Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Hi have subscribed to the thread and as good as the meals look I personally would describe minimum ingredients as being 6 or less having tons of ingredients tends to put me off trying recipes no offense x

None taken. Yes, that is how it started but, as a lot of the time, there's only me adding recipes (thanks to those who have done and no criticism meant to others who haven't) and I'm now back at work, it's quite hard to keep a thread going and current with such tight restrictions. I soon ran out of the very minimal ingredient recipes but still try hard to find ones with as few ingredients as I can and ones that people will, hopefully, find tasty. Apologies if the thread title is misleading.

Kathy

GARLIC AND ROSEMARY CHICKEN - Serves 2

Syn Free

2 skinless chicken breasts
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
Half a tbsp. of dried rosemary but lovely with a few fresh rosemary sprigs if you have them.
2 tbsp. of lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
Cover the chicken breasts with the garlic, then sprinkle with the rosemary and lemon juice before seasoning well with salt and black pepper.
Place in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, covering with foil halfway through to stop it drying out, or until the juices run clear. The baking time will also depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Lovely served with couscous and a side salad.
Although simple, it is tasty.

SOUFFLE BAKED POTATOES WITH CHEDDAR - Serves 4

1 Syn per whole recipe, if using HEX Cheddar for each serving.

4 baking potatoes
2 eggs, separated
120g grated Cheddar cheese (30g HEX for each serving)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
85g pack of watercress, roughly chopped
2 tsp Dijon mustard - 1 Syn

Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Bake the potatoes for about 60 minutes. Don't forget to prick them first!
Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Cut them in half and scoop the flesh into a bowl, reserving the skins.
Mix the flesh with the egg yolks, cheese, chives, watercress and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold them gently into the mixture. Spoon the mixture back into the skins.
Bake for a further 20 minutes and serve immediately, maybe with a colourful side salad.

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGE 55 and 98

Hi all - Just wondering now, since the post earlier on this page by debbiecoops, what others think about the recipes I've been adding. It's just that, after reading what she thinks, whilst looking for new recipes to add for today, I've been really hesitant about using quite a lot of them in case, as she says, they don't really fit into the category of minimal ingredients. I've gone to add them and then held back because of what she rightly said. It's been much more difficult to find appetising recipes today though, because of this. Luckily, I managed to find the two above with 6 or less ingredients, as she suggested but, to be honest, I've used up a lot of my own now and, if she wants me to only put ones with 6 or less things in them, I think this thread will soon dry up, which I really don't want it to do. Just in a dilemma and wondered what you think. :S Thanks. xx

Kathy

Last edited:
Hi all - Just wondering now, since the post earlier on this page by debbiecoops, what others think about the recipes I've been adding. It's just that, after reading what she thinks, whilst looking for new recipes to add for today, I've been really hesitant about using quite a lot of them in case, as she says, they don't really fit into the category of minimal ingredients. I've gone to add them and then held back because of what she rightly said. It's been much more difficult to find appetising recipes today though, because of this. Luckily, I managed to find the two above with 6 or less ingredients, as she suggested but, to be honest, I've used up a lot of my own now and, if she wants me to only put ones with 6 or less things in them, I think this thread will soon dry up, which I really don't want it to do. Just in a dilemma and wondered what you think. :S Thanks. xx

Kathy

I've just come across this thread as I'm new and I think it's fab. I see what Deb is saying but sometimes you need more ingredients to make a recipe more interesting. Personally it doesn't bother me, and flicking through the SW books themselves many of those have a number of ingredients. So for me, post away! There's a few I'll be trying. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Kathy

Oh no I find this thread & Pete's recipe thread fantastic for meal inspiration, Please keep them coming:eating:

I've been linking this thread for others to look at too.

