Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

79. SPICY MEXICAN CHICKEN WITH POTATOES - Serves 4

Syns per serving - negligible

4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 onion, diced
750g potatoes, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 tsp Discovery Mexican Chipotle Paste - negligible as it's only 0.5 Syn per 1 level tbsp. so add more if you prefer more heat!
400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
400g chopped tomatoes

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and cook the chicken, onion and potato for 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients with 150ml of water, bring to the boil and transfer to a casserole dish.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through. Check the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the potatoes are tender.
Serve with chopped, fresh coriander.
Lovely with warmed tortillas but don't forget to Syn! :)

Last edited:
80. SPICY INDIAN POTATOES WITH TANDOORI CHICKEN - Serves 4

Syn Free

800g potatoes - Maris Piper are good for this recipe. Cut into small roastie sizes.
4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed (don't cut them too small though or they will dry out)
50g FF natural yoghurt
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. garam masala
1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger (could use dried)
1 tsp turmeric

Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Spray a frying pan with Frylight and add the cayenne, stirring for about 30 seconds. Allow pan to cool.
Stir in the yoghurt and add the ginger and garlic. Stir in the chicken and marinate for 10 minutes. Thread onto four skewers.
Spray a baking tray with Fylight. Put the potatoes on the tray and spray liberally with Frylight before sprinkling with the turmeric and seasoning well with salt and black pepper.
Place on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 10 minutes before putting the kebabs on another sprayed tray and baking for a further 20-25 minutes. Turn the kebabs halfway through. If the chicken begins to look a bit dry, cover with foil.
Sprinkle the garam masala over the potatoes a few minutes before the end of cooking.
Place the kebabs under a moderate preheated grill for 5 mins to finish off.
Lovely served with a yoghurt and cucumber dip.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a chicken casserole recipe that consists of throwing everything in the slow cooker? Lol have a craving for it!
Xxx

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

Thanks very much for your lovely comments. :) Yes, an index would be good but I'm completely thick where computers are concerned so I wouldn't know where to start! I was actually just looking through the latest recipes I've added and thinking I'd better write them down (good old pen and paper! :S ) so I don't duplicate any, when I noticed your comment! :D Id anyone can give me extremely easy step by step instructions on how to create an index, that would be great! x

I'm thick as piggy poop with the computer stuff too lol :eek:

The honey mustard chicken last night was flippin amazing!!! I could happily eat that every day ha ha xxx

81. CHICKEN CASSEROLE FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 skinless chicken portions
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 or more potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
450ml chicken stock (from a stock cube)
2 tsp mixed dried herbs or chopped fresh herbs
Seasoning and a little tomato puree, if liked

Brown the chicken pieces a little in a pan first, if liked. I never bother. I just throw everything in my slow cooker, making sure all the veg is covering the bottom and at the sides, as it takes longer to cook than the chicken.
Otherwise, just put everything in the slow cooker and leave for about 7 hours on the low setting.
Obviously, you can put in whatever veg you like. I sometimes add mushrooms and peppers too. If the stock needs thickening at the end of the cooking time, I add a tbsp. of cornflour to it, stirring all the time. 3.5 Syns per level tbsp. so still under 1 Syn per serving.

Hope this helps, C Millan. :)

Last edited:
CHICKEN CASSEROLE FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 skinless chicken portions
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 or more potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
450ml chicken stock (from a stock cube)
2 tsp mixed dried herbs or chopped fresh herbs
Seasoning and a little tomato puree, if liked

Brown the chicken pieces a little in a pan first, if liked. I never bother. I just throw everything in my slow cooker, making sure all the veg is covering the bottom and at the sides, as it takes longer to cook than the chicken.
Otherwise, just put everything in the slow cooker and leave for about 7 hours on the low setting.
Obviously, you can put in whatever veg you like. I sometimes add mushrooms and peppers too. If the stock needs thickening at the end of the cooking time, I add a tbsp. of cornflour to it, stirring all the time. 3.5 Syns per level tbsp. so still under 1 Syn per serving.

Hope this helps, C Millan. :)

This is exactly what I do too. Because it is just me I divide and put some in freezer. Sometimes when heating one of them up I put some curry powder in it. Nathing fancy just mild curry powder and let it cook a little in pan.

82. STEWED RHUBARB AND VANILLA YOGHURT - Serves 4. Courtesy of Jamie Oliver (with slight alterations!) :)

3.5 Syns per whole recipe

700g rhubarb, trimmed and chopped
Juice and zest of 1 orange
Granulated sweetener to taste
1 tsp of ground ginger
1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
250 ml FF natural or vanilla yoghurt

Place the chopped rhubarb in a pan with the orange juice and zest, sweetener, 2 tbsp. of water and the ginger.
Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft and cooked through but still holds its shape.
Meanwhile, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and mix into the yoghurt with a little more sweetener.
Serve the warm rhubarb with a large dollop of the yoghurt on top.

