Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Glad you liked it, Jackie. We had the sticky gammon tonight. Didn't have any fresh chillies so used dried and it was still lovely. :)

HONEY AND MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS/BREASTS - Serves 4.

Syns - 4.5 for the whole recipe

4 chicken thighs or breasts
400g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp. of runny honey - 2.5
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard - 2

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the chicken and squash in an ovenproof dish and season with salt and black pepper.
In a small bowl mix together the honey and mustard.
Drizzle over the chicken and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with salad or veg and mash, etc.

This was soooo yum!

I'm so glad you liked it, Autumn. It's really lovely to come in from a day at work, especially one where the child you look after has been a nightmare for practically every member of staff, (I'm a Teaching Assistant!) to log on to MM's and find such welcome messages. Thanks, it really cheers me up! :) Is hubby back from his week away yet? Maybe you could try some out on him! xx

70. CREAMY TAGLIATELLE WITH SAUSAGE, RICOTTA AND BASIL - Serves 4

Syns per serving, if using 2 sausages each - 2.5 or 3 to be on the safe side (It won't divide equally! :S)

1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
8 BGTY Cumberland sausages, or similar, with skins removed
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g dried tagliatelle
Handful of fresh basil, reserving a few smaller leaves to garnish
125g tub of Ricotta cheese - 10 Syns

Spray a frying pan with Frylight and heat.
Add the onion and garlic and soften for about 10 minutes.
Tip in the sausage-meat, cut into chunks and brown for 5 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened and the sausage-meat cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
Season the tomato mixture and toss through the drained pasta. Tear the basil and stir it through as well.
Spoon into individual serving bowls and grind some black pepper over, before dotting with Ricotta.
Garnish with the reserved leaves.

Lovely with a HEX chunk of crusty bread.

Last edited:
71. CHICKEN, BUTTER BEAN AND CHORIZO BAKE - Serves 2

Syns per serving - 3.5. If topping with cheese, either use as half a HEX or add 3 extra Syns per serving.

100g chopped chorizo - 6.5 Syns
1 finely diced onion
2 skinless chicken breasts
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can butter beans or beans to suit your taste - never tried it with anything else though. :S
A small bunch of chopped parsley, if liked

Could top with 30g grated mature Cheddar.

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
In a flameproof casserole dish, fry the chorizo over a medium heat until crisp and the oil is running from it.
Add the diced onion and continue to fry for about 5 minutes or until soft. Remove the chorizo and onion mixture and set aside.
Increase the heat and sear the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side before lowering the heat back down to medium and returning the chorizo and onion to the dish.
Add the tomatoes, butter beans and chopped parsley. Season with black pepper.
If liked, top the food with the grated cheese and bake for 25 minutes.

This recipe was adapted from the delicious web-site.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you liked it, Autumn. It's really lovely to come in from a day at work, especially one where the child you look after has been a nightmare for practically every member of staff, (I'm a Teaching Assistant!) to log on to MM's and find such welcome messages. Thanks, it really cheers me up! :) Is hubby back from his week away yet? Maybe you could try some out on him! xx

Awwww glad it cheers you up, you must have so much patience being a teaching assistant! He is back so we had it together, e really enjoyed it, although he put extra honey and mustard on his lol

72. SPRING CHICKEN CASSEROLE - Serves 4

Just under 1 Syn per serving

500ml chicken stock
8 skinless chicken thighs
150g baby carrots
500g small new potatoes or halved new potatoes
2 Little Gem lettuces, halved
150g peas
2 salad onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. half-fat crème fraiche - 3 Syns
4 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley

Put the stock and chicken pieces in a large pan. Bring to the boil and cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are almost cooked.
Add the lettuce, peas and spring onions. Cover and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until the peas are tender and the chicken thoroughly cooked through.
If too much liquid remaining, uncover and bring to a rapid boil until the liquid has reduced to the desired consistency.
Stir through the crème fraiche and parsley and serve immediately.

Last edited:
73. SMOKED SALMON PATE - Syn Free. Great for on hot pasta, crispbreads, toast or ScanBran.

100g finely sliced smoked salmon
200g Quark - could use Light Philadelphia but would obviously have to Syn it.
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
Black pepper

Place the salmon and Quark in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Add other ingredients and blitz again until this is smooth too.
Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.

Last edited:
Easy Fish Pie

Haddock pieces
Colmans Parsley sauce (3 syns)
1 onion
Sliced potatoes
Cheese

I made my pie in the slow cooker. Add the fish pieces, chopped onion, parsley sauce mix all together. Then top with cheese. Allow to cook on the low setting all day.

