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cover.
Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
At the end of this cooking time, remove the lid and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes to thicken it up.

If you like, you can add a chilli pepper, along with the tomato puree. You can also chop a beef tomato into chunks and add that in for the final 15 minutes, along with some rocket leaves or spinach.

This is a recipe taken from the site twochubbycubs.com

Hi Purple Patsy. I've had a look on my laptop but, unfortunately, the index pages aren't on 41 and 73, like yours. :( Oh, well, I guess it means just plodding through them then but, thanks for telling us anyway. :) x

BNS, CHILLI AND GINGER SOUP

Syn Free

1kg BNS - skin left on, deseeded and diced
1 clove of garlic, skin left on
Sprinkle of ground nutmeg
Quarter tsp. chilli flakes (or less, if you're a wimp, like me!)
25g fresh ginger, grated
1 large onion, finely chopped
600ml water
2 chicken stock cubes (or vegetable for a veggie recipe)
1 tsp. lemon juice
Coriander leaves

Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Line a roasting tin with baking parchment and spray with Frylight.
Put your diced BNS onto the tray, along with the clove of garlic. Spray with Frylight and cook for 35 minutes.
Spray a deep pan with Frylight and sauté the onion and spices until the onion is soft. This is quicker with the lid on but don't forget to stir from time to time.
Once the BNS is cooked, tip all the ingredients into the pan (squeezing the garlic from its skin first), along with a handful of chopped coriander (reserving some for the top).
Bring everything to the boil, then carefully blend until smooth, either in a food processor, a soup maker or with a stick blender. Season to taste.
Serve in warmed bowls with a sprinkling of coriander leaves for garnish.

This recipe is an adaptation from a book by Lorraine Pascale and it was adapted by Vikkie from tastefullyvikkie.com

SAUSAGE STROGANOTT - Serves 2

Syn Free

6 SW sausages (or Syn others you may prefer)
1 onion, finely chopped
4 bacon medallions, all visible fat removed
500g mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
250ml beef stock
4 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tsp. smoked paprika

Cook the sausages, then cut into four pieces each and set aside.
Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and cook the onion until softened.
Add the bacon and garlic and continue cooking until the bacon is done.
Add the mushroom slices and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
Add the stock, tomato puree and the paprika, stir and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Add the sausage pieces and continue to simmer until the sauce has thickened a little.

Could be served with something simple like mash and peas or whatever you fancy!

If you want it a little creamier, stir through a spoonful of Quark, just prior to serving.

Recipe taken from the twochubbycubs.com site.

Back