Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Lol! Ah, thanks Sparty. I must say I was surprised when I saw all the likes - pleasantly though! :D I hope you like any you try and that'd be great if you could post one or two as well. :)

This is definitely my favourite thread, unfortunately I have no recipes to bring to the table, but my confidence in cooking is growing and I'm loving the recipes!

Thanks for such a lovely comment, Autumn. You really make it worthwhile doing and it's great your confidence is growing too. :) x

55. BALSAMIC AND HERBY CHICKEN - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 chicken breasts
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 chicken Oxo
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. of fresh basil and 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
1 tsp dried oregano
Half a teaspoon of dried thyme

Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
Spray a medium pan with Frylight.
Brown the chicken and add the onion and garlic, cooking until softened.
Pour the balsamic vinegar and tomatoes over the mixture and sprinkle the Oxo cube in.
Simmer gently for about 30 minutes and check the chicken is thoroughly cooked. If the sauce seems too thin, let it bubble more vigorously until it has reduced down.
Sprinkle all the herbs in and stir the sauce well.
Good served with mash, rice or couscous and plenty of veg.

Last edited:
56. CHEATS BEEF KEEMA - Serves 4

Syn Free

675g extra lean minced beef
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. garam masala
1 tsp salt
4 tsp tomato puree
180ml beef stock from a stock cube

In a large pan dry-fry the beef until evenly brown. Transfer to a bowl and drain any excess fat from the pan.
If necessary, spray the pan with Frylight and cook the onion until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further minute.
Stir in the garam masala and salt and cook for another minute.
Return the browned beef to the pan and stir in the tomato puree and stock.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and the liquid has evaporated.

Quite nice with wilted spinach stirred through.

Last edited:
Good idea there. One I do is mix a little mint sauce in with mushy peas if I'm having a roast. Mmmm

Omg that is actually so clever!!! These tips are great lol

I've seen garem masala mentioned a lot, is it like a curry paste?

Baked rice

500g mince
Your favorite bolognaise sauce
75g rice per person

Make up your bolognaise sauce as normal, make it quite a strong tomato flavour as the rice absorbs the mixture.
Boil your rice for a couple of mins and add to the mixture, mix in the 2 eggs and pour in baking dish.
Bake for about 50-1hr at 160.
Sprinkle with parmesan if required.

This was really nice and so filling. I had loads of sauce so used about 450g rice and that would feed probably 5-6. I added lots of peppers and mushrooms aswell oh and make sure you dont boil rice too long otherwise it goes a bit mushy

57. STICKY GAMMON STEAKS - Serves 2

2.5 Syns per serving

1 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice Powder
2 gammon steaks with all visible fat removed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 small/medium orange, zested and juiced
2 level tbsp. of clear honey - 5 Syns
Half a teaspoon soy sauce

Sprinkle the 5 spice over the steaks.
Lightly Frylight a large frying pan and cook the steaks over a high heat for one minute each side or until the edges are just turning brown.
Add the chilli, orange juice and zest and also the honey and soy sauce. Simmer rapidly until the sauce is sticky and the gammon is glazed and golden.
Serve immediately with any pan juices poured over.

Good served with rice and lots of steamed veg.

Last edited:
My first recipe to add....

Mushroom risotto - syn free (makes two lunch sized portions)

Arborio rice 250g
Onion
Mushrooms
Vegetable stock 750ml
Garlic

Chop the onion and garlic and fry until soft in fry light. Then add the arborio rice to the pan and stir for a minute.
Meanwhile make up the stock and add it bit by bit stirring all the time to the rice and onion.
Chop and fry some mushrooms (I used closed cup and chestnut) with salt and pepper.
Add the mushrooms to the mix and continue to stir until all the water is absorbed and the rice is soft.

You could even try adding a hexa of cheese on the top.

Brilliant! Thanks, Sparty. :) This sounds lovely. It's typical though - I've just this minute finished writing out my menu and shopping list for the next seven days and have decided to have a change from EE and go for an Original week!!! :( Having said that though, I haven't done anything but EE for years so it probably won't last all week! Just love the flexibility of EE. Will definitely try this though. Thank-you.