About 30 minutes before you want to serve add the cheese to the top then once melted serve.

image-681084951.jpg

image-2737985455.jpg

image-4105855574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

74. EASY LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO WEDGES - Serves 6

2 Syns per whole recipe

6 skinless chicken breasts
1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
500g fluffy potatoes, e.g., King Edwards, scrubbed and cut into wedges
1 lemon
6 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of runny honey - 2 Syns
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
6 sprigs of fresh rosemary

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mk. 6.
Frylight a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 3 minutes each side before transferring to a large roasting tin, along with the onion and potato wedges.
Grate the zest from the lemon and cut in half.
Cut one of the halves into wedges and add to the roasting tin with 4 of the garlic cloves.
Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lemon and mix with the zest, honey and remaining crushed garlic.
Dot this mixture over the chicken and spray and season well, before adding the herbs.
Bake for one hour or until the potato wedges are tender and the chicken cooked through.

Last edited:
EASY LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO WEDGES - Serves 6

2 Syns per whole recipe

6 skinless chicken breasts
1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
500g fluffy potatoes, e.g., King Edwards, scrubbed and cut into wedges
1 lemon
6 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of runny honey - 2 Syns
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
6 sprigs of fresh rosemary

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mk. 6.
Frylight a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 3 minutes each side before transferring to a large roasting tin, along with the onion and potato wedges.
Grate the zest from the lemon and cut in half.
Cut one of the halves into wedges and add to the roasting tin with 4 of the garlic cloves.
Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lemon and mix with the zest, honey and remaining crushed garlic.
Dot this mixture over the chicken and spray and season well, before adding the herbs.
Bake for one hour or until the potato wedges are tender and the chicken cooked through.

Definately going to try this, thanks x

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGE 55 and 98

75. BACON ROAST CHICKEN WITH SPICY POTATOES - Serves 6

Syn Free

6 or more skinless chicken breasts
The same amount of bacon rashers as chicken breasts, all fat removed
1 onion, chopped
675g baby new potatoes,halved
2 tbsp. each of dried basil and chives
1 tbsp. each of garlic granules and chilli spice

Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6.
Wrap each chicken piece in a rasher of bacon or two, trying to cover as much of the chicken as possible.
Place the wrapped chicken pieces in a baking dish and season with black pepper, before sprinkling over the onion pieces.
Push the potatoes down in between the chicken pieces and around the edge of the dish. Spray well with Frylight.
Combine the chives, basil, garlic granules, chilli and a little more black pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes.
Bake in the oven for about one hour, until the bacon is crisp and brown and the potatoes are tender.
Lovely too if you smear one tbsp. of honey over the chicken breasts for the last 15 mins of cooking. Don't forget to Syn this though! :)

Last edited:
76. ALOO jEERA - Serves 6-8

Syn Free

1kg new potatoes
2 tbsp. cumin seeds
1 dessertspoon ground turmeric
1 dessertspoon curry powder
1 dessertspoon of coarse sea salt (if poss)
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Handful of chopped coriander

Cut the potatoes into quarters and boil until just tender. Drain and set aside, keeping warm.
Frylight a large frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Saute the cumin, turmeric and curry powder for one minute.
Add the potatoes and sauté until slightly crisping.
Toss the potato mixture with the sea salt, pepper, fresh coriander and serve hot.
Good with just some fresh salad or houmous. OK, so I can't remember how to spell it!! :D

Last edited:
77. POTATO CURRY WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEAS - Serves 2

Syn Free

1 small onion, cut into chunks
3 garlic cloves, peeled
5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
250g chestnut mushrooms, halved
2 tsp curry powder (preferably Madras) - this will make a mild curry. Add more, to taste.
375g small new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
Half a teaspoon of salt
150g frozen peas, thawed
125g fat free natural yoghurt - could use crème fraiche (don't forget to Syn) or Quark

Combine the onion, garlic, ginger and 3 tbsp. water in a blender or food processor to make a puree.
Spray a frying pan with Frylight and heat over a medium heat. Add the onion puree and cook for about 5 mins or until the liquid has evaporated.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 3 mins or until just tender.
Stir in the curry powder. Add the potatoes and salt to the pan and stir so that the potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
Add 250ml of water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes until heated through. Remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt and serve immediately.

Last edited:
78. CHICKPEA DHAL JACKET POTATO FILLING - Serves 3-4

Syn Free

1 small cauliflower
400g can chickpea dhal - Tesco has Syn Free chickpea dhal
100g frozen peas
Total 0% Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander

Cook tiny florets from the cauliflower until just beginning to soften. Place in a pan sprayed with Frylight and cook for a further 3 mins.
Add 3 tbsp. of water to the cauliflower and cook for another 3 minutes until tender and liquid has evaporated.
Add the chickpea dhal and the peas. Heat gently until the peas are hot and the dhal is bubbling.
Spoon onto baked potatoes and top with the yoghurt.

Last edited:
Im trying out your honey mustard chicken tonight :) thanks for a brilliant thread of lovely easy meals!

Maybe you could make some sort of index at the beginning of your ever expanding list of yumminess :) xxx

Thanks very much for your lovely comments. :) Yes, an index would be good but I'm completely thick where computers are concerned so I wouldn't know where to start! I was actually just looking through the latest recipes I've added and thinking I'd better write them down (good old pen and paper! :S ) so I don't duplicate any, when I noticed your comment! :D Id anyone can give me extremely easy step by step instructions on how to create an index, that would be great! x

Back