Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Oh yes, I have seen this on, I think it was Pete's thread, but, as you say, sounded pretty disgusting (no offence, Pete) so haven't been brave enough to try it yet! I have been tempted several times so, now I know you all think it's tasty, I'll have to bite the bullet and give it a go! :D

Kathy

CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA CURRY - Serves 4

1 Syn per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. medium-hot curry paste (I use Patak's Tikka Masala - 2 tbsp. = 4 Syns)
400g can chopped tomatoes or passata
350ml vegetable stock
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Half a large cauliflower, cut into small florets
200g frozen peas

Spray a large pan with Frylight and fry the onion until beginning to soften.
Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and chickpeas, simmer for 5 minutes, before adding the peas and continuing to simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, or until peas are cooked.
Season to taste and serve with rice, maybe topped with chopped coriander and some Fat Free Natural yoghurt.

Suppose you could add some diced potato in, if liked.

GREEK LAMB CHOPS - Serves 4

Syn Free

1 tbsp. dried oregano
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
8 small lamb loin chops

Preheat the grill.
Combine the first three ingredients, adding salt and black pepper to taste. Rub over both sides of the chops.
Place chops on the grill pan and spray with Frylight.
Grill for about 4 minutes on each side, not forgetting to Frylight the other side too, or until they are cooked to your liking.

Really lovely served on a bed of couscous with chopped tomatoes and cucumber stirred through. For a really yummy addition, you could gently stir HEX portions of Feta cheese through the couscous too.

CHILLI CHICKEN - Serves 6

Syn Free

1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
1 heaped teaspoon chilli powder
Half a tbsp. ground cumin
1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 medium red chilli, diced and seeds removed
500g passatta
250ml chicken stock
400g can kidney beans, drained

Spray a large pan with Frylight and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken and lightly brown on a medium heat.
Then add the chilli powder, cumin and seasoning to taste. Stir on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add chopped peppers and the chopped chilli and continue to cook on a medium heat for a further 2 minutes.
Add passatta and chicken stock, stir well and turn to a low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 55 minutes. Add kidney beans, stir and simmer for a further 20 minutes.

Good with rice, noodles or SW chips.

Just made this for my mum who's visiting and we both loved it. She couldn't believe it was SW free! Thanks for the great ideas :)

So glad she liked it. :) It is amazing what you can eat, isn't it? Some of my colleagues in the staff room are amazed at some of my lunches!

Kathy

Oh yes, I have seen this on, I think it was Pete's thread, but, as you say, sounded pretty disgusting (no offence, Pete) so haven't been brave enough to try it yet! I have been tempted several times so, now I know you all think it's tasty, I'll have to bite the bullet and give it a go! :D

Kathy

Loving the recipes have tried some and going to try a few more thank you so much for taking the time to post. Do give the mushy pea curry a try it is actually quite nice and doesn't really taste too much of mushy peas. A bit like the cauliflower curry sauce that doesn't taste of cauliflower!

Im not a very confident cook so your recipes have been a great help, thank you, im still addicted to the chicken korma using the coconut muller light! This is a nice weekend treat for us -

Doner kebab meat

1tsp plain flour
1tsp dried oregano
½ tsp Italian herbs
½ tsp garlic pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp onion powder
½ pepper
1 tsp salt
500g minced lean lamb or any lean/extra lean minced meat

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine , dried oregano, driedItalian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and blackpepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching andkneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place ona baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure evenbrowning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover withfoil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible andserve with pitta, salad and sauces!

Can highly reccommend the pizza that i saw on Petes thread, using the warbuton thins, very quick and tasty and low syns if using the cheese as your healthy extra a! Big hit with my little ones.

I dont go to as much effort as Pete though (the quicker the better for me!) I just use 1 thin (comes cut in half so 2.5 syns per half) spread it with tomato puree, add 1 Kerry Low Low Mature Cheese slice to each half (2 slices are a hexa) or 3 syns a slice then top with whatever you fancy, mine is usually just ham and mushrooms. Doesnt take very long in the oven, between 5-10 mins depending on how crispy you like it and serve with a large portion of sw chips (or my cheat is to use a tin of new potatoes, sliced, sprayed with fry light and cooked in the oven)
They also taste great cold for lunch too!

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGE 55 and 98

Thanks for adding these, Megselie. I'll give them a try - maybe this weekend and let you know how I get on!

Kathy x

Last edited:
Loving the recipes have tried some and going to try a few more thank you so much for taking the time to post. Do give the mushy pea curry a try it is actually quite nice and doesn't really taste too much of mushy peas. A bit like the cauliflower curry sauce that doesn't taste of cauliflower!

You're so welcome, Peacelily and I will give the mushy pea curry a try! :O

Kathy x

SPANISH CHICKEN - Serves 4

Syn Free

475g chicken thighs (suppose you could use breasts but thighs have a bit more flavour)
300g paella rice
1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
1 chicken stock cube
100g frozen peas
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 shallots, sliced

Spray a deep pan with Frylight and fry the shallots and garlic for about 5 mins, then add the chicken thighs and fry for 5 minutes more, turning to brown on all sides.
Stir in the paella rice, smoked paprika and the red pepper. Stir well.
Add 700ml of chicken stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the frozen peas and season well.
Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the rice and chicken are cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed.