Last edited:
83. POTATO AND VEGETABLE TAGINE - Serves 4

1 Syn per whole recipe

600g potatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, thickly sliced (200g)
1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
2 tsp tagine paste - 1 Syn
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Half to one teaspoon of paprika, dependent on personal taste.
2 tbsp. tomato puree

Boil the potatoes for five minutes and then drain.
Frylight a large frying pan and cook the onion, carrot and potatoes for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season.
Serve with a dollop of FF natural yoghurt, if liked.

Can be frozen but be sure to defrost thoroughly before reheating.

Last edited:
I thought cooked rhubarb had to be synned? x

Oh, not sure! I'll check it out online, thanks. :)

Just checked, Hazie and, yes, you're quite right! Thanks for alerting me to that mistake - I'd hate to mess anyone's slimming regime up! I've now edited the recipe accordingly. Thanks again. xx

Last edited:
Oh, not sure! I'll check it out online, thanks. :)

Just checked, Hazie and, yes, you're quite right! Thanks for alerting me to that mistake - I'd hate to mess anyone's slimming regime up! I've now edited the recipe accordingly. Thanks again. xx

No probs! I just bought some as I love it so will try out your recipe, its a shame its synned but at least its not much x

84. MADRAS POTATO AND LENTIL CURRY - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per whole recipe

680g potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
250g small cauliflower florets
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Half tbsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. Madras curry powder
100g red lentils
400g can chopped tomatoes
250ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp. malt vinegar
1 tbsp. Patak's mango chutney

Spray large frying pan with Frylight and heat over a medium heat.
Stir in the potatoes, cauliflower, onion and garlic and cook until the garlic begins to brown a little.
Stir in the curry powder and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the lentils, tomatoes, vegetable stock, vinegar and chutney.
Season with salt and pepper. Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
Good served with basmati rice.

Last edited:
85. JAPANESE STYLE DRUMSTICKS IN THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 4

Syn Free

8 chicken drumsticks
2 cups of water
One cup of balsamic vinegar
Two thirds of a cup of reduced salt soy sauce
4 tbsp. of granulated sweetener (add more at end, if needed)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 small hot chilli peppers, slit open and seeds removed (could use chilli flakes to taste)

Brown the drumsticks in a large frying pan sprayed with Frylight first.
Transfer to the slow cooker and add all the other ingredients. Cook for 4 hours on Low.
Check chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from slow cooker and keep warm.
Pour the juices into a pan and simmer rapidly until reduced down to a sauce.
Serve chicken with rice or noodles, with sauce spooned over.
Good with green beans and baby sweet-corn.

Last edited:
STUFFED PEPPERS - 1/2 SYN IF USING CHEESE AS A HEX
(Serves two as part of a meal or as a snack)

Two whole peppers - any colour
One packet Ainsley Harriet couscous - any flavour you like but i used roasted veg. Most of these are 1/2 syn per packet.
2 x hexa of cheese (grated)
Frylight

1. Cut the peppers in half lengthways and carefully take out the seedy bit in the middle.
2. Pop them in an oven dish and spray with frylight - put them into the oven for about 8-10 minutes on 180.
3. Make up the couscous while the peppers are in the oven.
4. Take peppers out and spoon the couscous inside and then top with the cheese
5. Pop them back in the oven until the cheesy is melted and slightly brown.

Works great for a BBQ or just served with salad. You could also fry up some superfree peppers, mushrooms, courgette, onions etc to add to the couscous. (have done this and its yummy!)

Sounds great, Sparty. My OH will particularly love these. Thanks so much for adding in another recipe! x

86. BAKED LAMB IN TOMATO WITH FETA - Serves 4

Either 3.5 Syns per serving or 0 Syns if using Feta as a HEX. You can have 45g of Feta for a HEX.

500g baby new potatoes
400g can of chopped tomatoes
Half a tbsp. of thyme
1 garlic clove, crushed
400g lamb leg steaks - all visible fat removed
100g Feta cheese, cut into cubes

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Cut the potatoes in quarters, place in a roasting dish and spray well with Frylight. Roast for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and stir in tomatoes, thyme and garlic.
Once well mixed, place the lamb on top and crumble the Feta over.
Return the dish to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Check the lamb is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook up lots of seasonal veg to accompany the lamb.

Last edited:
87. CAJUN BLACKENED CHICKEN - Serves 2

Syn Free

1 tsp paprika
Quarter tsp of salt
Half tsp cayenne pepper
Half tsp ground cumin
Small pinch of dried thyme (less than half a teaspoon)
Quarter tsp of white pepper and garlic powder
2 skinless chicken breasts

Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Mix together all of the spices and rub over both sides of the chicken breasts.
Spray a heavy frying pan well with Frylight and heat over a high heat.
Place chicken in the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
Spray a baking tray with the Frylight and place the chicken on this. Bake for 10 minutes, or until no longer pink and the juices are running clear.
Tastes great on a HEX bread roll with lettuce and Synned mayo.

Last edited:
Wow, I have just read through all your recipes, SUBSCRIBING!!!......so many great meals to try out - I am literally drooling:drool:

Don't know where to start, there are so many recipes I wnat to try out right away :p- think I will just have to start at the beginning and work my way through!! - thank you Chocko :D

Back