Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

What a fantastic thread! Must have written down at least 15 recipes to try over the new couple of week :)

Definitely subscribing too!

Helen xx

Ah, thank-you both so much. It's comments like these that make it worth doing. Hope you both like whatever you try out. :) x

88. CHILLI CHICKEN - Serves 6

Syn Free

1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
1 heaped teaspoon chilli powder
Half a tbsp. ground cumin
1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 medium red chilli, diced and seeds removed
500g passatta
250ml chicken stock
400g can kidney beans, drained

Spray a large pan with Frylight and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken and lightly brown on a medium heat.
Then add the chilli powder, cumin and seasoning to taste. Stir on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add chopped peppers and the chopped chilli and continue to cook on a medium heat for a further 2 minutes.
Add passatta and chicken stock, stir well and turn to a low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 55 minutes. Add kidney beans, stir and simmer for a further 20 minutes.

Good with rice, noodles or SW chips.

Last edited:
With thanks to xmisskx, here is my dinner from last night!

EE or red

Hunters chicken - free if using cheese as a hexa

For the sauce: (This makes enough for 2 or 3 generous portions)
227ml passatta (1/2 a carton)
3tbsp sweetener
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder

Mix it all up in a saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer until it thickens up.

For the chicken:
Chicken breast (one per person)
Bacon
Cheese (hexa)

Wrap the chicken breast in bacon and pop in the oven on a baking tray. I had my oven at about 180 degrees. Then when its nearly cooked, sprinkle the cheese over the top. Put it back into the oven to let the cheese melt and then serve with the sauce drizzled over the chicken.

Last night I had it served with peas, sweetcorn and sweet potato chips. :)

OVEN BAKED RISOTTO -

This is supposed to serve 4 as a main meal but, so far, it never has done. I would say 2-3 portions or serves 4 as a side dish. Syn Free if you use the cheese as a HEX.

This is my absolute favourite risotto. It is creamy, tasty and filling, Syn Free and no standing stirring, just bung it in the oven. :D It is also really flexible so you can ring the changes however you want to.

250g smoked bacon, cut into bite size pieces and all visible fat removed
1 onion, chopped
300g risotto/Arborio rice - I've never used anything else and, because this turns out so creamily perfect, I wouldn't even chance using a substitute
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
700ml hot chicken stock - from a cube is fine
2 HEX cheeses - I always use mature Cheddar but the original recipe suggests Parmesan.

Pre-heat the oven to 180/gas 6.
Fry the bacon in an ovenproof dish until crisp. Spray dish with a little Frylight.
Stir in the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 mins. until softening. I always tend to cook the onion in a small bowl with a teaspoon of water, covered, in the microwave on High for
3 mins, drain, then add to the bacon. It softens it really well.
Tip in the rice and mix together well.
Tip in the cherry tomatoes and hot stock. Stir and grind in some black pepper. You don't really need salt because of the bacon.
Cover and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-30 mins. Stir after 20 mins to see if all the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the oven, stir through most of the cheese and then top with the remainder. ENJOY! :D

We're having this tonight and I'm serving it with peas, roasted butternut squash/garlic and roast tomatoes on the vine.
When I've made it on the numerous occasions before I've sometimes added shredded, cooked chicken towards the end of the cooking time and other things I've added are sliced mushrooms, cooked along with the bacon, courgettes, ham, sweetcorn, peppers ..... The list is up to you. I once made it as a side dish to accompany seared tuna steaks but, I guess, it'd go with most things. The original recipe had butter and white wine in it but it honestly needs nothing else.

Hope you love this as much as my family do. Can't wait for tea now! :)

I do a version of this from the SW Italian cookbook and it is ine of my favourite meals.

It has 100g chopped spinach, 4 chopped spring onions and some garlic instead of the bacon and onion. Also a good dollop pf mixed herbs. You wilt the first 3 in a frying pan. Then add the rice and herbs, then 800ml stock. Finally add 200g halved cherry toms and bake.

Add 100g grated Parmesan - it must be Parmesan as you don't have the saltiness of the bacon. I've tried it with other cheeses and been disappointed. This is a good version for veggies. Enjoy!