Last edited:
SALMON COUSCOUS - Serves 2

Syn Free

2 peppers, any colour
1 red onion
6-8 baby courgettes
mint leaves
250g fresh salmon fillets
Piri piri seasoning
60g couscous

Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
Wash, deseed and chop the peppers. Dice the onion and courgettes into small chunks. Place in a Frylighted baking tray, spray with Frylight, season with salt and pepper.
Cook in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the veg has softened.
Put a square of foil onto a baking tray and spray with Frylight. Place the salmon on the foil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then sprinkle with Piri Piri seasoning, again to taste and spray with Frylight.
Wrap the foil into a parcel and place the baking tray in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, place dry couscous in a bowl and add water, according to pack instructions. Add a pinch of salt, stir well and cover with a lid or clingfilm, leaving for 20 minutes.
When the veggies are ready, stir into the couscous, with the finely shredded mint leaves. Mix thoroughly.
Serve the salmon on plates with the couscous mixture piled around it.

This is also nice with a HEX portion of Feta cheese stirred through or 50g roasted pine nuts but don't forget to Syn these!

STICKY CHICKEN - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

3 tbsp. of runny honey
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. soy sauce
680g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly and leave to stand for, at least, 30 minutes in the fridge.
Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately, maybe on a bed of crispy salad or with rice.

Can also be used as a BBQ marinade.

Forgot about this one! It's so easy but totally scrumptious!!

Im not a very confident cook so your recipes have been a great help, thank you, im still addicted to the chicken korma using the coconut muller light! This is a nice weekend treat for us -

Doner kebab meat
1tsp plain flour
1tsp dried oregano
½ tsp Italian herbs
½ tsp garlic pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp onion powder
½ pepper
1 tsp salt
500g minced lean lamb or any lean/extra lean minced meat

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine , dried oregano, driedItalian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and blackpepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching andkneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place ona baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure evenbrowning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover withfoil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible andserve with pitta, salad and sauces!

This has been a firm family favourite for the last two years in my house from hubby, kids. Teenagers and friends. The recipe I have text / emailed to numerous people. If anyone has doubts trying it don't! It's the best fakeaway ever. :)

STICKY CHICKEN - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

3 tbsp. of runny honey
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. soy sauce
680g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly and leave to stand for, at least, 30 minutes in the fridge.
Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately, maybe on a bed of crispy salad or with rice.

Can also be used as a BBQ marinade.

Forgot about this one! It's so easy but totally scrumptious!!

going to try this. thanks.

It is totally delicious - hope you agree, having just said that! When I first made it, having no sense of smell whatsoever, I was a bit worried when my partner and daughter said all they could smell was balsamic vinegar and that it would probably taste awful! :O However, they had to eat their words, as well as the scrummy chicken, when they tried it later. They couldn't get enough of it! :D I have served it with Uncle Ben's Express Chicken Rice (3 Syns per pouch) in the past, when I'm feeling lazy, and it was gorgeous.

Kathy

MARINATED SALMON - Serves 4 Sounds quite boring but is tasty and lovely in hot weather! :)

Syn Free

One and a half pounds fresh salmon fillet
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Half a tsp of fresh dill (or could use freeze-dried)
Half tsp of dried oregano
Half a tsp of dried crushed red peppers (if you can't find them, you could add a quarter tsp of dried chilli flakes

Mix together the lemon zest, the lemon juice, garlic, dill, oregano, dried peppers/chilli and a pinch of salt. Spray the mixture liberally with Frylight.
Spray the salmon fillet, on both sides, with Frylight and place in a food bag, pouring in the marinade. Hold the neck of the bag firmly closed whilst massaging the marinade into the fish to coat it evenly. Refrigerate and leave in the bag for 25-30 minutes.
Once marinated, place the fish on a foil lined baking tray, skin side down, with all the marinade sprinkled over and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 200C/gas 6. It's easier to serve if you slice the fillet into four before placing in the oven.
The salmon can also be grilled or fried, if you prefer.

This is a lovely, light, summery meal, especially when served with a salad of lettuce, baby spinach, cucumber, tomato and red onion, with HEX portions of Feta cheese mixed through.

It also goes beautifully with some of the following cold tzatziki dressing spooned over.

TZATZIKI DRESSING

Syn Free

6oz of natural Fat Free Greek yoghurt
1 clove of garlic
1 cupful of finely grated, peeled cucumber
Half a tsp of finely grated lemon zest
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
Half a tsp of fresh or freeze-dried chopped dill

Simply mix all the above ingredients together, grating the garlic into the bowl and squeezing as much of the cucumber juices into the bowl, after grating it as you can. Also add the squeezed out grated cucumber too. Stir a pinch of salt through.
Keep in the fridge and serve chilled with salmon, chicken or as a salad dressing or dip.

Back