Piri piri Chicken free

For one

2 Chicken thighs or one breast skin off
Schwartz piri piri flakes

Just sprinkle the flakes over the chicken and cook in oven until chicken cooked,

I serve with roast veg. Sliced corgette, onion, mushroom butternut squash -not too big - sliced potato or sweet potato, tomato etc.anything you like really.

Flakes are quite hot but lovely

This is one of my favourites

Chocko I have just had your chicken korma, oh my goodness, beautiful!!!

58. GREEK CHICKEN BAKE - Serves 4

Syns per serving - If using half a HEX/A for the Feta cheese, it works out at 1 Syn per serving. If not using Feta as a HEX, with reduced fat Feta it will be 3 Syns per serving and, if using full fat Feta, it will be 4.5 Syns per serving. This is working with 25g Feta. Hope that all makes sense! :S

8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, halved
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
120ml dry white wine
400g can of chopped tomatoes
100g Feta cheese
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced. Could use dried chilli I suppose.
8 sprigs of fresh oregano

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Spray a large ovenproof dish with Frylight and fry the chicken thighs over a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the garlic and red pepper to the dish. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
Return the chicken to the dish with the chopped tomatoes and some freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Crumble the Feta into the dish and scatter over the chilli and the oregano sprigs. Bake for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick. If this is taking longer than you can wait, stick it back on the hob with the lid removed and simmer rapidly until it has reached the desired consistency.

We have just had this and it was very tasty. I added some spinach too and we had it with baked sweet potatoes and butternut squash.

Last edited:
So glad you liked it, Autumn. Thanks for letting me know. :) Got a slight headache atm but, if it goes off, I'm planning on having a go at the ice-cream shown earlier in the thread so I'll let you know if it's successful or not!

THAI CHICKEN CAKES WITH SWEET CHILLI SAUCE - Serves 2-3. Only Syns are for each level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce used - 1.5 Syns

2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped or crushed
Small piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (I cheat and use three quarters of a teaspoon of ground ginger)
1 small onion, roughly chopped
4 tbsp. fresh coriander or 1-2 tsp. ground coriander - obviously, fresh tastes better
1 green chilli, seeded and roughly chopped

Toss the chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, coriander and chilli into a food processor and season well. Blitz until the chicken is finely ground and everything is well mixed.
Use your hands to shape into six small cakes. Fry them in Frylight over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning once.
Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, shredded spring onion and red chilli, if you're brave enough! :D

made this last night it was yummy, decided to plan my evening meals for the week and most are of here :) doing prawns and rice tonight. Thanks chocko1 x

59. FROZEN YOGURT POPS - Makes 4 lollies.

Syns per lolly - approx. 0.5, if using fat free natural yogurt or 1 per lolly, if using low fat natural yogurt

60g frozen summer fruits
150g fat free or low fat natural yogurt
1 tbsp. clear honey - 2.5 Syns

Let the frozen summer berries soften slightly then tip into a small bowl.
Add the natural yogurt and the honey and stir until well combined - the yogurt should turn a pale pink/purple colour once the juices from the summer fruits are all mixed in.
Divide the mixture between 4 x 50ml lolly moulds and freeze for 4 hours until set.

Last edited:
60. SPINACH AND BACON FRITTATA - Serves 4

Syns per serving - approx. 0.5, if using the cheese as part of your HEX.

500g new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into rounds
6 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed and cut into bite sized pieces
6 large eggs, beaten
100ml semi-skimmed milk - 2.5 Syns
200g baby spinach
4 Spring onions, chopped
50g grated mature Cheddar

In a large pan of boiling water, cook the sliced potatoes for 5-10 minutes or until just tender.
Meanwhile, heat a 22cm frying pan, one with a lid or could use tin foil to cover, and cook the bacon pieces for 5 minutes until starting to brown. Place in a large bowl.
Put the beaten eggs, milk, spinach, spring onions and cooked potato in the bowl with the bacon and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the frying pan, cover with the lid and cook over a low/medium heat for about 10 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium.
Remove from the heat and scatter the grated cheese over the top.
Put under the grill and cook for 10 minutes until set and golden.
Serve with a huge salad or, if you're really hungry, with SW wedges as well!

Obviously, add in any veg at all. I sometimes add mushrooms and peppers too and sometimes leave the potato out. Suppose anything goes.

Last edited:
Back