Thanks, ladies. We're building up our bank of recipes, that don't overwhelm you with a gargantuan list of ingredients, nicely now. :D I made the oven-baked risotto, the bacon one I posted, earlier this week. This time, I thought I'd do as indicated in the original recipe and use Parmesan instead of Cheddar. Well, I thought it was OK but will stick to the mature Cheddar in future. It adds way more flavour and creaminess than the Parmesan. Just my opinion, of course! :)

subscribing.:)

89. SPICY CHICKEN AND MEDITTERANEAN ROASTED VEGETABLE COUSCOUS - Serves 4

Syn Free

1 red and 1 green pepper
1 courgette
1 red onion
1 tbsp. medium or hot chilli powder
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 clove of garlic
300g couscous
2 skinless chicken breasts
3 rashers of bacon, visible fat removed

Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
Spray a large ovenproof dish with Frylight, chop all the veg, put into the dish, spray well with the Frylight and season well. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through, stirring round occasionally.
Meanwhile chop the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and dice the bacon rashers. Cook both in a preheated frying pan, sprayed with Frylight.
Sprinkle all the chilli powder over the meat whilst frying. Fry until chicken is cooked through.
Five minutes before everything is cooked, place the couscous in a really large pan. Cover with boiling water, to around 2cm above the couscous, cover and leave.
After five minutes, place the cooked vegetables and cooked meat into the pan with the couscous, along with any juices. Mix thoroughly for about 4-5 minutes, ensuring the couscous is thoroughly coated with any chilli residue.
Good with a side salad and any left-overs are great for lunch the next day.

Last edited:
90. BARBECUED TUNA TERIYAKI - Serves 4. Well, it is supposed to be sunny this weekend!!! :D Believe it when I see it though!

Syn Free

2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
Quarter to half a teaspoon of ground ginger
4 fresh tuna steaks ( about 2cm thick), suppose you could use frozen, once defrosted

In a shallow dish, stir together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger. Place the tuna in the marinade and turn to coat both sides. Cover and leave for at least 30 mins or, preferably, overnight.
Preheat the barbeque to a medium/high heat.
Remove the tuna from the marinade and discard the remaining liquid.
Spray both sides of the tuna steaks with Frylight.
Cook the tuna for approximately 3 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked to liking. Be careful, as tuna can dry out quite easily.
Good served with warm couscous and a side salad.

Last edited:
I just had the sweet chilli chicken and it was amaaaaazing :) I'm not a fan of honey so wasn't to keen on the smell but the taste was amazing and so easy to make!
Thanks you!
Xxx

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

I posted this on a different thread yesterday.I thought I'd share with all of you.Trust me it is lush.I can't remember who posted it originaly but thank you very much.

1 syn chicken korma

Fry chicken off in fry light
Add mushrooms, onions & any other veg you like
Sprinkle 2 chicken oxo and 2 curry oxo over(or curry powder)
Put in 2 muller light greek coconut yoghurts.
(apparently the normal muller light coconut yoghurts are syn free)

I have one too I think it's Syn free for the whole lot

Strawberry icecream 45 second Jamie oliver
500g of frozen strawberries (these are superfree food)
250ml 0% total Greek yoghurt
1tablespoon of honey (2.5 syn) if u want Syn free use sweetner to taste.

Add frozen strawberries into food processor along with honey or sweetner, whiz for a few seconds or until smooth. Scoop and eat.

If my syn calculations are in correct please someone tell but I do think it's syn free with sweetner.

Sounds yummy, K9! The only other Synning I can think of is to do with the old query about fruit being blended! x

You're so welcome. x

Sorry, C Milan - I thought you meant you'd tried the Syn Free Chilli Chicken I'd posted yesterday or the day before! Can't take the credit for the Sweet Chilli Chicken as that was posted by oxoleanneoxo. Can't help you out with how many people it serves, as it doesn't say, but I've looked online and the 3 tbsp. of honey are 7.5 Syns and the Sweet Chilli Sauce is 1.5 Syns per level tbsp. so, if you chose to use the 2 tbsp. of sauce, the whole recipe would work out at 10.5 Syns. Hope this helps. x

I find that a werid one, Dudley strawberries are strawberries lol

I know! Think it's something to do with maybe eating more than you would but, if they're Syn Free anyway, I still can't get my head round it properly! :D Thanks for the recipe anyway. x

Back