Big thank you Chocko1 :bighug:

I've been reading with interest and think the limit should not be strictly adhered to. ( you could change the thread title if desired so as not to confuse anyone) also I've noticed that when there are more ingredients they tend to be storecupboard staples like herbs and spices so it's not like you need to buy them each time you want to make the recipes. I say keep them coming and don't stress if there's a few more ingredients.

I'd draw the line at 30 though. :8855:

Hi chocko many thanks for the response seriously hope I havent offended but I hope u can see where Im coming from Im new to slimming world and looking for quick and easy recipes really do appreciate the posts all the same x

Kathy

Absolutely not adhere to a few ingredients. As someone replied before me I totally agree with the store cupboard ingredients... They will do more than one recipe. Also when a recipe calls for quite a few ingredients sometimes what is one persons taste is not another's and they may leave that ingredient out. Everything you have posted will have given others inspiration to create a dish that is suitable to their own taste. Yes people do adhere to recipes however if they are doing SW they will know how to improvise with the ingredients they do have. Keep up the great work x

keep up with the recipes I was getting bored with the same recipes. this has been so useful to me. had most of the staple ingredients anyway. love that they are so quick and easy to make, even when I am busy.

Kathy

Please don't stop, I plan my meals with your recipes, they are brilliant. So I just write out my weekly shop from those plans. You're amazing :) x

Debbie, I understand what you mean, being a newbie! I was just the same when I joined, maybe try and do what I do? And plan your meals on them? :)

Kathy

Hi Kathy.I think you should keep up the good work.I love this thread.I also love the thought of cooking something new or that I have never tasted before.Most of the ingredients are cupboard staples.And if I don't have it,then I'm trying something new & it's there to be used again.

I'm going to try this one out on the weekend.

Pulled Pork

• 1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
  • 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp mustard powder
  • 500g passata
  • 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 3 tbsp sweetener
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
  2. Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer to a roasting tin lined with aluminium foil and pour the sauce over the pork making sure all the meat is covered. Cover with the foil and bake on 160°C/140°C Fan for 4-5 hours.
  3. Remove the pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.

Some people are also adding 2 teaspoon's of smoked paprika too.

Thanks everyone for the lovely and reassuring replies. I really appreciate it and, no, Debbie, I'm honestly not offended - just didn't want to disappoint anyone after saying 'minimum' ingredients. Obviously, I'll always try to keep the number of ingredients down. It's just with the more recipes posted, the harder it becomes. Thanks everyone though. I feel loads better about continuing, even though the list may sometimes exceed six ingredients! :)

Kathy xx

EASY, QUICK LENTIL CURRY - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving (depending on which curry paste you use)

2 medium onions, cut into wedges
4 tbsp. curry paste
850ml vegetable stock
750g stewpack frozen veg
100g red lentils
200g basmati rice
turmeric

Spray a large pan with Frylight.
Add the onions and cook over a high heat for about 8 minutes or until they are browned.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for one minute.
Slowly pour in a little of the stock so it sizzles, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan. Gradually pour in the rest of the stock.
Stir in the veg, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes or until the veg and lentils are cooked. Season.
While the curry is simmering, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, adding a little turmeric to the cooking water.

Could also serve with couscous, maybe with grated carrot and a little red chilli stirred through. Could add peas or spinach towards the end of cooking or perhaps some garlic and peppers with the onion at the start.

Kathy

I think you are doing a great job. If you look in sw cook books there are loads of ingredients. Yours are fine as they are. I just wish I could think of something to put on. Have only contributed one. I am basically a meat and two veg girl but have progressed a little since reading your thread. :)

I looooove this thread! I HATE cooking and this has given me easy and yummy recipes to follow and kept me on plan! I don't think I would be able to have losses each week without everyone's recipes! I just wish I could contribute, unless anyone wants a beans on toast recipe? :D
Keep up the good work!
Xxxx

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

I am off work next week and will be using your recipes all week as a challenge to myself! I might also try adding a few myself as I stock up my freezer with yummy foods for lunches at work!!

Love this thread! X

Back